South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 08:59 AM   #16  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Wow so we are booming this morning, plus I am still trying to catch up from the weekend banter. If I did not reply to you here is a big GOOD MORNING! Well this is my last week before the move so I have got to get my butt in gear and get packed, and clean clean clean. I only have 2 photos to do this week so most of my hours will have to come from my at home job (yuck!) but due to being really tight on money I am going to have to just suck it up.

mamAcita - so you found the cross trainer huh? You got to love those things. Great workout just like the eliptical but also work the arms letting you push or pull the handles. If you have mastered the eliptical those are a great way to make you workouts a little tougher... Glad you had fun on your cruise, 3 lbs could definitely be a lot worse.

ruth - your break sounds so fun I am jealous!

kiko - Hey 6 lbs is 6 lbs no matter how many more you have to go it has got to feel good! Congrats and here is to meeting your goal.

freaky - you passed on birthday cake! You are an absolute diet angel I am sure those stubborn 2 lbs will definitely be on their way out ASAP. Glad you had a little fun for your birthday though.

Jana - happy beliated birthday! I am right there with you on the sleeping thing. I could not for the life of me get to sleep last night. Now here I am up and typing at 6:30 am this morning. I do not know what is wrong with me. I hope this does not keep up!

batmom - eeeewwww I hate suasage, just the word makes me shudder ...eeeeeeewwww casing....

crk05 - congrats on being done with the move. I am moving this weekend so wish me luck. Apts on the second floor are such a pain...gotta go upstairs to carry groceries, gotta worry about the people below you hearing your tv. Good luck with your Ph1 restart...

Karla - WOW you are an inspiration ! COngrats on meeting your goal girl!

sarahslacker - welcome to the forum first of all and second great going on avoiding that alcohol. It really is emtpy calories most of the time. I too am a habitual weigher, but I find that an upside of weighing too much is that I learn how my weight fluxuates during the different times of the day, week, months etc...I also know if I am gaining weight a lot faster than those who only weigh once a week. Good luck on ph1

Weezle - I hope you are feeling better sweety. I know how sleepless nights can go...

hko - caffeine is also one of my best friends.

Here is to an OP day for everyone!
Old 01-24-2006, 10:13 AM   #17  

Anyone know what is going on with the closed threads? Some make sense but I noticed the January 23rd phase 1 thread is closed as is the Bio Thread and the Exercise thread. I can't put in last night's exercise!
Old 01-24-2006, 10:13 AM   #18  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Morning chicks! Wow, so many posts already! I need to start getting on here earlier Well, not a real busy day ahead of me, which is nice. I have to work on a presentation, but that's the main thing for now. I had a relaxing evening taking one of the doggies to obedience class last night.

Kiko ~ Congrats on the loss! You will be to your goal before you know it!

wenchy ~ Hang in there! I can definitely relate to school stress. Best of luck with your math test today!

Schatzi ~ What a great husband to kidnap you for the weekend! I'm so glad that you had a good time.

Ruth ~ Mmmmm...cream cheese brownies. Good for you for skipping them! I don't know if I could have!

Mamacita ~ Glad to hear that you enjoyed your cruise. I can only imagine how tempting those desserts at tea were!

pearshape ~ Chicken and spinach casserole sounds really delicious!

H-Ko ~ Good luck with your scholarship application! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

freaky ~ Enjoy your birthday celebration today!

cottage ~ Sorry to hear about the Curves manager leaving.

angelshine ~ Glad to hear that P1 is going well so far. Good luck with your last semester of school!

Lindy ~ I know what you mean about forum sites being down! When I can't get into 3FC or the newlywed forum I participate in, I feel kind of lost!

beachbum ~ That bread sounds so good! Have a great day!

stephie ~ Thanks! And good luck with your move too.

Anyone I missed, I hope you have a great day on the beach!
Old 01-24-2006, 10:14 AM   #19  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chicks!

I'm a little sick of being sooooo busy!!!! I'll be glad when my fundraiser for the Soup Kitchen is done next Monday.

Today we slip slided into work. The temperature is hovering around 32 - 33 degrees and we got a really wet snow overnight. That makes everything very icy. The highway was clear but the regular streets were an absolute nightmare.

I'm back on Phase I this week. I got a little too much sugar last week with taste testing desserts and chocolate martinis. So yesterday was very OP. The problem is the new location that my business moved to has nothing OP around it so if I don't bring it - I'm out of luck. Yesterday I managed to bring a taco salad for lunch but today will be a little more difficult.

Have a great day chicks!
Old 01-24-2006, 10:47 AM   #20  
gotta lose it!

Morning everyone! I so did not want to get up this morning...too cold. Last night I was looking at old pictures & started crying. I miss my mom so much...we use to call each other every Sunday night & chat, and well I can't do that anymore. One of my gf from my home town calls me every Sunday night....she tries, but it's not the same. I gotta perk up, because if I go into work like this, my boss will ride my butt all day.
Last night I met with my AVON district mgr & the first words out of her mouth were...Hvae you lost weight? That was nice!! I have to start losing because my kid sister is getting married in Aug (if the divorce goes through...long story.) I don't think she really wants to get married, I think she wants her bf's benifits and she wants to "beat me" to it. All I have to say is have fun....she's something else. I have to pick & choose my battles with her.

kiko -great job....6 lbs you rock!

wendy - take 15 mis a day for you....there's some things you can not control!

