South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 03:22 PM   #16  

Silky ricotta, eh? I have never heard of such a thing. I'll keep an eye open. Also, those tofu noodles on hungry-girl.com...are those okay for phase 1?
Old 03-14-2006, 03:24 PM   #17  

Default Day 2

Hello, chickies! Checking in to say that day 2 is going much better. I made sure I had a proper breakfast and my snacks. When lunch time came around I was hungry but not starving. What's more important--no headache.

The first time I did phase 1 I weighed myself everyday but this time I don't think I will do that.

As for the ricotta cheese desserts, I do not like ricotta because of the texture either, so I do them with nf cottage cheese. Do you chicks think they are interchangeable dietwise?
Old 03-14-2006, 03:41 PM   #18  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quote:
Do you chicks think they are interchangeable dietwise?
They really are not interchangeable although both work in the Creme Dessert. 1-2% cottage cheese has about half the calories, half the carbs, 1/10 of the fat but the same protein as Ricotta. So cottage cheese is a better lower fat and calorie choice than reduced fat ricotta! I got this from www.fitday.com, a handy free tool!

What are the ingredients in the tofu noodles? We don't get them up here.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:37 PM   #19  

Ladies, I do have to tell you, if you need that chocolate fix, try the SBD chocolate milkshake. I swear, and I know this sounds odd, but I could maybe eat it in place of regular ice cream and be just as satisfied. I don't add the instant coffee it asks for, just the cocoa. Yum.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:06 PM   #20  
Princess Gonna Bee

S/C/G: 306/298.2/170

Default Day 1 and 2

So far, so good! I went grocery shopping Sunday (I nearly passed out when I got the total, but I suppose the spices, etc. drove the cost up.) and pre cut most of my veggies. I felt good yesterday, but the organic chocolate cookies (like Oreos) in my cabinet were screaming at me. They've been there untouched for months. They are still untouched!!! Go me! Today after lunch I felt a real slump in energy and a headache, so I popped some painkillers and I'm doing ok. Although, around lunch I thought to myself that I would kill for a sweet tea (and our lunch room makes the best... very sweet...very Southern!). Anothr GO ME moment: I cooked! I hardly ever cook...hate to cook... it wasn't so painful after all! Now I just need a cabana boy to do the clean up!

Amelie, I'm a teacher too. Fortunately, we have a "breakfast break" that occurs after 1st period (actually it's a 12 minute class change). I grab something quick then. When I was on a schedule that didn't have that, I just ate during class change. On other "diets" I've eaten at the very end of class or the very beginning while kids are packing up or doing bell ringers.

What I ate:
B: (M) veggie quiche cups (ok, not a fan of egg substitute, next time I'll use all eggs) & (T)Scrambled eggs and salsa, w/ V-8 & a slice of ham both days
S: 2 deviled eggs & a few cherry tomatoes (M) and 1 devilled egg (T)
L: (M) Chef Salad (T) Smaller salad and Chicken Divan (from SBD site)
S: (both days) mixed nuts and ham slice
D: (M) Chicken Divan... very divine! (T) Taco bake (SBD site) I"m cooking again!
No evening snack, tonight, probably the chocolate shake. Need some milk!

This forum is much better & easier to maneuver than the SBD site!

Later Chicks. I've got cooking to do.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:31 PM   #21  
Pirate

Another teacher-chick checking in! You're so lucky, we can't eat during classes. Sometimes, when I am trying Phase I, I try and eat in the 3 minutes the kids have to change classes in, haha. I will have to be more aware of when I snack. Sometimes, I end up going whole days without one. Not good, I know. When I re-started Phase I this weekend I will sit down and try to think of a good time to get some snacks in!
Old 03-14-2006, 09:22 PM   #22  

glad to hear there are fellow teachers out there! Peanuts are a great 5 minutes in between snack! Today didn't go too badly for me....

b-2 eggs, scrambled (nothing added), coffee
s-cashews (easy to grab a handful at a break time)
l-salad with leftover salmon from last night's dinner, small container cottage cheese
s-laughing cow cheese wedge, 5.5 oz Spicy V8
d-chicken, green beans, and small serving of refried beans with cheddar cheese
s-sbd chocolate milkshake

Hope everyone else is doing well!
Old 03-15-2006, 08:42 AM   #23  
Rejoice in the Lord

I did quite well yesterday. My mom and I went to my favorite Greek/Italian spaghetti and steak house and my favorite spaghetti was the special but I resisted. I had the sirloin medallions with a salad and green beans. NO bread.

