South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 06:39 AM   #1  
gotta lose it!

Default Manic Monday chat

Good morning everyone!! It's cold here, just drinking some H2O & eating some mock oatmeal. I'm getting ready to do to work. Retail & holiday time...my favorite - NOT!
I started exercising again....a hour last night on the gazelle. I recently founf out that my 63 yr old dad was exercising more than me.....I can't let that happen!
Well off to work...have a great day everyone!!
Old 12-12-2005, 06:58 AM   #2  

soon2bfab- Good morning! Congrats on starting exercise again. You can do it! Eeck! Retail. The people are mad out there. Try to stay calm and realize they are just crazy and don't realize what they are doing. LOL

As for me! I'm at work early to get some work done, b/c I have a workout class scheduled today. I tried really hard to bow out, but DH kept coming up with ways I could make it happen. It's a square on my bingo, but it is another cycling class. My butt is still sore from the last cycling class. Oh, well, I'm commited now. There is one more cycling class on my bingo card that I have saved for next week. It's over an hour long... I'm not in that much shape...yet.

I bought my New Years dress yesterday. I was so excited. I didn't get as small as I would like, but I know it is coming. I moved my ticker down 2 more pounds. I can't believe that I could do that b/c I should be bloated due to an upcoming TOM. Oh and when I weighed with just my bathing suit on this weekend, it said 154. I am seeing the light at the end of my tunnel to get out of the 150's. Soon there will not be an extra 50 weight on the scale.

Well, better get some work done! Everyone have a sunny day!
Old 12-12-2005, 07:10 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning~~

BRRR!! It's c-c-c-old here!! I'm eating oatmeal with slivered almonds and raisins in hot lf milk.

I've been feeling energy deprived and I know it's b/c I haven't been getting enough veggies. It's really hard to get back on track when I've been away for so long. It's like everything I know evaporated from my brain. KWIM???

So today, I'm having vegetable soup for lunch and tonight for dinner I'm making buckwheat yakisoba--buckwheat noodles with beef and veggies, stirfried with a worcestershire sauce.

I'm also going to make a committment to drinking my hot lemon/lime water again.

Dana, good for you for keeping your committment to exercise. That's one of the most difficult for me. But when I was going to the gym, I loved cycling. I could go for half an hour at a stretch--which was GOOD for me!

Soon2B, congrats to you, also, on the exercise. That's great that you're getting back into it.

Now I feel ashamed that I'm not doing more.

Well, gotta go get dressed and ready to go stick some victims.

You all have a great day on the Beach!
Old 12-12-2005, 07:58 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Cold and still snowing here too, I now put a jacket on over my robe before I go downstairs. I must invest in a programmable thermostat.

Soon, I cannot imagine working retail this time of year! I would have to bite my tongue a lot, I'm afraid. Strength to you!

Good going, Djett! Your hard work is paying off. What does the dress look like?

Mamacita, I am going to do the hot water and lemon thing too. Boy, not eating enough veggies sure does zap our energy levels! I'm sipping a glass of the dreaded V8 as I type and finally remembered my multi-vitamin.

I am forcing myself to get into the Christmas spirit this week. Without Harry here, it's hard to get up the will to decorate and I am not having my big after Church bash on Christmas Eve. I did order a tree - pre-lit - and may gain a bit of enthusiasm when that arrives. I finished my cards last night, had my traditional Christmas drink of Campari and soda and listened to the Messiah - that helped a bit. The Girls were very cuddly and enjoyed time in the parlour with me - that's usually out of bounds for them.

I had planned to go visit Harry today but the snow may screw that! I will be getting snow tires this week, I hope, which will make me feel safer on those hilly roads. Poor Harry hasn't had a visit since before my operation and I'm feeling very guilty.

OK - I'll wash my hair, put on my reindeer earrings and Christmas up!

What's happening on your shore space?
Old 12-12-2005, 08:39 AM   #5  

TIS Another Beeeee-U-T-Ful Day here in Holly Springs!!!

Soon: GAWD LUV ya..RETAIL!!! This time of year... I would need to Punch in- dispense 2 Valium Please!

DJETT: I know you are gonna get that Bingo! And congrats on yer loss!!!

Mama: I hope yer brain starts to work again.-- please at least remember where the veins are when ya stick yer victims..Moohaha!

Ruth: Tis a year of change for you .. and change tis hard... I hope decorating will help lift yer spirits.

