South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 01:55 AM   #1  

Default Wacky Weekend Wonderings

My upgrade went pretty smooth and I thought I'd start up this thread and then head to bed. I've got to get up in 5 hours. Have a great weekend!
Old 02-11-2006, 05:32 AM   #2  
GARDENING ADDICT

My gosh, you're up early!!!
Getting ready to leave for work. Have a wonderful weekend Chickies
Old 02-11-2006, 07:26 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sil, Barb wasn't UP - she was STILL up! Boy, between her and H-Ko, it seems nobody sleeps on the Beach! Am I missing something? Do the cabana boys put out at midnight?

Barb, I hope you can sleep fast and have a great day today with Brian. I like the wee glimpses you give us of your life with your DS.

Sil, I am still drooling over your gardens. When would you say is the best time to see them?

The Girls and I were up around 5:30 this morning. They are back to "bed" of course now that the woodstove is cranked up and their pillows fluffed up. Yes, they are spoiled.

Busy day ahead. I have to actually go to the Dump with my recycle as Jeff is MIA this week. He may have "drink taken" as that is sometimes a problem for the lad. The Church Bulletin is written and printed but needs to be collated, I must make a curried chicken dish for the Hawaiian party tonight, figure out something festive to wear besides my paper lei and get started on my 4"x6" self portrait. We were supposed to do the latter in class but I will miss the first half on Monday so have permission to paint for 90 minutes.

The wallpaper in the guest room looks great this morning! It's amazing how things smooth out overnight. Now I need to figure out where to put the border. I don't know the rules for middle of the wall stuff and am assuming it should go where a chair rail would be. AnyChick know? I also need to figure out some major thank you for Claire for all her work.

Gotta get cracking. I wouldn't want to miss the Dump Opening at 8! (I lead such an exciting life!)
Old 02-11-2006, 07:50 AM   #4  

Good Morning Ruth and Barb!

I am up early for a Saturday, but my quiet time doesn't come often. I also fell asleep pretty early, so got plenty of sleep last night.

Barb Stay warm! I just went out to my car to grab a coffee mug and it is SO cold!! (Okay Ruth- maybe not 1 degree, but for us Texans it is frigid!!)

Odds and ends this weekend for us. DD is having a friend over for lunch and play. Hopefully they will have fun without too much squabbling- you can just never predict these 4 year olds! I am cooking dinner at my mom's tonight and am trying a new Cooking Light recipe- Crunchy Shrimp with Toasted Couscous and Ginger-Orange Sauce. Doesn't that sound delish?? I don't think it would be SBD legal as the shrimp are breaded with panko- a japanese breadcrumb. Since I am counting WW points, it works for me!

Tomorrow is church, and more house stuff. Fine by me as I love to be close to home on the weekends!

Hope everyone has a great day!! I am going to be OP this weekend, so I will have great things to report on my Tuesday weigh-in!
Old 02-11-2006, 08:16 AM   #5  

Rain Rain Go Away.................! It's pouring this morning!!!!

Barb: Hope you are sound asleep and the rest of your day is wonderful! :flow: Ruthie's right, love to hear about you and DS activites.. It's wonderful you are so close to him..you are making wonderful memories of his childhood for him

kiko: hmmm , that sounds LUSHIOUS!!!! I checked out the Panko crumbs ... it said whole wheat, and just 2 other ingredients.. it just might be okay for phase 2... got recheck that!

2BeFit
: Have a great day Sil

Ruth:
sounds like the guest room is coming along quite loverly... enjoy yer luau tonight. ..And watch that Knee when you do the Hula!
Old 02-11-2006, 08:53 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Beach Babe's

Schatzi, don't complain about the rain, at least your not getting snow like us.... blech~ Hey ! when ya comming up to jersey to visit?
Old 02-11-2006, 08:58 AM   #7  

Let me know what you find out about the Panko Schatzi. If this recipe is good I will post in under Phase 2. COuscous is lega, right? It seems like Laurie uses it in a lot of her recipes.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:01 AM   #8  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

whoooo hoooo-I finally entered a new decade!!!of lbs that is and it's my first real loss in phase 2(which I've been on for 2 wks). So I'm

now I leave the sick kids with dad and head off to the gym for 90 min boot camp ok i'm choking down some eggs so that I can be nice and energized and this piece of toast tate like sugar. Have I been on this beach that long? LOL it's got 5 gm fiber and only 3 gm sugar...

anywho I chat more later, so dance with me
Old 02-11-2006, 09:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Default Size 8 Jeans!

Insanity ladies... so I went to the mall yesterday to get some jeans to tide me over till I get down to where I want to be... was shopping sales everywhere, for a whim tried on a pair from Gap and the eights fit!!!! I mean they were really tight, but they looked really good and I wore them out last night... They'll be a great measure for how much I'm losing as they get looser, but YAAAY! Off to the gym before I wake my slumbering BF and move his pillow to the car so I can drive him to the beach! Have a great weekend ladies and I'll be back on Tuesday...
Old 02-11-2006, 09:03 AM   #10  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks

While Schatzi is getting rain they are predicting 10 -15" of SNOWonn Cape Cod.Dh saw the weather maps on the computer andhe thinks its going to be blown out to sea. Let hope hes right.

W-I this morning and I maintained this week ,so ticker remains the same.

Otherwise nothing new up here.

Barb & 2bfit-Hi and have a nice weekend.

Ruth-Have a fun time tonight at your Hawaiin Party.

KiKo-The kids might surprise you,and just happy play.Crossing my fingers,as I know from my DD about our grandchildren. They as good as gold when playing with others,but playing among themselves it when the trouble starts.

Schatzi-Were getting Snow like I mentioned above.Hope our power does go out,and if it does..................

Have a wonderful weekend ladies.

Hugs BB
Old 02-11-2006, 09:12 AM   #11  

Hi Kiko, can you do me a favor, list the ingredients on yours... I googled it and would ya believe I can't find an ingredient list for it!

LEENIEBEANIE!!!! You came down a few floors in the forum to visit!!! I was gonna go up to Joisey this week...but with the lightning strike we took, repairmen will be in and out all week...CRAP I really wanted to ... I miss my family and friends...and okay Porkroll too. MIL tells me you guys are gonna get slammed with a foot!

Batmom: on yer lose girliegirl!!!!

Sarah: Size 8????? That would fit one of my hamhock thighs!!!

BB: Stay Snuggled! Make a fire if ya got a fireplace, and just enjoy the day!
Old 02-11-2006, 09:33 AM   #12  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning, chicks! I had good news this morning! I'm down another pound. Yaay! I love P2. For some reason it works better for me than P1 for weightloss. I've been keeping to around 1200-1300 calories in a day but will go up today since I'm zig zaging my calories to keep my metabolism up. It's so weird how much you eat without thinking when you don't count calories. At least I do. Anyway, I'm so happy. So that's five pounds in Feb. alone.

Last night I got into a huge fight with my bf. I found out that he used the fact that I told him to just get me what he wanted and don't make V-day a huge pressure thing to say that he thought we weren't celebrating V-day this year. I'm so mad at him. He knows me better than that he just doesn't care, evidently. He's horrible for any kind of special occasion, birthdays, c'mas, v-day.

He gets me nice stuff (except for v-day) but nothing is his own idea. He makes me give him a list. I'm a huge holiday person and get really into them but if I wasn't like that I know he couldn't care less about holidays and would do absolutely nothing. And here on every single one i've gone all out for him. Well, no more! I'm done. Whats the point of getting something from him when he just did it cause he felt obligated? And then he brought up "So, nothing I've ever gotten you means anything to you". What a load of s**t! He's always tries to deflect the issue and make me feel bad. Not gonna work this time. I'm so mad at him I just really don't care if I ever talk to him again. And I know it's not just men because every other bf I had went all out too on holidays so he can't use that excuse. Sorry to unload but I'm so upset I just don't even know what to do with him. I'm goona try and put my a**h*** bf out of my mind today. I was in a fine mood when I woke up b4 I hit the answering macine button and he had left a message after I went to sleep. Whatever! He can find someone else who's just as crappy on special occasions as he is!

Well, anyway, today will be just a usual saturday, cleaning, laundry, and studying. I'm gonna read some posts, walk the dog, and head to the store for a few things. Have a great day chicks. Thanks for letting me vent!
Old 02-11-2006, 09:53 AM   #13  

Pearsy: You vent away galpal!

LOOK NEW SMILIES!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2006, 10:10 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

We need one appropriate for inconsiderate bf's!

Just a word from the wise old broad, if they are like that as BFs, they do NOT improve as husbands!
Old 02-11-2006, 10:22 AM   #15  

Schatzi We are heading to the store when the baby wakes from her nap. i will post the ingredients once I buy it.

Pear Hugs to you girl!! My DH and I don't do much for holidays, but it is a mutual decision. (Due to constantly being flat broke!!)

How fun- I love the new smiles....

Hee hee.......
Closed Thread