South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 12:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

Default What a blessing!

Remember this morning I posted about DH being bummed about the increase in the grocery budget -- esp during P1?

I ordered my SBD book off of eBay and received it this afternoon. You'll never GUESS what was included?

A personal note from the seller offering advice and encouragement. I had to giggle at this part "My first shopping trip was a bit more costly than usual, but how much would it cost for the Jenny Craig or the Weight Watchers stuff?"

I was very touched that she would take the time to include something like that instead of just shoving a book in a box and shipping it, ya know?
Old 01-05-2006, 12:34 PM   #2  

Awww... That's great.

Have you considered some of the tried and true recipes on this site? There are some great recipes. I highly recommend them. The Taco Bake, Meatball Casserole, Wendy's Chili, Parmesean Fish and Chicken Divan are some of my favorites! (There are more, but I can't think of them right now.)
Old 01-05-2006, 12:35 PM   #3  

Oh, definitely -- without a doubt! I have seen some real mouth-watering recipes that I'm sure DH would just love if he'd give them a try.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:52 PM   #4  

Frugal--Tawk about timing! What an Angel that lady is!
Old 01-05-2006, 03:58 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Frugal, that's really awesome!

You know, my grocery bills are much larger, but I no longer have the money going to all the fast food joints, to coffee places, to doughnut shops, to convenience stores, etc. Get my drift? I think I'm coming out ahead on this diet, even with the money I now spend on clothes!
Old 01-05-2006, 04:41 PM   #6  

Yup, I know exactly where you're coming from. Smaller clothes are cheaper -- especially when you're a plus size gal starting out. LOL
Closed Thread