3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Tuesday's Tell All (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/76769-tuesdays-tell-all.html)

freaky 02-21-2006 04:29 AM

Tuesday's Tell All

Morning Chicks,

Well back to work :mad: which at least means back to some sort of scheduled day :p which at least usually means better eating habits for me ;)

It's going to be a long day. I have mandatory car seat training. This is where we sit half the day and hear a lecture about proper car seat installment and then we practice putting in car seats the other half of the day. Never you mind that I have one in my car and have been doing this for almost six years :dizzy: and since I started this job I haven't even once had to put a car seat in a vehicle as part of my job. Oh Well!!!

I am now drinking my "get up and go" coffee and reciting repetedly "I will be in control of what I put in my mouth today and every day there after". Not going near a scale for at least two or three days after my poor choices and down right scary choices this weekend.

See ya all on the beach later!!!!:cool:

Schatzi 02-21-2006 05:43 AM

Rise n Shine!!!!!! :flow1:

Mornin there Freaky girl-- our earliest of early birds! wow, that training sounds B O R I N G ...snorefest...

Speaking of snoring... DH is home :dance: and it was sooo good to have him snoring and snarfling next to me all night..

Waiting for the sun to rise here... will be heading out to the craft stores to check out some flower boxes for the railing...SPRING CANT GIT SOON ENOUGH!!!!

Time fer cawfee and my crossword puzzle!

Mamacita 02-21-2006 06:04 AM

Good morning, Chicklets~~:coffee:

Haven't had my cawffeee, yet, Schatzi...still need to summon up enough energy to make it. :lol: Right now, we are a one car family and I hate it. This means if I need the car (which I do today), I have to get up and take hubby to meet up with his work partner. Blah!!

Freaky, you need to make a suggestion about getting "car seat certified". That way you can wave your little certificate and get excused from class. Talk about a world class time waster! Sheesh!! Do they think you have nothing better to do with your time??? :mad:

Okay, off to stumble downstairs....

freaky 02-21-2006 06:17 AM

Hello Schatzi and Mamacita,

I just finished my exercise and I began feeling like I was going to throw ip towards the end of the weight training and I still feel that way. Either I am getting sick or I am having some strange reaction to exercising today. I suddenly feel like curling back up in my bed. This is not like me at all. Anyone else get sick while exercising?

cottagebythesea 02-21-2006 06:31 AM

Freaky, that has happened to me once or twice, but it usually passes quickly. Sit down for a while, and if you still feel ill, call off from work and take it easy. I hope you're not coming down with something.

Schatzi, I'd love to be doing what you're doing today. I can't wait to start playing in the dirt again, and your flower garden plans sound lovely.

Mamacita, isn't it a shame that we're such a 2-car society these days? I would be totally at a loss without mine!

Right after Curves this morning, I have an appt at a new hair salon to have my hair cut and colored. I've heard good things about this new place, so I hope they live up to my expectations. They're just up the block from my house, so that's handy. I told them I have to be done by 11, so they are opening 1/2 hour early for me!

JanaM 02-21-2006 06:41 AM

Mornin' all.

Freaky, hope you feel better quick - wouldn't want to miss that exciting class. ;) Mamacita, I like your suggestion about the certification. :lol:

Schatzi - I'm anxious for spring to get here too. I need to spend more time outside this year. Hoping to work on my landscaping a bit.

Cottage - Enjoy your beauty day!!!!

I ended up taking a 1/2 day off work yesterday afternoon because we weren't very busy. So, we'll see what awaits me today. I've got a "thrilling" evening ahead of me. Time to get the taxes done. Oh well, it's a necessary evil. At least I'll be getting a refund.

Have a great day!

Kiko 02-21-2006 06:50 AM

Good morning Schatzi, Mama, Freaky, and Cottage!Here's to a wonderfully OP day to all! :spin:

Freaky I think you DEFINITELY need to take the day off. Tell them Dr. Kiko said so!

Cottage Ahhh.. a cut and color! That always feels so wonderful. :) I am sure you will look like a babe! :goodvibes

Schatzi Gotta love those snoring and snarfing hubbies. You crack me up!

Mama Hope it isn't too cold where you are as you venture out this morning.

Me- Weigh in was this morning and I am thrilled to have maintained. Apparently these last two days of working the program helped me out. I have 3 pounds to go to make my February goal and don't see that happening in a week. I will be happy to just still be in the downward direction... :goodscale

I am having a string of "life is good" days. You know what I mean? I am fortuanate to not battle depression or anything like that, but I can get stressed, caought up in work, and down in the dumps. I have just had several good days- with my kids, work, my husband, and have been focusing on **me** and what I need as well. Just feeling overall good about life. Now- if that mystery million dollar check would just show up in my mailbox today I would be set!!

:dust:
Wishing everyone lots of will power today!!

As you can tell by my chatty self- I only have one kiddo to get out of the house this morning. I seem to always run later on those days b/c I get to check in here early.

Adios!!

MsCrockett 02-21-2006 07:05 AM

Goooooooood Morrrrrrrrrning room,

Man this is some early peeps, here................ I see everyone is doing well,

Freaky~ good to see you up an at em..... I though about putting you on a milk carton yesterday,, I am used to u starten the day off,, thought you were MIA>

Hope everyone has a great day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,

mamahulk 02-21-2006 07:18 AM

Good Morning Ladies

Freaky- Hope you feel better soon. But if you had tomiss today that would not be the worst thing. Smarty pants is missing it today because he has court- whatever.
I agree with the certified thins. I have 3 kids in car seats and have fro almost 7 years- this training is insane and an insult to parents who care about thier kids safety. I have not had to put a child in a car seat either for almost a year at this job. SO I am not happy either.

DVD player couldn't work again, kids lost remote yesterday. SO I did my air glider this morning. I gained 2 lbs this week. SO it is time to step it up. Don't think I will make my goal by March 2nd but will die trying!!!!

Don't think I am motivated as much as I should be. ANy suggestions how I can push myself harder?

WEll time to Shower, have a great day everyone.

Ruthxxx 02-21-2006 07:20 AM

:lol: at MsCrockett and the milk carton crack!

It seems I'm always just dashing in and out of the henhouse these days. Hershey is to blame because I'm sleeping "late". I think I miss having company in the bed because I'm sleeping right through since she started joining me. That will have to stop when Lucy gets home but, in the meantime,......

No time to comment on EveryChick because I'm due at my periodontist for a recheck at 8:30 and it's a 90 minute drive. I need to do two month's worth of flossing before I go!

Catch y'all later!

Debbie0522 02-21-2006 07:38 AM

Good MOrning everyone. I am still pretty new around here and haven't checked in yet this week. I ate bad on Friday nite. I ate chinese food w/the fried rice and then later that night caved into a bowl of chocolate ice cream. The next day I thought, Next time I'm not caving unless it is Bryers or Ritters frozen custard! IT wasn't worth it.
Anyway, right back on plan but the scale just won't budge downward. I'm disappointed!!! Except for that Ice Cream I'm eating NO SUGAR. How could I NOT be losing??? The only thing I can think of is over doing it on the Mixed Nuts which I LOVE and when I'm hungry, I eat them. I guess I could try skip;ping the nuts for a few days.
It is VERY cold here in Indiana!! I can't wait for spring!!

pearshape 02-21-2006 08:17 AM

Good morning, ladies. I woke up later than I wanted to but the good news is that I rechecked an assignment that I thought was due today and it's not due until thursday. Cool. So this morning I'll catch up on reading and spend some cuddle time with my furbabies while doing so. yesterday's eating was a little better but I found these chinese noodles in my freezer and made them with some chicken and broccoli. It was yum but the noodles were not OP. Why didn't I just use some ww pasta?? It would've been just as good and OP. I'm an idiot! Oh well, I have my meals planned out for today and am goona stick to 1250 calories. Bfast is steel cut oats, lunch is thai shrimp soup and a veggie, and dinner is chickpea ww pasta w/ summer squash and mushrooms.

You all are gonna think I'm crazy but I added another furbaby to the family. HIs name is Thodore and he's 5 weeks old..he weighs 2 oz. He's adorable and is the sweetest kissiest baby already. He was about to be sold as the f-word but I convinced the guy to buy humanely killed frozen food instead. What a special gem I got out of this, he's been kissy and bruxy (a rat's purr) eversince I brought him home. He's in my avatar!

Have a fabulous day! I'm wishing willpower dust on everyone....please send some my way too, ladies! :)

usmchoney 02-21-2006 08:23 AM

Good morning everybody. I mananged to stay OP yesterday, so I'm really happy about that. Unfortunately, I pulled something in my back while trying to pick up my oldest and have been in excruciating pain ever since. Today, I'll be taking it easy. I just hope this passes quickly; I have way too much to do to be lying down all day.

Debbie: I'd give it a few more days. Your slip-up was only a few days ago. I have to admit that I'm a slave to my scale. A pound or two the wrong way and I'd feel defeated. This weekend I've decided to remove it from the bathroom and bury it in the back of my hall closet. I'm hoping that it'll be less of a distraction now.

mamahulk: 16 lbs is nothing to sneeze at. I think your doctor will be very happy. Maybe losing another 8 lbs before March 2 isn't realistic. Just keep up the good work and let things happen.

Freaky: Sounds like a...um...interesting day. I wouldn't be able to concentrate on such a dry subject. My mind would be wandering all over the place.

Cottage: I love getting my hair done. It always makes me feel good. Have fun!

Schatzi: Boy, do I here you about Spring. How can it go to nearly 70 degrees to bone-chilling cold? I can't wait for it to warm up and stay that way.

Have a great day everybody!

2BFIT1 02-21-2006 08:27 AM

Good morning chickies :wave:
Debbie~~Good to see you posting. Your progress might be stalled by too much sodium/salt. It looks like you had alot with the nuts and chinese food. This week try to limit your salt intake and increase your water intake. This will help to flush out the water retension.

Freaky~~I second the idea of you staying home today:judge:

Ruth~~I have a dental cleaning today, too. Flossing as I type.

Today was my weigh-in and i am down 1 pound. I have 1 more to go to meet Feb. goal. I just might make it.

kyemom 02-21-2006 09:05 AM

Morning girls! I tried something new this morning...I ate salad for breakfast. It wa so good, and actually made me want to drink water...which is very hard for me to do in the morning.
Pear- Love ya, but OMG another rat??? People think I am crazy with my dogs :)
Ruth- Why don't u just let both of them cuddle up in the bed with you?
Schatzi- I wish it were spring here too..I hate cold
Kiko- you DD is so cute
2B- Great Job
Freaky & USM- get some rest
Debbie- Welcome!!
Ms Crockett- I love you avatar
MamaHUlk- Maybe you can play hookie today too!!
Everyone else-Hi
We have decided to stay in the same house and put on 2 additions..I can't wait!!! I went up to the gym here at my job (have not been visiting there...bad girl) Anyway, there is a bunch of new equipment. I am so excited. Starting back to a program tomorrow with a coworker...give me so support here!!!!