South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 05:30 AM   #1  
Ready!!!

Talking Tuesday on the beach

Tuesday ready for day 2 , P1...........
Morning to you all, Hope Everyone has a great day, getting ready for work so I thought I would start us up. After work, Going to go for a walk after I go for a tanning session. Time to get that winter glow
Well I will see what happens at the beach tonight,
Love Tazcat
Old 01-03-2006, 05:54 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Tazcat, and all the chickies to come! Taz, I hope you are escaping some of that awful snow you Maritimers have had,

I'm up and dressed and ready to start the day. There was a yelp from downstairs a minute ago - I think Lucy has a tummy ache. Those brats got into the garbage last night and deserve sore guts!

I've got odds and ends of errands to do this morning and an open house this afternoon. I must remember that when I plan lunch and dinner! This will be almost the last of the holiday partying although I have lunch at DS and DIL's on Sunday. Wendy's a healthy cook so I should be pretty safe.

What's happening "sur ta plage"? I intend to improve my French in 2006.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:17 AM   #3  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

Good Morning Chickies! Down a lb this am - lowest weight since 2004! Up and did about 25 mins of aerobics (better than zero!), no smoking!!
Have lovely days, ladies!
Old 01-03-2006, 07:26 AM   #4  

Good Morning everyone!
I hope everyone had a great day yesterday!! Mine was OK, We changed alot of things at work for the new year hoping to make it better but, you know there are alot of people that don't do well with change so it wasn't a very pleasant place all day. I hope today goes better. I did stay on track as far as trying to cut back on my diet cokes but I probaly ate a little more than I should have. I am not going to look back at mistakes in my diet yesterday I am going to look forward in todays choices and make better ones. Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:56 AM   #5  

OK Who Ordered the Flippin FOG and Rain today???

Taz:: Oh how I use to love go Tanning ..it really helped that SAD ya get in the dreary dark winter months!

Ruth: Yer probably out the door already running about !! I guess yer knee is reallly healing up !

Oto: What a GREAT Start to the New Year!!!!

Kelly: Ya got a super mindset ! One day at a time darlin...sometimes it's one meal atta time..sometimes 1 choice at a time !!!

Yesterday..after goin throu about 10 boxes of books I finally found the SB book for DH.. Today I'm makin a shopping list and surfin the recipe section to get some PH1 meal plans together... And Wow , lots of food stuff posted yesterday.. Let's try to keep em under the Recipe threads that start here.. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=114 .. We don't want to wear our our Mother Hen Ruthie already with moving the stuff the Recipes section!!!
Gotta dig out the Galoshes and umbrella BUT first , must gas up the tank with MORE CAWFEEEEEE!!!!
Old 01-03-2006, 08:09 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Schatzi! Galoshes and umbrella! You Southerners! We are cold and gray again. Some of the ice has melted but there is still a good half inch on my BBQ!

Kelly, I know exactly what you mean about people and change. I run into them all the time. I actually sort of thrive on it. You are right to look ahead - we can't do a darn thing about the past!

Otto, good start to the year. And you are quitting smoking too! Chickie!

Yes, please don't post recipes in here. Plunk them into the appropriate section in the Recipe Forum, remembering to include number of servings for sure and nutritional values if possible.

Romano, my Macho Macedonian contractor, called just now re the big basement job. He is going to take out the mouldy mortar in the foundation and replace it. Now that's a big job that I'm not looking forward to especially since everything in the basement needs to be moved away from the walls. I will call in my helpers for that!

It's after eight! Time for treadmill and then I'll hit the road for this morning's errands. I need staff!
Old 01-03-2006, 08:14 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Hey! Ten Lords A'Leapin' just arrived. Maybe I'll send them to the basement.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:35 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning SB Chicklets,

Its snowing like mad here..... and ya know, I'm prettttttty sick of it. Hurry summer dang gum it.

Ruthie, Romano sounds good enuf to eat what phase would that be ?

Schatzi, at least its only rain by you. The snow today is heavy slick and slushy like... joy joy !! I'm just glad I'm on vacation this week or I'd be po'd lol. How are things in NC?

