South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 10:21 AM   #16  
Lovin' Life!

Good morning all,
I had a very good eating weekend inspite of sitting next to my 11 year old munching on Fritos while we watched movies last night....ACK! Yesterday started my 3rd week on SB (I started on P2 but pretty close to P1 most of the time). Call me crazy but I didn't weigh or measure myself when I started. I wish I did now but I feel great.

Sunlit Congrats on your #loss! I too tend to buy big...my fav jeans hang on me so much by dh says he wants to see my a$$!!

Glad you had a great time camping Sarah!

Debbie Happy Bday to your son and enjoy your scrapping!

Kiko Prayers for your dd's first day at her new daycare going up. It's important that you have peace while she's there.

MamaH I agree with the others that said drink lots of water. I'm sure you'll get back down in no time. Our bodies sure can be freaky!

Hi Freaky, sorry about your computer problems.

I have an Amber too Cottage...my DD.

Well, have a great day everyone....I'm off to workout.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:22 AM   #17  
Mom to 3 Great Kids

Beach - I just went and read the weekend's thread and I wanted to tell you how sorry I am about your husband's diagnosis. They have so many new chemo drugs out there now combined with radiation, things have a chance of really shrinking, even going away. My mom lived for many years with cancer and they keep finding advancements in treatments all the time.

Take care!

Tyra
Old 03-13-2006, 10:26 AM   #18  
Lovin' Life!

beach bum, I also just read about your DH and I'm so sorry to hear of his diagnosis. I pray for his complete healing.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:27 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 198/184.5/125

Smile

Good morning ladies!

Cottage - Enjoy the party. on the weight loss!
MamaHulk and 3darlingsmomma -
Kiko - Prayers for your daughter. I'll be sending good daycare vibes your way.
Debbie - Your day sounds wonderful. Enjoy!
Sarah - Glad you had a great weekend. s for your friend!
Sunlit - on the weightloss!! Take yourself shopping and enjoy!
Jana - Glad you escaped without any damage. We didn't have any damage either - but I heard that the Danforth Chapel (where I married DH) was nearly destroyed. I'm desperately seeking pictures.

I had a great OP weekend. The races were awesome. The weather couldn't have been any better. DH was a sweety. DD had a great time at Grandmas! I made a chicken wrap with a WW tortilla - every else was eating brats - but kept asking what I was having. They were jealous of my diet food! I made wine spritzers and they were wonderful - just a little dab of the wine in the Diet 7up was wonderful! Thanks for the great ideas chickies. I'm down one more lb this week - did I mention I LOVE SB? Now today it's cold and dreary! It's back to work.

Have a great day chickies!
Old 03-13-2006, 10:34 AM   #20  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Default New to board

... but everyone seems so friendly and supportive. I am not able to address everyone yet( but hope to soon). Today is my first day OP, and I need to do this becuase of the vanity factor but also my BP is up to 148/89 and I am only 35. My family history of heart disease is scary , and I refuse to be the next in line. I'm going to need to work hard and I need to do this for me and my family. Look forward to posting with all of you.
Yours in beaching,
Old 03-13-2006, 10:47 AM   #21  
Just do it!

good morning everyone!
Hope you all had a great weekend and are ready to focus this week!
I am so in need of some positive re-enforcement this week! ARRGGHH! Sat and Sun were not good eating days for me, so back on I go today!
I just hate how I feel after I do that! WHY do we do that to ourselves?

Well, I don't have time for personals, but I hear that there is a tornado watch going on over in ARKANSAS so if there are any of you over there, be careful, stay safe!

Need to run, LAUNDRY beckons! TTFN, RED

WELCOME, Shannon
Old 03-13-2006, 10:51 AM   #22  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning Ladies,

Not much to report, The sick thing and sleep is about all I did over the weekend. Yesterday though it seemed I couldnt get enough to eat, Stayed OP just ate ALOT of OP food,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, that is not good ,, right?

Last edited by MsCrockett; 03-13-2006 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:06 AM   #23  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Morning ladies!

