South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 03:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 163/150/129

Hi Chicks,
Happy weekend! Mine is actually going to be quite short b/c I worked 12 hour shifts w,th,and f nights and going in for another on Sunday. BUT even with this I did pretty well with staying OP. A little less veggies than I should have, but I bought a dozen Dunkin Donuts on the way home from work this morning (WHY I do not know) and even though they smelled great in the car I had NONE.

Exercise-no, except my regular running around at work.

Ruth- Let us know how the silicone pans work! I bought a silicone spatula (the scraper kind) and really like it.

Freaky
- "Sleeping in" till 8 am--it brings back the days of when my kids were small! It sounds as if you enjoy being a mom so much. Sometimes it's hard to see the forest for the trees when the kids are young, you seem to do a great job with this.

Beach-Congrats on the weight loss

Love reading from all you chicks!
Old 03-04-2006, 03:59 PM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Maureennn and Kiko, the silicone muffin pans work like a dream. I did not use 12 as the book suggests - I just poured the mix into six and made single serving bigger "egg muffins".

Dreysmimi, to The Beach. I did see yourintro post in Buddy Up. Perhaps you could copy it into our Bio Sticky in this part of the Forum.

Freaky, I hope your day is as wonderful as planned.

Soon, da noive of that broad! You are at the gymn to exercise not to be canvassed for sales. "Bad form" as my Dad used to say!

Pearshape, I'd love some time in the woods about now but there's three feet of snow! I must try your quiche recipe. I have spinach in the freezer that needs to be used up.

The snow didn't amount to anything and the rest of today was just gorgeous. We even got above freezing! Our road is bare and I could go for a walk but getting to it is the problem as the lane is glare ice. I can manage in my ducky boots and Yak-Traks but they are no darn good for proper walking. Maybe next week.

Gotta go as The Girls are hollering for supper. I hope they don't leap at my throat when I go down there. Sorry I've not commented on everyone - next time.

and we need to get Weezle out of that darn job!
Old 03-04-2006, 05:54 PM   #18  
I'm In Exile

S/C/G: HUGE/HUGE/Semi-Normal

Happy Weekend Beachies

I'm on Day 13 of Phase 1 and looking forward to Phase 2, I want those strawberries and a slice of whole wheat crust pizza!!

13 days and 20 pounds gone....lots more to go but I'll get there eventually
Thanks for the support
Old 03-04-2006, 06:14 PM   #19  

Afternoon Chicks!

My mom just left a bit ago and we got through the baby's room. Changed out clothes, bagged stuff for Goodwill as well as clothes for a friend expecting a baby girl in late May.

Eating is right on track today, although we all know my issues about after dinner snacking. I am so tired today, that I plan to curl up on the couch with a People magazine after the girls go to bed.

My 4 year old is the other room just whining away. I made the mistake of giving her children's Benadryl this morning for her allergies. I was out of her Claritin. Of course, what I gave her was NOT non-drowsy, so she is sleepy and complaining. I am trying to ignore her and bite my tongue, but it is hard! Right now I am getting a list of all the things I don't let her do. Rough life she leads, eh??

Alright- time to get dinner going- pizza and salad for us girls tonight.

Later gators!
Old 03-05-2006, 03:30 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 163/150/129

Countess,

Congratulations! You are just about done with Phase I. I laughed when I read your post because when I finished Phase I the two things I added the first day were fresh strawberries and whole wheat crust pizza.

Enjoy your meal!
Old 03-05-2006, 07:28 AM   #21  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

STRAWBERRIES! What a coincidence! I just logged on after having a feast of fresh strawberries. They are pretty darn good although not the same as the ones I'll be picking at the end of June.

It's a gorgeous day today - all blue and white! I have Church in an hour and will take Lucy. She needs it! The rest of the day will be mainly sewing and painting. I have my class tomorrow afternoon and haven't lifted a paintbrush for two weeks!

What's on your agenda (or non-agenda) for today
Old 03-05-2006, 07:38 AM   #22  

Good morning!!

Coffee is on and I am attempting a bit of quiet time to myself. I don't like it that is has to occur on a weekend morning when I could be sleeping in a bit! But- the idea of 30 minutes to myself is quite appealing!

Countess WTG on making it through Phase 1. 20 pounds gone as well- that is fantastic!!

