Hi Everyone . . . I'm Back

• Yes, hello to everyone. It is good to see so many of you still here and still pluggin' along...Beachgal, Mamacita and our dear Ruth as well as so many others.

This time is different. I have come here before because I wanted to lose weight. I would have periods of time when I would stay on track and lose, punctuated by times when I just said "forget it. I am just going to be fat and accept my weight".

I just turned 50 last December. Along with the birthday wishes, I received the following: high blood pressure, diabetes and arthritis in both shoulders. Suddenly this is about something more serious than just being fat. I also know that being overweight affects all of these conditions. And, of course, the best eating program, particularly to maintain level blood sugars and lower cholesterol, is SBD.

I probably won't be posting daily as I need some extra time in the AM now to plan my meals and do my exercise bike. However, I want to tell you all how much your stories and posts inspire me. This is by far the best "support group" for weight loss that I have ever found.

Thank you all.
  • Welcome Back
    Welcome Back SoCal

You have just the right attitude! It's so hard to get hung up on the weight - I think that's why I have failed so many times in the past. It's about so much more though!

I'm on SBD to:

1. wake up in the morning and feel gggrrrreeeeaaaattt
    2. be able to keep up with my daughter
    3. bend over and touch my toes
    4. bring down my cholesterol
    5. fall in love with my 2 story house - and not dread the stairs
    6. prove to myself that i can do it
    7. put myself first

Good luck and welcome back. It's a long journey - but once we get there it will be amazing.
  • Welcome back SoCal
  • Welcome back, SoCal. This has sure helped my blood pressure.
  • back, SoCal. I'm happy to see there's someone else here from the "left coast".