It's a beautiful morning here in FL and it's spring break, so the campus is deserted! I was actually able to get a good parking spot for once. I had a bit of a crummy weekend, foodwise, ( pizza is the DEVIL! Argggh ) and I'm up two pounds to show for it...but I will recover in no time! I did have a chance to go to the dog beach on Sunday morning and visit with some friends I hadn't seen in a while.

Beachbum ~ I am so sorry to hear about your DH's diagnosis You both will be in my prayers.

Cottage ~ Happy birthday to Audrey! I'm sure she will have a fun party, good weather or not. :

Ruth ~ I'm glad that you had fun on your mini-vacay!

Kiko ~ I'm glad your daughter's baptism was a positive experience. I love seeing baptisms - so inspiring and they always renew my own faith. I'll say a prayer that her new daycare is better for her.

Debbie ~ Enjoy your scrapbooking! I love to do that but have been pitifully short of time lately.

Sarahslacker ~ Glad that you had fun camping. I know what you mean about weekends - I always seem to find a million excuses to eat off program Friday through Sunday.

SunLit ~ Congrats on the losses!

3darlingsmomma ~ I am always amazed at how icky I feel when I eat off program. Good luck to you - I'm sure you'll get on track with the food and walking in no time!

Muffin ~ Good job avoiding the Fritos! I would have been So tempted. And if it had been Cheetos, oh boy...I would have eaten the whole bag!!

ckb ~ I love it when people are jealous of my diet food! It's kind of funny (good) that I crave healthy stuff rather than the Burger King/Wendy's/Taco Bell I would always eat on the run. I am glad you're loving South Beach! Oh - and I just have to say, you have the BEST avatar. DH and I are huge W&G fans!

ScrappinRN ~ Best of luck to you! This is a supportive group of people, so you're in good company!

Freaky, mamahulk, Schatzi, JanaM, KellyJ, Soon2BeFab, YesICan, MrsCrockett ~ Hi! I hope you all have a great day!
Old 03-13-2006, 11:17 AM   #24  

For all you Nawthin Chicks or wherever it is still cold and dreary: skip the next line:

It has been heavenly in Nerth Caroliner fer the last week. . between 65 and 85 blue skies, light breeze. I am on All my outdoors pruning and fertilizing and grass planting are done.. now I just haveta wait till it gets to be consistently over 60 at night to plant my flowers sigh..just loverly!

"Curvey" Chicks
: YES!!! I am now one of you. They measured my fat%.. Let's just say I'm amazed that I am erect and have identifiable body parts. - I am a Human JELLY FISH! I am more determined then ever to take back control with South Beach, Calorie Counting --logging all my food and activity in Fitday, Positive thinking and EXERCISE!!!! Oh, and Soon, it is sooo much fun to people watch : and already know what my nickname will be either The "Sweater" or "Drippy" . I've always been a heavy sweater --even when in shape.. FLUSH face and just
DARIPPPPPING ! I know UGH, but what can ya do

Sorry gals, no time to respond to all of you! But I send you and :hugs: for a GREAT DAY!!!!!
I'm off to the grocery store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
Old 03-13-2006, 11:21 AM   #25  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone. Just want to let you all know that I'm ok. We had minimal damage, and so far, those we love are alive and well, even if they have damage. Springfield got rocked last night. A ton of businesses were destroyed by a tornado, homes were destroyed.... people on the radio are comparing it to Hurricane Katrina. Apparently we haven't had a storm like that in 50 years.

Debbie, we did lose power. Fortunately, where we live, we got turned on right away, so we were out from 8pm-2:20am. My parents didn't get turned back on until 5:30am. As of 8am, the west end of Springfield (which took the hardest hit) still did not have power. Let us know that you're ok. I just spoke with Abdul and he hadn't even heard anything about the damage here and said he's fine in Indy. The place Abdul took me to lunch in Springfield on Saturday was one of the many that got the roof ripped off.