Maur Hope your day at work goes well- stay away from the donuts!!

Ruthie Good morning, good morning! Sounds like a relaxing day for you. You deserve it! I don't teach Sunday school this month, so we will go to the 11:00 service this morning. It should make for a more relaxed morning around here.

Agenda for the day.... laundry, of course! DH is actually off today and tomorrow, which is going to be awesome. Someone else had mentioned that their husband was in the restaurant industry. Man- is the schedule not conducive to family life! All of my DH's days off are typcially during the week, which is when I am at work. It hasn't been easy, but fortunately my mom lives close and it a savior!!

Alright- need to grab that coffee. Things remain quiet around here- maybe I am getting a few minutes.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:39 AM   #23  

HA! I typed too soon! My 4 year old just walked into the room and the baby is babbling her crib. How do they know I am up??????????
Old 03-05-2006, 09:23 AM   #24  
Saved by the Grace of God

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5'6"

Exclamation Am I losing too fast?

Hi everyone!

I just got back from my 3 day trip and must say I'm proud of how I did. I wasn't perfect (it's hard to be perfect when you eat out all the time). But overall, I stuck with the plan.

I stepped on the scale this morning (first time since starting the diet) and I've lost 8 pounds! (in 3 days!?!) Is this too fast? Or am I just really lucky? Let's hope it's the latter.

By the way, Linton is about 45 minutes West of Bloomington. A big hello to all my fellow Hoosiers!

Well, time to get ready for church.

Toodles for now,
Christine
Old 03-05-2006, 09:40 AM   #25  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning Ladies,

Hope everyone is well today, I am still OP been a day less than a month now.. Started 06 Feb.,... and have lost 18 lbs all together..

Take Care All you Weekenders.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:37 AM   #26  
gotta lose it!

Morning all.....sipping coffee TRYING to enjoy my day. Work called this morning - grr! It was the gal that talks about herself in the third person - what a wonderful thing to wake up to. I have NO plans for today - hurray!
I can't wait!!! Have a great OP day!
Old 03-05-2006, 11:01 AM   #27  

Hey everyone --

I told you that I would check in once in a while...I am still OP and LOSING! I guess that it took having my weight finally affect my health to shake me up and get me back on track.

Actually, I have been lurking on the daily threads and you are all an inspiration to me. I am gearing up for a busy week -- taking a short term mediation class that will consume three nights this week. Figuring out how to do dinner before 10PM will be a challenge since I work all day and the class is 6-9.

My partner, who always used to be one of those "I can eat anything and not gain weight" people now has a weight problem and is doing SBD with me, though not as religiously. That is helpful because our planned meals are now very much on track.

So, given my schedule next week, I won't be checking in but just wanted to quickly say "hi" to everyone.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:06 AM   #28  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

Soon, that 3rd person work lady cracks me up!! did she call and say "her name is calling because..."??? nice to be awoken on a Sunday by dorks...

and hey thanks for sharing your body fat post, god it's amazing how high those numbers can get...I jsut think what if I had it checked back in Jan before losing 13lbs....
Old 03-05-2006, 11:59 AM   #29  
I'm In Exile

S/C/G: HUGE/HUGE/Semi-Normal

Maureennn we must be soul sisters

Ruth I live in Florida and its Strawberry season, I get fresh picked from roadside stands and they are best if you bring them home and eat them that day, once they are refrigerated, they just aren't as sweet. I wonder how many I can safely eat tomorrow

MsCrocket WTG on the 18 pounds lost!!

HoosierMom don't worry about losing too fast at first, it will slow down, at first you lose a lot of water weight

Kiko sounds like you've had a busy time cleaning, you deserve the rest and chill time

dreysmimi I'm new too, hope you post more often now that you are home

I'm sure I missed a lot of people, but I'm still getting the hang of this
Old 03-05-2006, 12:09 PM   #30  

Default Hi everyone

What a crazy day. I think I am doing something wrong. everyone here is loosing a lot faster then me. Of well too busy today to worry about it. Maybe tomorrow as long as I keep eating healthy and I exercise everyday.
My kids are goign crazy today, naughty. I wanted to take them to the movies but I have to work againa nd no one wants to go on call w me. grrr. WEll have to run will chat soon.
Closed Thread