South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-16-2006, 05:18 PM   #1  
Pirate

Default Stuck for lunches sometimes

Sometimes, as the title suggests, I get stuck in the morning with no time to make lunches. My school where I work offers "healthy" choices for kids.. you know, pasta, pizza, sandwhiches, burgers, fried chicken, ice cream, and more! What they do offer is tuna wraps. The tuna is wrapped in a regular white-flour wrap but it's very easy to unwrap. Would this be a Phase I lunch? The tuna is mixed with mayo and cellery and lettuce and tomato in it. I remember normal mayo being okay, low in sugar and okay in small doses. Sometimes, I buy these and eat the tuna out of the wrap, along with a 1% milk box or some water. I know it's not the best, but is this okay for Phase I? Sometimes, I am stuck with nothing better.
Geekchicalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:09 PM   #2  
Lovin' Life!

I hope it's ok because I've been eating tuna for lunches too...mayo, no bread but sometimes wrapped in a large romaine leaf.
Muffin02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/184.5/125

What I do for lunches is cook a large vat of chili on the weekend. I put it into disposable tupperware containers and freeze it. I can then just grab one in the morning and take it with me. Since it's frozen I can leave it on my desk during the morning and just microwave it come lunch time.

The recipes are posted on the Phase 1 Chilis - I think I titled it 3 wonderful chilis.

I hope this helps!
ckb1432003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 09:07 PM   #4  
Pirate

Oooh, good idea! I will try this, this weekend maybe! I like chili really, really, spicy. Is hot sauce, hot peppers, all the gooood stuff allowed on Phase I?
Geekchicalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 07:44 AM   #5  

Geek, the tuna salad is okay... like CKB recommended: Take some time on a Sat or Sun and prepare some lunches for your week. As for all the "good stuff" -- check the Phase1 approved list, and use the recipes on the site to ensure you are eating within the plan . The white bean chili is delish, as is the "Wendy's chili" . You might try making a 3 bean salad, and chopping up some veggies to just grab and go during the week. Hardboiled eggs, breakfast muffins, etc are also good make a head and grab and go. It might take you an hour or 2 to pre plan, but I think you'll find it is worth it!
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote