South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 04:19 AM   #1  

Unhappy Need Advice

I first did South Beach last May, I lost 8 pounds on phase 1 (without exercise) and then 3 or 4 more on the 1st 2 weeks of phase 2.

After a successful first month, I got bored, just the thought of waking up to eggs made me want to throw up (sorry!).

So I started seeing a nutritionist and started a low cal diet, the problem now is I got bored of this one too. I'm cheating and the cravings are terrible. Plus the weight loss is much slower than in SB.

I want to go back to SB one more time, but I'm really not sure.

Sometimes I think, why cut back on carbs when I can still eat them and lose weight, other times I think after phase 1 I really did feel I was in control of my cravings, and by phase 2 I still can eat good carbs.

I'm fed up of switching between diets, when I know it shouldn't be a diet but a lifestyle change.

I think I'm looking at this the wrong way, and I'm missing something, but I'm not sure what that is!
Old 12-26-2005, 09:23 AM   #2  

It sounds like boredom is your main problem. Do you like to cook? If so, treat yourself to a new cookbook, or find some good recipes online (here even!) Read the forums to find posts about non-egg breakfasts. Find a way to keep it interesting, whatever plan you are on.

I like to look at all my diet experience, success and lack of it, as my education. Learn as much as you can about nutrition, exercise, your own body and its response to different stresses, then move ahead with the plan that suits you, even if it is a hybrid of several plans.

Best of luck! These boards will probably be buzzing after the New Year's resolutions kick in, so that should help keep things interesting!
Old 12-26-2005, 09:37 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, food should not be boring. Try some of the recipes in our Forum. Taco Bake seems to be the alltime favourite!

Have you considered counting calories AND eating the Phase II way? Phase I is basically to detox and many people lose weight on Phase II especially if they have been dieting before. By the way, be sure your calories don't go below 1200. Lots of us use www.fitday.com to track them.

Keeping a journal of your feelings - not just your food - is also helpful.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:51 PM   #4  

I was bored in the beginning as well. High fiber cereals in skimmed milk are good for phase 2. 1 slice of whole wheat peanut butter toast is also good.
There is also a good recipe for a bisquik substitute here. From that you can make biscuits and pancakes to enjoy with sugar free syrup. (log cabin is my favorite).

Once I learned to change of few of my favorite recipes so that they were SB friendly, life became much better. Planning ahead is the best way to add variety and stay on phase.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:21 PM   #5  
Who needs sleep?

I'm easily bored, too, and I have always had a hard time with eating breakfast because I hate breakfast food. So I just treat it like any other meal (leftovers or whatever). I do sometimes eat a "real" breakfast with eggs etc, but since I don't eat like that except when I want to, I don't get tired of it.

Hope that helps - good luck!
Closed Thread