South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 04:32 AM   #1  
Who needs sleep?

Default Thursday Tete-a-tete (1/5/2006)

Hola Chickas!

I'm taking a break from school stuff, so I thought I'd get y'all started off (even though it's still nighty-night time for me here in the loverly Pacific NW). I am soooo glad I only signed up for one other class besides my lab class - the teacher warned us to plan on devoting 20-25 hours a week on classwork for that class alone! Add to that the work for my social psych class and all the trimmings that go with being a SAHM, and I'm going to be a bit busy for the next few months! It's a good thing that I planned ahead and froze a bunch of food! Still am, actually - I have some big packages of meat to divvy up and freeze, and a batch of white bean chicken chili to make and freeze. I also need to make some more chicken broth and use that for making more of Mamacita's veggie soup - I used up my entire supply of chicken stock earlier, making a double batch of the soup.

I need to start planning DS's birthday parties soon. Our house is too small for everyone, so we're going to have to have one party for my family and for kids, and one party for DH's family - his family is so big! I'm trying to decide on a theme for the kid party - I'm thinking of dinosaurs, or Clifford, or Pokemon, or dogs. But I don't know yet. I can order party packages from Birthday Express, including everything from the invites on down to thank you notes in a vast array of themes, so I'll probably do that as I'll be short on time for planning and shopping for party stuff. I can hardly believe he's already going on 2! His birthday is not for another 6-7 weeks, but I need time to plan, send the invites, and order cakes and platters and such.

What are you doing today?
Old 01-05-2006, 05:06 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Heather, I hope you are fast asleep. You are like the Energizer Bunny!

We got Beach Bum's weather last night - ice pellets are just lovely! They are also pretty noisy. The road crews have been out there since 2 AM so there has been a lot of woofing fromThe Girls. I think today will be a nap day for sure.

Since I'm up so darn early, I'm going to write and print off the Church Bulletin. I usually do it Saturday morning but the Hyper Pypers are coming then and it could get forgotten in the confusion. Hmmm...maybe I'll just have a bath and see if I can go back to sleep.

Shhhhhhhh
Old 01-05-2006, 07:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I can see you haven't gone back to sleep - unless of course it is watching the screen through the back of your eyelids and snoozing - mouse in hand.

Happy Thursday - although it is darn near Friday from where I sit.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:06 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Nope! When I'm awake, I'm awake. Sleep well as you head into Friday!
The darn bulletin is done, printed and collated. There is a good half inch of ice on my world so I think I may be inside most of the day. It's rthe day I need to lug recycle stuff out to the road but me thinks that will not happen.

Hey! 12 drummers are drumming! It's noisy and crowded in here these twelve days. I'll be glad when they all leave. Of course, tomorrow the Wise Men will show up and I'll have to deal with camels too!
Old 01-05-2006, 08:06 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Nope! When I'm awake, I'm awake. Sleep well as you head into Friday!
The darn bulletin is done, printed and collated. There is a good half inch of ice on my world so I think I may be inside most of the day. It's the day I need to lug recycle stuff out to the road but me thinks that will not happen.

Hey! 12 drummers are drumming! It's noisy and crowded in here the past twelve days. I'll be glad when they all leave. Of course, tomorrow the Wise Men will show up and I'll have to deal with camels too! And feed them all too, I suppose. Maybe I'll just knock off the partridge, calling bird, French hens and geese and do a beer can BBQ.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:12 AM   #6  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Well, hello all. Haven't been on here for a long time. Been going to he-- and back and back again. Let me try to tell you in short what has been going on...
First docs put me on meds (side effects weight gain!!!) then tell me to try and lose weight. Well, that was an up hill part way and slide back down. So, told them I didn't want them anymore, (sanity pills). Went to St. Johns Wart instead.
Second we sold our house and moved. Buyers won't give us an extra week to live in house, needed a FAST closing (within a week). Ok, we move all our things into a 2 car garage. The house we were buying was broken into and they torn the place up. Spray paint everywhere. Torn down walls and broke pipes, list goes on. We were buying it like this (seller had to fix). This was why we wanted an extra week. Contractors needed to get in here and repair. So, since they needed to move in our house so fast we lived in the kitchen here. That was a nightmare. FOOD FOOD FOOD right there within a few steps. Matteress were on the floors in the bedrooms. We lived like this for 2 weeks. This all happened the first week in Nov. Then to top it off, my buyers didn't even move in until the end of Nov. MEAN thing to do.
So, we are now living in the WHOLE new house and most boxes unpacked now. Still some small repairs to do.
But, the weight just piled on. Joined WW with daughter and now it is slowly coming off. I really missed you guys.
So, I hope you will allow me back. I don't do SB, but, you guys are great here.
Now to update my signature.
Chipper
Old 01-05-2006, 08:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Day 4 and still going strong ! I just got back from Curves, and made myself some Mock Oatmeal so I'm ready to settle in for a while. It's like a spring day outside, actually it's been pretty mild all week, but I just know we're going to pay for it sooner or later! Has anyone heard about the new pasta product, House Foods Tofu Shirataki Noodles? For 8 oz. it has 40 calories,2g protein, 6g carbohydrates, and 1g fat. They're supposed to be high in fiber, too, and are made from tofu and yam powder, and are supposed to taste just like the real thing (pasta). Kraft sends me a newsletter, and this last one was on foods and diet, and that's where I heard about them. Anyway, I'm going to see if I can find out more info and where I can buy them.

Before I forget, I believe CONGRATULATIONS! are in order, Schatzi! You're the perfect choice for a moderator.

Heather ~ I've used Party Express, and I just love them. They provide everything you need except the cake and ice cream! I see you have another busy day of cooking today. Good luck on your new semester!

Ruth ~ I hope you are planning a cozy day of staying inside, what with all the ice. Do be careful, you don't want to wrench your knee! My DD is a church secretary, and she's busy today and tomorrow printing out the bulletin, too.

Laurie ~ I see you're back from your Christmas trip! Did you have a good time with your family? I've been missing you and your posts!

Good morning to all the rest of you Chicks, make it a great day!
Old 01-05-2006, 08:22 AM   #8  

Chipper ~ Welcome back! Sounds like your life has been pretty eventful. Glad things are settling down, and you are getting back on track again.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:29 AM   #9  

Thufferin Thuckatash Thursday already!!

HKO: I love to plan parties!!! Each one of your themes has such fun possibilities! Enjoy some time off from your busy schedule girl!!

Shad:
how many hours ahead are you Kiwis??

Ruth: ooohhhh are we gonna be holed up in yer igloo with Rrrrrrommmanno?

Chipper: What a night mare!!! Welcome back

CottageThankya darlin' I get the Kraft thing tooo.. I need to take a look at this Pasta thing... Was this in their Email newsletter or that quarterly magazine they send??
I'm feeling a bit better this morn.. I think the Sauna at this new gym I went to the other night sweated the cold to blossom..(note to self: remember to take off Jewlery when going into 200 degree rooms..I've got a loverly slight burn mark from my necklace)
Yeah, sooo I gotta coupon fer another gym (Im becoming a " Free Visit " gym Junkie!), so I go and try some of the equipment..I hopped on this slanted boardy thing and did about a bajillion sit ups, feeling quite smug at how easy it was until this guy tells me "Um Lady, your head is suppose to be on the low incline and yer feet up here".. How Embarraskin! So I turn myself around, manage 1..2, ugh 2 and a half, and I proceed to loose my balance and fall over the side...I couldn't help but laugh at myself..

Gotta go refill my cawfee mug!!! and start this taunting needlepoint project
Old 01-05-2006, 08:37 AM   #10  

morning everyone- I shouldn't be up right now....I actually think I am giong to crawl under my covers before I drink coffee and work out..I dont want to move until atleast noon. Today is my day off of work and My final draft of my short story is due in class tonight...So I want a little break before I begin writing or reading...or even working out...

So hope all of you have a wonderful day
night night!
Old 01-05-2006, 09:07 AM   #11  

Schatzi ~ Girl, you must be a riot to live with! I've seen some amusing things at Curves, but nothing like that! Still using those Free Trial Membership coupons? WTG! That info is in the quarterly Kraft magazine, a special issue called "Your Diet" and in conjuction with People Magazine. It came in yesterday's mail, and at first I thought it was a magazine, which I'm NOT subscribed to, but it is from Kraft. It's packed with a lot of interesting articles, makes for a good read.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:09 AM   #12  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Morning' chicks!

Getting ready to dive into schoolwork pretty soon but I thought I'd say hello! I'm feeling pretty relaxed today. My husband and I had a quiet evening at home and played some good-old fashioned board games. Sounds smarmy, but it's one of our favorite things to do together. I have a lot of schoolwork to do as always, and I'm getting pretty overwhelmed by all the things I have to do before I graduate this summer. Well, one thing at a time.

Heather ~ Wow, I'm impressed! You've got a lot of stuff going on! Be sure to get some sleep...sometime!

Ruth ~ Those drummers are loud! Haha, at least the Three Wise Men will usher them away tomorrow morning...

Shad ~ Happy almost Friday to you!

Chipper ~ Welcome back! It sounds like you've had a LOT going on, but it sounds like you're settling back down. Good luck to you!

Cottage ~ Good job! Both the mock oatmeal and the noodles sound yummy!

Schatzi ~ I so would have done the same thing with the sit-up apparatus!

angelshine ~ Good luck getting that draft finished!
Old 01-05-2006, 09:18 AM   #13  
Ready!!!

Don't have time to read now, will be back later, dentest and a tanning session.........today is my day off......think I will shop.........
love you all have a stay OP today, I work this week end

Tazcat
Old 01-05-2006, 09:23 AM   #14  

Schatzi- LOL! I am always afraid someone is going to correct me at the gym and I'm going to be embarassed. I'm sure you handled it with grace. Good job on making it to the gym.

My we have some busy women in this crew.

H-Ko- I start planning my DS's birthday parties really early too. This past year there was not doubting the theme. It had to be THOMAS all the way. Good job on getting a jump on meal planning. I am trying to build up my freezer supply now.

Ruth- I say get under the covers and pretend to sleep. LOL

Chipper- That sounds like a pain. How dare those Dr's give you something that makes you gain weight and then tell you to lose weight. That would be enough to reduce me to tears.

Cottage- The noodles sound interesting. Let us know what you find out.

Angel-good luck with your story.

As for me, I went to Walmart last night to pick up an Rx and got this new product by Reynolds.. Slow Cooker liners! My lazy side is thrilled. I hate trying to clean my crock pot after I cook in it. I just had to try it so I made a pot of chili. I also made the meatball casserole. I watched the Biggest Loser Family edition while I made those and cut up a bunch of green peppers and onions. (I had a yummy omellete with them and egg beaters this morning.)

It's back to the gym tonight. I have lost my drive, but I am forcing myself to go anyway. I figure I will snap back out of it soon enough. I KNOW the benefits I have received from making it to the gym. I let my cleaning girls go and I am struggling with cleaning my house and making time to go to the gym. I don't know how some women do it. I want to be able to handle work, my 3 year old, working out, cleaning and cooking dinner with ease. But, it is a struggle right now.

I plan on doing a little cleaning in my closet this weekend. I keep grabbing my bigger jeans. And even though it makes me happy to see how big they are on me now, I don't need them in my closet.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:23 AM   #15  
Kyemom

Hey girls!!! I have already not eaten OP today...I don't know what is wrong with me...I need a good kick in the butt.....
Ruth- Sorry for the snowy mess...But I say do like Schatzi says..hunker down with RRRROmmano
Schatzi- Thanks for making me laugh this morning!!
Cottage- let me know about those noodles!!
Closed Thread