South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 09:41 AM   #16  

I'm Baaaaack!!!! My face is all flush and I'm still a tich sweaty, but man I FEEEEL GOOOOOD!

Freaky: Hmmm , have you tried to Defrag? Maybe it's time fer a tune up is all... maybe that will buy you some more time!

Cottage: Yay fer hopping back on the wagon! YOu're a great example of what Ruthie said: Pick yerself up and Git on with it!!!

Jana:
" Wheel of Death" -- well, I'll never call those SATAN SNACK machines Vending machines AGAIN!!! I call those cawfee vending machines the "Sludge-O-Matics"

Amelie: Yes that was an excellent link!! I am a Big water drinker as a rule.. so I never sweat (ha ha) how much I drink... I can tell you this though, when I dont get enough water in for a few days... all these WRINKLES AND CRINKLES appear on my face and neck ( I believe I have or will be cursed with the Family throat waddle ) and I just GLOW and look better when I make sure I get enough !

Hoosier:
I feel yer pain doll!!!! Since I started to go to Curves, I notice a high of energy and then I get pooped .. I've been saying that I'm gonna clean this "crack house" for the last 3 days... TODAY I WILL DO IT!!!
muffin: U GO GIRL WORK IT WORK IT!!!

Cottage: MANDISA?? Really???? She is Awesome..luv her !!!!!

Ruthie: I hope you are on your Dreadmil but be careful of that knee DAHLINK!!!!!

Soon: Big Sister Schatzi here--see you stressed fer nothin doll... I think we all have a nutty relative that drives us CRAZY!!!! I'm so glad you treated yerself! You deserve it for all the care and love you give to your family.! Soooooo how did the interview go?

3dmomma: Please make my check out to Schatzi...fer $750.

Sarah: How FABULOUS IS THAT !!!!! I'm doin the Snoopy Happy Dance fer you!!! and ...(that'll haveta do..no Hula girl )

Dare: U R DOING MAHVAlOUS !!!!!!!!!!!

I think it has been Mamahulk who always has such uplifting things to say about us Chicks.. Mama darling, you are so right! Now it's my turn to say I think ALL of you are such a wonderful shot of daily sunshine, support and inspiration! I don't think I would have joined Curves had it not been for you Curvy chicks.. and I know I would be drifting far from the beach, if it wasn't for your inspiration and encouragement! So thankyou for sharing your struggles and triumphs and your day with me and all of each other..

us FAT CHICKS RULE!!!!!

Now Where is my SWIFFER????? I gotta go SMITE some Dust Bunnies!!!!!!

have a great day !!
Old 03-16-2006, 09:51 AM   #17  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Wow!! Is it windy here, our garage can blew off the patio last night and when I retrieved it I had to put all the other loose cans next to the one that has the heavy bird seed bag in it

Sorry to say we're not celebrating St Patricks Day this year as my DH has to go back to the hospital for his MRI.We have a briscut in the freezer[corned beef to fatty]along with other festive ingredients,but we'll have them some other day.The St Patricks Day Parade is different then in N.Y. They have it on Sunday in Boston,so We will be long gone from there.Don't have to deal with the crowds.

Went to the doctors yesterday for a consultation,he told us about that they are 4 types of cancer and each has a different treatment. We are going to a near by town to have the radiation and its going to take 6 weeks ,five day a week.

So theres going to lots of driving for me,as hubby used to drive me around.I guess it good for me to get the experience.

Still hanging at 149 the scale has been a real friend,these past couple days as I wasn't eatting right.

Slept late,so I have to get on the ball,and get my chores and errands done.

Will post later HugsBB
Old 03-16-2006, 10:01 AM   #18  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

Oh, I am so mad!
I just spent like 10 minutes writing a post & then it got erased!!!!
Don't have time to retype it. I'm down 2 more pounds . . . .
Stupid computers.
xoxoxox
Old 03-16-2006, 10:07 AM   #19  

Default just a hi to all..

checking to see how everyone is doing--with sick computer, sick people and natural disasters--prayers are in order for all--including me.