The mayor doesn't want people going anywhere today if they don't have to. After the first wave of storms went through, I called my boss last night to see if we'd have school. He called at 5:30 to let me know that we're not having it and not even to bother coming in. I guess parts of the west end of town are unrecognizable. There's a lot of devastation.

I laid awake listening to the radio last night until about 12:30 when I finally decided to close my eyes.... an hour and a half later, the 2nd wave came through. I grabbed Terry and hauled him into the bathtub again. Shortly after that, we regained power, and the 2nd wave was over so we went to the TV. The 3rd wave just barely clipped the southern tip of town so once I saw it go by on the radar, I went to bed about 4am. Then my boss called at 5:30. Then Terry got up at 7. Then his mom called at 8. Then my mom called at 9. I'm up! I'm up already!

Just a very tiring and nerve-wracking night. Miraculously the reports say we only have 19 people with minor injuries and 1 person still missing. With all the damage we took, it truly was God keeping an eye on his children. Hope everyone else in the path of these storms is taking cover and ok. Talk to you all soon.

Lisa
Old 03-13-2006, 11:25 AM   #26  
Mom to 3 Great Kids

Weezle - Glad to hear you're ok! Take care!

Tyra
Old 03-13-2006, 11:56 AM   #27  

There is no way I have time to reply to everyone before my meeting so let see if I have time to do a few.

kiko - Good luck with the new daycare! It is such an important decision. Sounds like the baptism was beautiful. Brian is finally getting baptised at the Easter Vigil (along with his First Communion and Confirmation) and I am so looking forward to it.

Sunlit - You might check out garage sales when you are in those in between sizes. I hated to spend too much money but eventually you do have to get smaller clothes (I went from a 20 to an 8/10) and garage sales help quite a bit.

beach bum - I'm praying for your DH.

weezle - Glad to hear you are okay.

Me - We had beautiful weather but a cold front has gone through and today is chillier. Hopefully they will be able to get the fires in the Texas panhandle under control. Over a half million acres burned yesterday. Kiko and I are far from it but I could smell the smoke this morning. I had a great weekend. I spent time on Saturday checking out supplies to Scout camp and planning for what we will teach. Brian and his DH were at a Train show in Ft. Worth this weekend with their train club. I guess one day of running the trains was enough for Brian though since he stayed home with me yesterday so he could volunteer at the animal shelter.

I stayed OP this weekend but still didn't do as well as I should. I'm up a bit this morning but then again, TOM is here so that could have something to do with it. At least I kept my water up.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:22 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 196/187/160

Morning Everyone,

I joined the forum last week Wednesday (I believe), so I will try to post daily from now on.

I stepped on the scale this morning and discovered that I've dropped another 2 pounds! Yay!! Only 29 more to go to reach my goal weight. So despite the dreary, foggy weather outside, and trying to get rid of this nasty cold, the scale gave me a nice jump start to the day!

I must say, I love this diet - I'm never hungry and I'm seeing results. What a great feeling!

Okay, I'm sure the internet police are patroling, so I'm going to get back to work.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:35 PM   #29  
GARDENING ADDICT

Just a quick post~~

BB~sent you a PM . My prayers are with you and your DH

Ruth~~Glad you were able to let loose last weekend.

Lisa~~So happy to hear that you and your family are safe.

to Dare2love and ScrappingRN.

Schatz~ "All my outdoors pruning and fertilizing and grass planting are done.. now I just haveta wait till it gets to be consistently over 60 at night to plant my flowers sigh..just loverly! "
I'll bet you couldn't have done that in Joysee!!

To all the beach chicks ~~ have a great day.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:42 PM   #30  

I'm back. My internet has been down for almost a week, and Sprint has finally gotten around to fixing it. I've been eating well, not exercising enough and consequently not losing any weight. My husband and I have decided to start exercising together after he gets home from work. I'm hoping that'll start to form a healthy habit and that I can keep it up after he deploys. Well, I'm off to the grocery store. Have a great day!
Closed Thread