South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-07-2006, 09:38 PM   #1  
Pirate

Default Hi, I'm new!

Umm, I looked for a thread to throw an introduction into but I might be overlooking it.. If so, very sorry! Anyway--

Hi,
My name is Li and I am looking to join South Beach! I plan on starting this weekend and I want to lose 15 pounds by June 1st (graduation!). I have tried SB several times before, one time I made it a whole 6 days (heh, I know.. no willpower!). This time, I want to look good for myself and my graduation plans.
I am 24 and an English Literature and Japanese Language major with a minor in High School education. I have been overweight my whole life, well, since 6th grade anyway, but it really got bad about 2 years ago, when I moved back from Japan and started eating out all the time at fast food joints. I gained 30 pounds and I really feel lousy. I keep saying I'm going to get on track but them "I am always so busy" or "I'll start tomorrow" or "Hey, I wonder if these $50 pills work?!" always gets in the way. So, this weekend, I plan on doing it for real.
I found this site by accident and I love it! I hope I can get to know all of you and make some friends. Take care!
Geekchicalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 10:19 PM   #2  

Thumbs up Hi Geek Chica

I know that it is very hard to stick to a plan but there are many rewards for doing so.

I too have a hard time resisting tempation, so what I do is eliminate it. I cook only for myself, so I got rid of all the food that was off limits and got lots of food that I can eat with the SB plan.

Another thing I do is make sure I eat all that I am allowed and NEVER wait until I am starving to have the next meal. During that first phase it is VERY important to have your snacks.

Also the most important thing I have learned with SB is that lean protein is my friend.

Good luck.
jrnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:07 AM   #3  
gotta lose it!

Welcome Li!!!!!
soon2Bfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:49 AM   #4  
Just do it!

Thumbs up

Welcome Li!

Hang in there! That is a good goal for your weight loss! South beach for me has been wonderful! I have found my niche!

You can do it!

TTFN, RED
Yesican2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 08:44 AM   #5  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hi, Li! What part of Japan did you live in? My family lived in Kyoto and I went to boarding school in Nara when I was a teenager. My dad and one of my brothers live over there now in Tokyo.

Welcmoe to 3FC, you'll love it here.
pearshape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 198/184.5/125

Smile Welcome Li

Hello Li. Welcome to the beach.

With all of the wonderful support here - I know you can do it!

I'm having to cook for 3 (myself, DH and DD). I prepare lots of soups/chili's on the weekend that can freeze, cut up slices of cheese and bag nuts. That way I already have lunches ready to go! I'm a fast food adict - but when I can grab a tub of lunch in the morning it's super easy. It's all about planning ahead. At dinner time, I cook lots of chicken breast tenders with veggies - the left over chicken is a wonderful snack. (eaten cold - I can pretend it's cold friend chicken)

These ladies here are full of great advice, support and motivation. Glad you found us!
ckb1432003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:13 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

top 3FC and to The Beach! There is a bio thread at the top if you want to copy your info into it.
Please explore this whole South Beach Forum and join in the Daily or the Phase I start threads. This is a good group of smart, funny and very human Chicks!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:35 AM   #8  
Bird Nerd

Welcome! Believe me - the first week is the hardest - if you can get past that it will be so much easier. I was tempted to give up during the first week but I made a committement to give it my all for 2 weeks and it was worth it. I feel great. Good luck and congrats on getting healthy and hot for graduation!
wildlifebio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:14 AM   #9  

Li! We look forward ta gettin ta know ya!!!
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:43 PM   #10  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

I'm glad you're here!
Demeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:05 PM   #11  
Pirate

Wow! Thanks for all the welcomes and support. It makes me feel excited about getting started.

Pear, I lived right near Harajuku Station. Which was fun in that it was always busy and not so fun..in that it was always busy. And packed full of shoppers and teenagers, haha. But I loved it, I love noise and action. I want to move back but until I find a job, I need to stay around here.

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies! I look forward losing with you!
Geekchicalways is offline   Reply With Quote