B: 2 boiled eggs, coffee
L: Sirloin medallions, salad, green beans
S: roasted chickpeas
D: Ham and cheese rollups, sbd peanut butter cup
a few more roasted chickpeas

We did bring home my dd's leftover Lasagna and I tasted the sauce. She also had some of there fabulous rolls. I did put a bite in my mouth but I spit it out.

I do think I was a little short on my water but not bad. I had to go to bed early with a migraine.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:14 AM   #24  
Come on Spring!

Chickies, if Beachgal were here, she'd yell at you about not enough veggies! Try for 4 1/2 cups per day and not all salads!

I am concerned that I don't see much dairy being consumed. Osteporosis in your future? Remember that dairy is now allowed on Phase I - see the FAQ Foodlist.

I was a teacher-chick way back in the dark ages. Now I train dogs and their owners! It's much easier.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:47 AM   #25  

Yesterday 3/14/06:
B: 2 scrambled eggs, 1/2 cup ff mozzerella cheese, chopped peppers and mushrooms, about 1/2 a cup total
2 slices turkey bacon, medium coffee with a tiny bit of real half and half
S: cheese stick
L: 1.5 cups taco soup (beans, tomatoes, chicken stock, onions, jalapenos, spices I really need to post the recipe for this, it really satisfies my near daily taco craving)
baby spinach with grape tomatoes, cucumbers, ff feta and olive oil/red wine venegar
1/2 cup sf jello w/1 tbls ff cool whip
s: 1 container Dannon yogurt (no sugar, vanilla flavored), black cherry diet rite
d: chicken satay (couldn't finish all the chicken though, so the kitties ate it), marinated cucumbers, 1 cup frozen veggies
s: 1/3 pan black bean brownies, oops! ;-) and 1 nsa fudgsicle
3 liters of water total for the day
How does this look?
Old 03-15-2006, 09:50 AM   #26  
Come on Spring!

It looks great! Lots of veggies and legumes. Please do post the taco soup in the Phase I recipe section. It sounds familiar - maybe a Weight Watchers recipe?
[GO, Girl!
Old 03-15-2006, 09:58 AM   #27  
It's 2014, I need help!

S/C/G: 298/298/180

Hi Everyone! I started phase one about 4 weeks ago, lost 8 pounds the first week! But for whatever reason I fell off the band wagon towards the end of phase 1, I haven't gained anything back, but I haven't lost anything either. What should I do? should I redo phase 1? or should I do a mixture of both phase 1, but add a few carbs every once in a while?? What have other people done??
Old 03-15-2006, 01:41 PM   #28  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

Height: 5'5

Hi! I'm starting SB (again) today. So far I've had 2 pieces of bacon and 1 scrambled egg for breakfast, boneless, skinless, chicken breast stir-fried with cabbage, broccoli, mushrooms, seasonings, and soy sauce and a glass of fat free milk. I've had 48 oz of water so far today. I also had 15 almonds for an afternoon snack. I'm stumped as to what to make for dinner!

Last edited by tar675; 03-15-2006 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:14 PM   #29  

Default Back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan2006
Hi Everyone! I started phase one about 4 weeks ago, lost 8 pounds the first week! But for whatever reason I fell off the band wagon towards the end of phase 1, I haven't gained anything back, but I haven't lost anything either. What should I do? should I redo phase 1? or should I do a mixture of both phase 1, but add a few carbs every once in a while?? What have other people done??
I know it's very hard, but what I am doing is Phase 1 strictly. I want to stay on it longer than two weeks, but we will see.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:00 PM   #30  

jrnyc:

I am going to try to do phase one for longer as well...now that I am armed with the black bean brownie recipe, I'll be fine. There's nothing really I miss anyway that I wouldn't be able to have on a normal diet anyway...may as well roll with this. I'm going for at least 3 weeks, but trying for more. Looks like you want to be the same weight as me too (long term goal). Good luck!
Closed Thread