Jana - I'm off to get some coffee too!

Schatzi - a gallon.....maybe not that much. That's so nice your hubby kidnapped you - how romantic!!

Ruthie - You are one busy gal....enjoy your dinner with Joan - sounds lovely!

Mamacita - 3 lbs....that's nothing. I would of probably gained 33 on a cruise! 2 yrs ago I went to the beach & gained 7.....our hotel was across the street from a Dairy Queen!

Pearsy - can you come cook for me? It sounds good! I'll do the laundry if you cook?

H-ko - busy as usual...enjoy dinner with the aunt & good luck with the scholarship!

freaky - Happy belated b-day. What great friends you have to make you treats for your b-day!

Cottage - That stinks about the Curves Mgr. Hopefully the replacement is just as good.

Angel - have fun at school.

Lindy87 - hello!

B/b - that bakery sounds like the one in my hometown...they never make enough of the stuff that everyone wants. It can be annoying!

Stehie - have fun with the move.....df & I are moving (hopefully) next year. Yes I want out of this apt, but I don't wanna move all this stuff!

Barb - hi, I have no idea what's going on with the threads.

Crk -05 - Good luck with your presentation.

Anchor - we have the same yucky weather here...that white, cold stuff. I'm not a fan....hopefully spring comes soon!!
Well I'm off to do some reading & get ready for work...have a great day!!
Old 01-24-2006, 11:04 AM   #21  

Hi All,

Sorry I've been MIA for a while, but things have been pretty rough here.

Last week Joe went for the MRI's of his back and brain, plus a carotid artery ultrasound. The next week to see a neurologist. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

About that same time, I started having leg pains. Well, last Monday it really exploded. It was horrible all last week, trying to work (I sit on the floor with dogs in my lap while I clean their teeth). Sitting was ok - then trying to stand and walk was difficult. I tried to hide it from him, because I know he was hurting. Finally went to the dr. yesterday - I have bilateral sciatic. Going for an MRI and PT. It really is a b***h. He told me to stay down as much as possible - I need to work - we can't live on Joe's retirement. Oh, he also told me no long drives - impossible - most of my clinics are at least 2 hours from home! So, I'm trying to pace myself. He did prescribe a pain med but I really hate to take anything.

Needless to say, my eating has not been the greatest! I haven't lost any more, but I haven't gained. So I guess that's a good thing.

I hope everyone has a great day! You all are a great bunch!
Old 01-24-2006, 11:40 AM   #22  
Who needs sleep?

Barb - very odd! Did you try pm'ing one of our lovely moderators? It looks like the padlock fairy was running amok in our forum!
Old 01-24-2006, 11:45 AM   #23  

AACK!!!! It was Me
I was closing down a kajillion old threads and I think I mistakenly locked some of the Stickies.

I opened it up... I'm sorry Gals
Old 01-24-2006, 11:59 AM   #24  

Thanks for fixing it, Schatzi! I've got my exercise entered now. It looks like you may still need to open up the January 23rd Phase 1 thread. That still shows as locked.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:01 PM   #25  
Bird Nerd

Hello everyone. I have a question since I am new around here - what exactly does OP stand for?
Thanks!
Old 01-24-2006, 12:18 PM   #26  

Got it Barb... Thanks!
Wild...it stands for On Plan
Old 01-24-2006, 12:39 PM   #27  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Just a quick post at this time today chickies...

Feeling a little better but still have a headache and my back muscles are achey. Back at work today even though I didn't sleep much last night.

Good news: DOWN TWO MORE POUNDS!!! That would make 9 pounds this month. Holy crap. That makes me one happy girl. One more pound, and I can go buy myself some new jeans. I'm rewarding myself every 5 lbs and just bought myself a fancy moisturizer to reward my first 5 lbs. Yahoo!

Anyway, back to work. Just thought I'd share. Hope you all are having a great day!

Lisa
Old 01-24-2006, 12:50 PM   #28  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

Hi everyone! Happy Tuesday!
Maybe I should move to the East coast so that I can post earlier!
Well, last night I was able to go to work all day, then my Body Power class, & AA & make supper for me and DH without dropping dead. I drank a cup of cofee at 4:30 which made my heart race and I had trouble falling asleep. I don't think I like coffee.
DH applied for a couple of management positions yesterday and hopefully he gets one. Then, hopefully I can quit my job and get something more enjoyable instead of just high paying. Please cross your fingers or say a prayer or something!!!
I'm getting a new car in a week and my current car is ready to crap out on me. I'm so scared I'll get stuck in traffic again! I replaced the alternator because it went bad and left me stranded in the middle of Friday rush hour and now something else is wrong with it!!!
One more thing. It's actually good news. I lost another pound . . . . it's even on the hard *** gym scale!!!
I am very stressed out because of all this crap going on. Please remember to cross your fingers for me, my car, and DH's job.
It's a good thing all this diet and exercise makes me feel better and more energetic or else I might just flip.
Have a great day!
Old 01-24-2006, 01:31 PM   #29  

Good Afternoon!! I have been busy all day, I got some down time and decided to post. After that I am out again to run more errands. I am making the Taco Bake for dinner tonight. I am really excited about that because it is so darn good!! haha Okay well I hope everybody is have s great day!!

Caity
Old 01-24-2006, 03:44 PM   #30  

Question? Where do you guys get all those funny faces and other interesting things for your posts?
Closed Thread