South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 11:53 AM   #1  
South Beach Newbie

S/C/G: 160/148/125

Question Is this Normal? (3rd week of SB)

I'm a newbie to the forum, although I've been lurking for a few months...

I am on week 3 (or maybe 4???) and I am just wondering how normal it is to hit a plateau. I started out at 160, and quickly lost about 12 lbs on Phase 1. Since then, I really haven't been losing at all, but I haven't been gaining, which is just fine with me.

So, how many of you went through a stall in weight loss? I read a few posts about it, and it seems like the general advice is to drink more water and eat more veggies. I will for sure start doing that because I never have drank enough, but I feel like I eat veggies all day long!

Also, for those of you who did go through a stall, how long did it last? I'm starting to get a little frustrated and those "Crunchwrap Supreme" commertials from Taco Bell are starting to get to me! LOL

Thanks so much! I look forward to posting more on the forum!
Old 03-03-2006, 12:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

OMG! I TOTALLY know what you mean about the Taco Bell commercial. Every time it comes on I'm like "that look SO GOOD!" We've got to stay strong though because even if we weren't on SB, that fast food stuff just ain't good for us!

I kind of hit a plateau but that was because I wasn't being as strict as I could have been and binged a couple of times so I don't know if that really counts.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:13 PM   #3  

Plateaus are very normal in phase 2. I think I had one last several months before when I was early in phase 2. You might need to increase your exercise, shake up the food you eat, eat more veggies or drink more water. If you want to post a day or two's worth of eating then we can take a look. It can also take a lot longer to lose when you don't have a whole lot that you need to lose and that is probably your case if you are around 148.

You could also post your food in fitday.com to get a check at how much you are eating. You need to eat enough not to have your body think it is starving but not too much.
Closed Thread