Kelly, Taz and Otto
Old 01-03-2006, 08:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Windy and rainy here today, a good morning to pull the covers over my head and go back to sleep! But I managed to get up and get myself to Curves, and made myself a Spinach Omelet for breakfast. Day 2 of Phase 1, here I come. Yesterday went pretty well, although I only had about 6 glasses of water. I WILL TRY HARDER TODAY! Plain ole water just isn't appealing to me in the winter. There's nothing in the plans for today, we'll just take it as it comes. At least I don't have to go in til 11, so I may just veg-out with a book for a while. I'm reading the last book of the "In The Garden" trilogy by Nora Roberts. I just love her books, especially the trilogies. This series is especially good, taking place at a nursery.

Taz ~ Enjoy your walk and tanning session!

Ottoette ~ to you on your accomplishments!

Kelly ~ I hope today is a better day for you at work. You're right about not looking back. We learn from our mistakes and have to go forward from there. Good luck!

Schatzi ~ Quit hogging that umbrella ! Make room for me, LOL! I've been going over the Phase 1 recipes, too. It's great that there are a lot of delicious ones to choose from!

Ruth ~ Sounds like you have another busy day planned. Enjoy your open house, it sounds like fun!
Old 01-03-2006, 08:36 AM   #10  

oooo RrrrraMannno is back...!! Sigh

I hope it's slow goin fer our slavic hunk o man.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:45 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Leenie! We had a chance of snow today, too, but thank goodness we were south enough to just have rain! And to think I used to look forward to snow! Of course, that was before I had to drive in it! At least you are off this week, so try to enjoy it.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:24 AM   #12  

Hi Leenie! Nerth Caroliner is "right as rain" AACK I crack myself up! hmm, but they all tink I gotta an axesent??

Cottage: No, You get the Raft ready.. It looks like we're gonna need it!!! Good fer you --already to Curves. good girl!
I decided on the Chicken Salsa bake tonight...just thinkin bout Ruthie's hunkohandy man has me feelin saucy! He heeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Old 01-03-2006, 09:25 AM   #13  
Gryffindor Pride

Day one, Phase 1. So far, so good! I had a poached egg for breakfast (I also made some asparagus but I then dropped it on the floor. I was so angry! I didn't have time to make more veggies so I am going to make sure I load up on the good tonight at dinner. )

Hope everyone is staying warm. We've got snow/sleet/rain/ice and more snow up on us today.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:27 AM   #14  

Good morning ladies. Day 1 Phase 1 today. I meant to start yesterday, but I must not have been mentally ready. Today will work fine as the routine at work makes it much easier. I have my grocery list together, but didn't go. I layed down for a nap and woke up out of it last night. I will try to go tonight after aerobics. Hopefully DH can keep Brennan.

Today's lunch will be Wendy's chili and a side salad. I have already had some scrambled eggs and turkey bacon. I have a pork roast in the oven for dinner tonight.

Oh, last night I made fish nuggets. I "breaded" them with parmesean and milled flax seed with spices. DS and DH loved them. Plus, I got the extra benefit of getting some fiber in DS!!! I will definitely make those again.

Well, gotta get to work. We had a "manager" quit last week and it will take some work to pick up and rearrange how some things are done. But, we can do it!
Old 01-03-2006, 09:40 AM   #15  

Good morning, gals! Welcome to those who are new and returning! I made it to the gym last night after stopping at the grocery store to pick up the Kale I need for a recipe tomorrow. My regular grocery store didn't have it. It felt good to get a workout in.

Right about dessert time, I noticed that strange look on my son's face. I'm sure you mom's know it. Of course, he say he's fine then he leaves me a big mess on the floor to clean up. And today is the first day back at school too! Oh, well, I don't know yet if it is the virus my husband had last week or if it was the Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Expresso Beans that my husband thought would be a good snack for an 8 year old. Men!!! No fever and he seemed to feel fine afterwards although I made him walk around with a big aluminum bowl. He kept saying "Bowl is my friend. I love my bowl". Silly boy but at least he is feeling better.

Dinner tonight is Red Snapper Courtboullion. I'll have to make it with beef broth instead of the red wine to be phase 1 but it is a yummy recipe even then. I've got a lunch bag full of yummy leftovers so I should be all set for today.
Closed Thread