South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-20-2006, 06:26 AM   #1  

Default Suggestions, please...

I have one more week to go on phase 1 and then I plan to enter phase 2 S-L-O-W-L-Y! As in, phase 1 eating with a few p2 foods thrown in, specifically carrots and fresh fruit.
My question is, I took a new job as an outside salesperson and I will be out and about most of the day. Lunch is easy: chef or chicken ceasar salad, no croutons, no cheese, oil & vinegar dressing. Then on p2 I can take an apple for dessert.
But portable snacks? And I'm in northwest Florida - soon it will get hot and things left in the car won't always do so well.
Ideas?
garybearsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:21 AM   #2  

Get one of those lunch box things and put an ice pack in it. I use that to bring my lunch and snacks to work and it keeps stuff cold all day. I like raw veggies such as zucchini, red peppers and cauliflower for snacks as well as yogurt. Others eat cheese sticks. You may just need a bigger icepack if you are going to be out for awhile. Make sure your lunch box insulates well. Mine does great when I use it in Texas even during summer camp.
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:56 AM   #3  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Nuts do not have to stay cold, SB breakfast bars/snack packs might be good.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:18 AM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Barb is awesome about this stuff!

Fruit is a great portable snack. I love popable veggies like carrot sticks and grape tomatoes. Like Barb said, invest in a small cooler and keep it in the car.

Soy nuts are good, as are other nuts (just keep to a serving!)

Cheese sticks are very portable and easy to grab.

Natural pB is even better in the heat (easier to spread!) and you can bring Triscuits or other SBD safe crackers (pita, WW mini bagel, etc.) to spread it on.

It's awesome that you're planning ahead, hon!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote