South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 02:59 AM   #1  
RNMOM

Default Scale debate.........

Hi, I know this has been asked and rehashed in the past, but their are lots of newbies and I'm curious to know how they feel about the scales and if anyone, oldies or newbies has an opinion about weighing daily, weekly, neverly????? Do you go by how your clothes fit? Do you look at body fat %?

Anyway, as for me, I'm a daily weigher. I don't let the scales determine if I'm a failure for the day, but I do get a big smile when I see the numbers and percentages go down.

You successful LOSERS out there, give us all your opinion about the scales. I think everyone of us here want to be more successful at our weightloss efforts. What are your tricks?
Old 01-02-2006, 03:23 AM   #2  

Hi,
I'm a newbie
I'm a daily weighter too. Can't help it
I go by the scale and the fit of my clothes.
Good luck !!
Old 01-02-2006, 10:15 AM   #3  

I weigh daily but update my ticker weekly. I feel like I need the control of seeing my weight daily.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:42 AM   #4  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I'm a daily weigher but won't update my ticker unless it's something significant. I've read several places that people who weigh themselves daily are more likely to keep the weight off because they will notice gains more quickly than someone who doesn't weigh themselves daily. The sooner you catch and correct it, the more likely you are to get back on track.

Plus, I'll admit it. I'm obsessed.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:01 PM   #5  
Who needs sleep?

I weigh randomly - whenever I want to know what I weigh. Sometimes daily, sometimes I'll go several days or a few weeks withough weighing. To me, it's more a matter of curiousity than anything. I go by the overall trend on the scales (generally going down, up, or staying the same), as well as how my clothes fit (example - my old jammies were too big, so bought some new ones a size down - and they are a wee bit big, even!).
Old 01-02-2006, 01:14 PM   #6  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

I weigh daily. I do it because I have a program that keeps track of it and if it notices a pattern of gains it will say things like "You have gained .5 a pound every Tuesday for the last 5 weeks. What do you do on Wed nights?" I like it. If you weigh everyday you just have to be ready for fluctuations: TOM, a higher salt intake the day before, etc. I agree with Weezle that weighing everyday helps keep me more accountable because I can't say "well, I'll eat this and I can take it off before Monday when I weigh in."
Old 01-04-2006, 11:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

I weigh daily because of the program that I use to log foods, weightloss, etc. At least I used to. This time around, maybe I'll weigh weekly. But DH is afraid I'm going to get addicted to the scale and weightloss is never going to be enough. I think I'll go by how my clothes fit mainly...but I really like the ticker doo dad...

I'm a mess! LOL
Old 01-04-2006, 01:35 PM   #8  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

I broke my scale so now I only weigh myself when I go to the gym. But you better believe that everytime my butt steps into that gym I hope on that scale. They also have measuring tape and an electronic body fat calculator so I use those as well. I figure with my 'triple threat' measuring system I am sure to get the most complete information.
Closed Thread