Need to figure out why my ticker changes are not showing up--I have lost another 2 lbs (down to 171) but am afraid of another repeat of two weeks ago, i.e. gaining and relosing the same 2 lbs! Have a ladies lunch today, lunch and dinner out tomorrow, dinner at friends on Saturday and finally home OP on Sunday--and Monday ain't any better! I really try to select the best foods available but meals at someone else's home are a real challenge.

Wish me luck--and best wishes to all for a successful weekend.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:29 AM   #20  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

Height: 5'5

good morning! It's so nice to be back on the beach with you ladies! I've really missed it actually! Well, last night I made my dh and kids fajitas for dinner. I bought the old el paso kit and used chuck steak with it. I was clueless what to have for my dinner so I thought.....maybe I could just eat the meat and leave off the tortilla? So, that's what I did. I put the steak and onions on a bed of lettuce with salsa, ff sour cream, and mozzerella cheese. It was pretty good but after eating it I was wondering if the seasoning packet that went with the meat messed me up or not. I think it has corn starch and some sugar. Hopefully it wasn't enough to hurt me! Other than that I think I did good yesterday! Also, I went to the gym and got on the treadmill for a half an hour and lifted weights. Oh, I have a question....What kind of fudge bars are the best for snacking as far as calories and sugar go? I can't remember! Well, I hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 03-16-2006, 10:52 AM   #21  

Hey gals!

Not much posting from me this week- it seems if I don't get in for a quick one in the morning I don't get back to it!

Up 2 pounds this week- UGH!! It is TOM and I am eating like a fool idiot. I am looking forward to this weekend to re-group! I have an OP lunch planned, but need something for dinner. I am going to run by the store on the way home to cook DD and myself something tasty and healthy.

Barb Just skimmed and see that Brian is sick this week. What a bummer to be sick on spring break!

Okay- I have a ton of stuff to do during my planning period, just couldn't resist a quick check in and needed to confess my eating sins to the chicks!
Old 03-16-2006, 10:54 AM   #22  
South Beach Life Style

Yesterday was a good day, all OP, just busy with the family album I am making a movie of.. Needs to be done soon, and I have, and am going through soooooooooo many pics.. I had to go to a couple of my aunts homes yesterday and get pics,, I just did not realize how big my Mothers family is... it is turning out very well..
I finished my English paper as well, My topic was "Appealing the Lethal Injcection, Stall or inhumane? 8 pages long, as I am very opinionated when it comes to the judicial system and there reasoning.................................the paper is done way early.. so I am happy about that,,

Hope everyone is doing well and focused.. Take Care All
Old 03-16-2006, 10:56 AM   #23  
Lovin' Life!

I'm back also freshly showered from my sweat-fest!

Ruth, WTG on getting your workout in also! That's the spirit!

Dare, that stinks about the snow. I'm hoping we're done for the season.

Barb, I hope your son feels better soon! I can't stand when my little guy is sick.

beach bum, you guys are still in my prayers!

Demeter, congrats on the 2# loss, that's great.

Pink, good luck...I know how hard it is when you're at someone else's house. We eat at my il's every week and they normally have a nice variety and something safe for me...but last week there was a lot I had to avoid!

Hi Tar, great job on your workout and nice to meet you!
Old 03-16-2006, 11:02 AM   #24  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Happy Thursday everyone! I love the feeling of it almost being Friday. And tomorrow is St Patty's day! YAY! I don't have a lot going on...just working in the lab as usual. Tomorrow night DH and I are going to a couple of different church events - the first one at his (Catholic) church is a Lenten dinner and Stations of the Cross, and the second, at a friend's church, is a St. Patty's celebration. Kind of an interesting contrast. But each event should be enjoyable in its own way.

No time for individual posts today, but I am thinking about all of you and hope that you're doing great!
Old 03-16-2006, 11:15 AM   #25  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Hey chickadoodles...

Well not much going on today. Just working my at home job for about 5 hours...DH Is off all day/night so we may go see a movie or something. Ate pretty well last night and even made it to the gym to get some really hard cardio in. Got all my water in as well...hmmm...am I really setting myself up for success?!?!?! Something must be wrong here.

I am in a good mood today, I just secured some major gigs for my photography, and I am down another lb.

Here is to the good news keepin a commin!

freaky - the Thursday dance eh? I am out of bed, I don't know about dancing yet Too bad about your computer problems hun...

cottage - may have been the weather, when it gets cold I tend to lean more towards the dark side myself.

JanaM - oooooh dancing... sounds like fun. LOL about the wheel of death, we used to call it the fat machine, we said they should build in a scale platform and unless you were under a certain weight it should refuse service....would have helped me countless times!

Schatzi - ooooh cawfee , how did you know!

Hoosiermom - I understand about the whole house thing. I have been trying to follow flylady.net but I always end up "emergency" cleaning for marathons of like 4 hours like you are planning today. COngrats on your motivation.

regina - have fun with your tae bo...strawberries sound delicious right now.

ruth - Your mother sounds like a smart lady...good luck, I can tell your motivated

soon - Gotta love those non food rewards, blondes have more fun right?

tyra - Keep it up girl...

sarah - HAWAII...you are always going on trips and making me jealous girl...

nicole - I love aerobics, have some cake its only his birthday once a year right?

barb - sometimes other things in life suffer the achievements of being a great mom. Don't be afriad to put the extra cooked burger back in the fridge...you can always reheat it later.

beach - haha I did not figure out you meant GARBAGE can, I thought you meant garage...Im like man that is some strong wind! I will keep you and you hubby in my thoughts.

demeter - Amen on the stupid computers...congrats on the 2 lbs girl!

pinkeagle - I love your ticker it is so cute!

tar675 - I buy the healthy bunch popsicle box...it has sugar free low fat fudgcicles, creamcicles and popsicles.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:47 AM   #26  
Mom to 3 Great Kids

Tar675 - Noticed that you are from the Eastern Shore of Maryland, so am I! I live in Queen Anne's County and grew up in Kent County. It's a small world!

Tyra
Old 03-16-2006, 11:47 AM   #27  

Kiko - Brian has strep again. He seems to be feeling fine and so far today has not had a fever so he may be okay. He's been watching TVLand today with all the old shows - Green Acres, I Dream of Jeannie, Brady Bunch. He loves Andy Griffith and Little House on the Prairie the best. I need to get him working on his project for school. He has two weeks until it is due and while the poster is pretty much done, he needs to figure out what he will talk about for 10 minutes and then memorize it.

tar675 - I go for the No Sugar Added Popcicle Brand Fudgesicles. They are widely recommended and lower in calories than some that exceed the daily 75 calorie limit.

Last edited by Barb0522; 03-16-2006 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:58 AM   #28  
gotta lose it!

Schatzi - I just got back from Curves too! I didn't want to go, but now that I went, I'm glad I did. I feel so much better! I missed the thruster (whew!) I did meet the owner today (she owns 4 Curves) She was a H.A.M. sandwich...hello - you're going to work! I wasn't impressed. My $29.00/month can buy her a better hair do! (Think frosted with a mullet/flock of seagulls style - yikes!) OK that was my nasty comment for the day. Schatzi the interview is tomorrow!! And they already have my replacement, so I'm not worried (I even asked for a pay raise!) Hey if I'm going to have to drive an extra 20 mins, I wanna little more green for the wallet - I'm worth it!
Gotta vaccum, fix dinner & get ready for work....chow!
Old 03-16-2006, 03:41 PM   #29  
Saved by the Grace of God

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5'6"

Stephie: I used to follow flylady.net. I did really well until I got the flu. I've been trying to climb back onto that wagon for a while now. Just remember... baby steps!
Old 03-16-2006, 05:10 PM   #30  
RNMOM

Default Jumping in to say HI

Hope everyone's day isgoing good. It's quiet in the ER, thank goodness as yesterday we got our trash kicked. I went home wiped out.

Sounds like everyone is doing good.

BeachBum HUGS to you, you're on my mind.

Day 10 of P1 and I'm still on OP, everyday is a new day but so far so good.

Take care everyone.
Closed Thread