South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 12:08 AM   #1  

Default Breakfast/snack Cheesecake muffins??

I have only been on this site for three days. So I'm wading my way through as much stuff as possible. I'm very confused about these cheesecakes (which are talked about for four pages on the Emergency Handbook page.

So each one of these little suckers is approx. 177 calories? Some people say have two and some one. If you eat two that's a heck of a lot of calories!

Is this supposed to be your total breakfast? Is it also supposed to be a snack?

I made it today, they're very tiny and very addictive. And being pretty much of a food addict, they could be a big downfall (especially if they're so calorie-rich).
Old 01-06-2006, 12:45 AM   #2  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

If you think they'll be a stumbling block for you then maybe don't make them. AT least until you get through a week or so and lose your cravings. Maybe throw them in the freezer. That way you can't just pull them out and eat them without thinking. You'll have to take the time to microwave them. If they are all you eat in a meal, I don't think 2 isn't too many. For a snack I would say only eat one though.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:48 AM   #3  

Not everyone on SBD is counting calories... but even having two at 350 calories it should fit in well with a 1200-1600 plan. I tend to find that if I have a higher calorie breakfast then I am set up better for the day anyway.. I have less cravings.. but that is just a personal observation.

If it is a trigger food and you find it too tempting I would really reconsider having it in the house.. for example I can't have cashews.. a big downfall

Good luck and have a great day
Old 01-06-2006, 03:47 AM   #4  
Who needs sleep?

I don't count calories, although I do try to keep an eye on the ratios (fats, carbs, and protein), and also to not go too overboard on calories - I am trying to lose weight, after all. Also, too few calories can sabotage your weight loss, too. But I don't obsess over it, and if one day I have 1800 calories and 1400 the next, I don't sweat it. Life's too short to count calories consumed and burned and all that jazz!
Old 01-06-2006, 10:55 AM   #5  

OK - I give - where is the cheescake muffin recipe?

Joanne
Old 01-06-2006, 11:08 AM   #6  

I made them yesterday and tried two for breakfast this morning. They are the Protein Packed Cheesecake recipe that is in the phase 1 breakfast section. They do not satisfy me for breakfast. I ended up having a plain yogurt along with them. I think from now on I will just use them as snacks. I am filled up a lot more by eggs/veggies (p1) or oatmeal/fruit (p2).
Closed Thread