South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 09:07 AM   #31  
beachbum

Woke up to

Good Sunday Morning Ladies

Its all along the coast line and my poor son is going to spend his 34 th birthday alone. my DD & her HB[both living in N.Y.] aren't able to go out and get him to join them in the blizzard.

Other then that I going to settle down by the fireplace and read a good book,with a Hot Cup of Chocolate by my side.

That all for now, will be back later Have to have another cup of tea.

Hugs BB
Old 02-12-2006, 09:27 AM   #32  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

wow we even got ourselves a little dose of snow here in VA.

mmmmm i am starting my morning off with a big fatty grapefruit and I am digging each bite...the boot camp class I took yesterday has resulted in anarachy in every single muscles I own...silent cry...there were times I was ready to blackout, wow...

now off to see Curious George, my favoritest little monkey
Old 02-12-2006, 10:26 AM   #33  

Talking I did it.

I decided i am going to post here because all of you give more support here then they do on other sites.
I am so excited. I did not think I would make my v day challenge but i did. Since last Monday I have lost 4 lbs. Woo Hoo. I am so exited. I am not down a smaller size but my clothes are bigger. My neighbor, whom I haven't seen in a while said last night I am getting really thinner. I am so exicited. This just helps me to keep going. I wish the weight ticker would work. But for now i will have to show my old one. but I am now at 238 lbs. Haven't been that low in 2 years!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2006, 10:32 AM   #34  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning, chicks! Just a quick hello! I'm getting a late start but am off to hop in the shower then cure my troubles with a few hours of shopping before I hit the books. Hope everyone has a great day!

Oh, I made up a delicious soup last night. It was a pureed bean and veggie soup. Good comfort food and very filling. I'll post inthe recipe section!
Old 02-12-2006, 10:33 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

We just measured 20" out there so far! And it's still coming down, although it should be over in the next couple hours.
Jake just went out to start shoveling, but our neighbor is getting his blower out and he usually plows us out since I supply him with hot sticky buns.
I guess we won't be venturing out anywhere today, the roads are a mess. We have a fire going in the fireplace on the sunporch, and it's real cozy out there, so that's where I'm spending the day. So far I've been staying OP, which is quite an accomplishment for me on a weekend, so I hope I can continue it today. It's pretty tempting to nosh on comfort foods all day, being snowed in, but I'm still feeling motivated.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:36 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Mamahulk!
Old 02-12-2006, 02:35 PM   #37  

Cottage Your day sounds lovely!! Enjoy. Thank you also for the recipe- I cannot wait to try it.

Home for the day with no plans to go anywhere. Church was good- the Sunday school class I teach are 5th graders, which is what I teach. Some of them are so disrespectful, they interrupt each other as well as myself. I never know how much discipline to infuse as I only teach every other month. I was just going to commit for this school year, but am going to continue with the every other month next year as well.

I am going to cozy up on the couch for a bit with the latest People magazine while the baby naps.

Talk to you all later!!
Old 02-12-2006, 03:18 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Welcome!!!

Mamahulk - and major congrats on your success so far!!!

Well, I've been fairly good this weekend. It's been an enjoyable weekend with my son but still there is always too many other things like housework, shopping, and blah blah blah...to take care of as well. Never seem to get enough relaxation and just "hang out" time.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:19 PM   #39  

Another day of Bliss here in Nerth Caroliner!!! MIL called to tell me they got 16 inches in central Jersey!!!!! My Gfren in Scranton is SnowBound. .. It's 45 degrees here. :sun: ..just BRISK enuf thankyou very much!!!

Kiko : yeah OJ is a No go... but I'm sure one of us will think up a good alternate...maybe orange extract with somethin else??? Can I offer you a suggestion to manage unruliness? Develop 3-5 Ground Rules for your class. Post it on Flip Paper. Introduce it, go through each one, check for understanding, and get their OK to abide by them. When someone breaks the ground rules, call them on it, and bring alls attention to the rule on the flip paper.. and you can bring them back on topic... I've used this technique for children and adults in a corporate environment-- works every time ... You just have to enforce the rules in a kind and gentle way. And as yer kids get older, the rules work there too. I never had kids, but I was a group home manager for mentally challenged women in one of my prior lives -- and it worked with the girls there--and with the boy scout troops I use to teach basic first aid classes to.
Cottage/and BB: That's something I miss is being snowbound, watching the beauty and enjoying my nest with a fire... RELISH IT DARLINs!

mamahulk and happiegirl too!! Got a question? Need Support? Want to grow some new online galpals? 3FC is the place to do it! Check out the Sticky's up top--especially the Emergency Handbook for Phase 1... Happie: yep Curry is fine....
Old 02-12-2006, 03:44 PM   #40  

Default Thank you all.

Thank you all for the great welcome. I think I will love it here.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:40 PM   #41  

Good suggestions Schatzi- I have no problems running my classroom at school, but it is so different for me at church.

I think I will post the recipe in the Weight Watchers forum just so anyone who is interested can check it out. I cannot stop raving about this recipe!

Stay warm and safe Northeastern friends!!

Mamahulk and HappieGirl! We always have room for more!!

Toodles everyone- I am signing off for the day.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:26 PM   #42  
Who needs sleep?

Pear - Ruth's right, bad bf's make bad dh's! Let him find someone else who doesn't care about holidays, either - you deserve better than that! Go find yourself someone who's on the same page as you - or at least in the same book!

This is just a quickie catchup - I've been so swamped with schoolwork I've hardly had time to breathe - literally! My asthma has been terrible, and that makes me really tired and less efficient, too. DH's artist sister and her bf were visiting from NYC this weekend, so we got to see them for a bit - the last time SIL was here, DS was only 6 months old. Now he's nearly 2 - he's grown so much since she last saw him! That was the start of the "month of sleeplessness" - now on to my bday next week, followed by DS's bday and his 2 bday parties. To wrap it all up, registration is on 2/28, so I really need to try to squeeze in an appt with the science advisor beforehand. Next quarter I'm planning to take precalc 1 (refresher), intro to chem, and professional report writing - unless the advisor advises otherwise. DS will be able to start going to daycare more days of the week as of mid-April, so the first 2 weeks will be crazy-hectic, but then it should get better after that.

I really miss all of you! I'm sooooooo behind in the posts, but I just have not had time to visit, and I probably won't until March at the soonest. But I'll be thinking of you all, even if I'm not around much!

'Til next time, take care of yourselves, dear chickadees!
Closed Thread