South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-31-2006, 10:05 PM   #1  
Mary Catherine

S/C/G: 202/200/150

Height: 5'9

Default back to the beach (p1 question)

Hey ya'll! I'm a junior in college and am determined to lose the 30 pounds that I've packed on since my senior year of highschool plus 23 more. My main goal is to have a good BMI and gain the confidence that I've lacked for so long. Anyway, back to the point... I first tried the SBD with my mom last summer and lost about 7 pounds in phase 1. Now I'm back and I'm stickin' to it! Have any of you stayed on phase 1 for more than the 2 weeks? A friend of mine stayed on p1 for about 5 weeks and lost about 15 lbs. I was thinking about doing the same thing just b/c it will give me a lot of motivation...good or bad idea?
Merecat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:05 AM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Talking Go to P2 as soon as you can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merecat11
My main goal is to have a good BMI and gain the confidence that I've lacked for so long.
, Merecat, for having great, healthy goals!

In terms of health (and in terms of effective weightloss) staying on Phase 1 longer than you have to (having done it before, unless you have been eating tons of bad carbs, sugar, and processed foods, you might not need more than a week this time to detox and get rid of cravings) is NOT a good idea. It's a common question, though, so don't feel bad for asking!

You'll see lots of info on this in our FAQ. The basic problem is that P1 is only meant to help you get rid of the sugar and bad carbs in your body that make you crave. It's not meant to help you lose tons of weight (though the marketing makes it seem that way ) and it's not meant to be very healthy, as you're meant to be on it for a short time. You need the nutrients in the veggies and fruit that you are denied in P1. You also need the fiber in the grains and other good carbs that you are missing. (trust me, without that fiber, you have some serious problems in the 'number 2' department )

Bottom Line: stay on P1 only as long as you have to. Work with P2 to lose your weight in a safe, healthy way. That doesn't mean fast...but considering your goals, I bet you'll find them met very quickly by meeting the mini goals you set for yourself. Exercise can be a huge help and a huge self esteem boost (really! ). This is coming from a girl that HATED exercise of any kind before I started SBD. Trust me, if I can learn to love it, you can too!

to the forum, Merecat--I think you'll really like it here!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:37 AM   #3  
GARDENING ADDICT

back to the beach

I would also suggest that you not stay on strictly P1 for too long. Why not venture into P2 very slowly by adding only one or 2 new items a week (not everyday). Basically a P 1.5 where you might have a WW tortilla wrap one day and a piece of fruit another. Grains and fruits are very important in adding fiber to your diet. See how that goes and alter your foods choices according to your body's response. Does that make sense?
2BFIT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:00 PM   #4  
Mary Catherine

S/C/G: 202/200/150

Height: 5'9

thanks for the advice ladies!
Merecat11 is offline   Reply With Quote