3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   SBD Friendly Dining Out? What's your fave? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/76559-sbd-friendly-dining-out-whats-your-fave.html)

texasheathers 02-18-2006 11:05 PM

SBD Friendly Dining Out? What's your fave?

Hey! Where is everyone's favorite place to go out to eat that they can order SBD friendly foods??

I'm asking because I have trouble with this but - tonight we went to Pei Wei and I ordered the lettuce wraps and hubby got Mongolian Beef with brown rice and we shared. Plus - Edamame for Marshall Bean - which he LOVES and Honey Chicken and brown rice for Hayden - which he will eat because he gets to use the kid friendly chopsticks. I swear I could have eaten another whole plate of those lettuce wraps and I did not even know I liked those until tonight!! They were soooo good. So, I think that is going to be our weekend haunt for a while. We have tried to cut eating out down to once a week - and right now all I can think of is next weekend and more lettuce wraps. Tonight - they opened a Panera Bread RIGHT near us - so we will have to try that out - I noticed they had a lot of SBD friendly choices in the Dining Guide.

Oh - while we were at Pei Wei - Marshall - who is a year old - got a hold of a chopstick and was dipping it in his rice that we shared with him from Hayden's honey and brown rice chicken bowl - and he figured out the sticky rice would stick to the chopstick and then he could eat his with chopsticks too - LOL - it was pretty cute.

Anyway - so back to the original question - where do you guys like to eat out and stick to the SBD plan?

Heather

LucyGoosy 02-19-2006 12:56 AM

Believe it or not Cracker Barrel has low carb selections on their menu. Of course they also have a lot of not so low carb stuff too. But their grilled chicken tenders are good, and they have some good veggies. But it is hard to stay away from the biscuits and cornbread.

But the one that I really crave at times is Chipotle. You can get a bowl instead of a wrap, and you get to choose what goes in it. Lettuce, black beans, chicken, salsa.

Ruby Tuesdays is good, they give you the carb counts on some of their selections and have a great salad bar. I get the white chicken chili and salad bar. They also have a low carb cheesecake my husband likes.

Lindy87 02-19-2006 07:28 AM

Applebees has a lot of Weight Watchers menu items that are also SBD friendly. It's my kids fav restaurant so we go there a lot. It keeps everyone happy.

Kiko 02-19-2006 08:40 AM

Texas Roadhouse is good too. They have an entree that is only $7.99 and comes with a small sirloin steak, and two sides. I get the baked sweet potato and a garden salad. Very yummy!

pearshape 02-19-2006 09:10 AM

TGIFriday's has lots of good choices. You can also order a chicken or fish entree pretty much anywhere and just ask for extra vegetables instead of the starchy side dish.

I also like BahaFresh and Qudoba Mexican Grill. You can get burritos in a bowl without the white flour tortilla. They are yummy!

JanaM 02-19-2006 09:27 AM

I have a hard time staying OP when I eat out, which is a problem for me. Since I'm single, eating out with friends and co-workers is a big social outlet. (Acutally, I'm going out to lunch after church today with sister & her family and some friends.) But, wherever we end up going, I just look for the item that can cause the least damage. ;)

Lucy & Lindy already mentioned Chipotle and Applebees. Love Chipotle! Went there once last week. But, I did get the chili-corn salsa... I found some not-so-bad options at 54th St. Bar & Grill, which is similar to an Applebee's or TGIFridays. They have really good steamed veggies. When we go chinese, I look for the brown rice and veggies - one of the buffets even has a salad bar. I haven't checked out all the ingredients, but I also really like the salads at Wendys - I just leave out the croutons.

The local places we go to won't help you much, but might give you some ideas. There are a couple of Mexican places that we go to that have chicken salads on their menu. Shredded lettuce, and a ton of chicken, cheese and salsa on top. It's probably more cheese than I should eat, but it is a good alternative to the other stuff on the menu.