I went with my gfren'"personal trainer" this morn to the gym...seems when you go at like 5:30 no one checks yer membership...so I still have 1 visit left on my coupon that I'm milking... heh heh... We took took a basic step class --my first in like 10 years.. I actually use to be a gymbunny.. And forgot how much I loved step classes. I was the oldest , fattest cow there .. I also was the most "oddly" dressed.. ****, a pair of old spandexy black shiny blubber huggin pants, old dirty sneaks, and a HUGE oversized Tee shirt that has the "Lost in Space" space ship and logo from that old 60's show.. Who knew that ya wear MATCHING "Yoga" pants/top...with new silvery or pink Nikes.. Sheesh! But Thankfully one of the good things about getting older is ya just don't give a damn anymore!! I managed to keep up...Thanks to my original instructor who once said " I really thought you were hopelessly uncoordinated, but I'm proud of you - you mastered knowing yer right from left foot" We then stopped at this quaint cafe for breakfast..Swiss cheese omelette and fresh fruit....sat in the window and watched the morning hustle and bustle..Today I need to finish my homemade gifts to get them in the mail this week.... Dinner - ham steaks, steamed cauliflower and unsweetened applesauce!
Old 12-12-2005, 08:55 AM   #6  
Who needs sleep?

We had planned to start ph1 over today, but I've been so tired and sick, that I decided to take a recoup day yesterday. I slept almost the entire day (I must have really needed it!), so I didn't get my grocery shopping done. No food = no phase 1 today. DS and I'll go shopping today and start ph1 tomorrow instead. What's 1 day between friends, anyway?

Got my final essay back from my expository writing class - another A! The assignment was to revise a previous essay - much harder than it sounds. I revised my first essay, since I felt that probably needed the most work. At any rate, she liked the revision.

Last edited by H-ko; 12-12-2005 at 09:16 AM.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:00 AM   #7  

Good morning all! Well, it's not quite as cold here as it was last week, actually skated out of the house without a coat and it was pretty pleasant.

I actually worked out this weekend!!!! My schedule is so crazy and promising to get crazier, when I get motivated to study for the Bar that I've determined that the bulk of my workouts, i.e. weight training will take place Friday through Sunday. That way I'm not packing on things that I can't accomplish during the workweek.

I'm also in the process of cleaning and re-organizing my apt. This is a feat within itself, I started yesterday and it continues. I have an incredible amount of stuff, a 628 sq. ft. apt. and only two closets, my bedroom walk-in and the patio storage. I figured that the whole apt. wouldn't be done in one day, so I did what I could yesterday and then am devoted 1 hr. an evening on each room. So, by Friday I should be done with my re-organization and cleaning and I can begin to crack some books and not be freaked out by the never-ending clutter surrounding me.

On the food side, everything is going pretty well. I'm not stressing and I am getting what others have said, that this is a doable way of life. It's not a huge departure, if at all from the way we are supposed to be eating and I truly don't feel deprived. I'm not sure about lbs. lost, but I do know that a pair of pants that I bought 3-4 weeks ago, are now baggy and loose in the waist today!

Planning on doing two 15 minutes walks w/co-workers a day, in addition to slipping in another 20-30 minutes of cardio in the evening. Exercise is definitely key to reach my goals. So my laziness must be stomped on!!!!
Old 12-12-2005, 09:05 AM   #8  

BTW, I tried the pancakes from the recipe thread, for Sunday breakfast. Yum, with Smuckers sugar free breakfast syrup and country crock light! So good and so not heavy their flour-based counterparts! Kudos to whomever came up w/that!
Old 12-12-2005, 09:17 AM   #9  
Who needs sleep?

Had to run off to find clothes for DH (who is NOT a morning person!!) - so now I can add the rest of my post!

soon - I know what you mean! My dad is in his 60's too, and he's in way better shape than me! He lives on a hill in the woods, and goes for a walk every day - at least 30 minutes, if possible. The most exercise I get is grocery shopping and housework!

djett - congrats on both the nsv and the sv(?)!

mama - don't be ashamed! I'm probably the laziest one on this board!

Ruth - hope the roads stay clear for you - and Harry! It's amazing what a difference the decorations can make, though - hope they cheer you up!

Schatzi - you are such an inspiration!

txlawchick - congrats on the nsv!
Old 12-12-2005, 09:26 AM   #10  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

The sun is shinning and we have power again YIPEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Gee I missed you guys. It was 27 hrs of no power. Luckily we had heat from our insert in our fireplace,that kept us warm.

On Friday after coming out of the Senior Center, the black clouds were lowering from the sky and the debree from the streets started to blow in a funnel type hit my cars windshield. When I got home the winds almost took off my car door when opening to get out to get the mail.Winds were reported to being 90 MPH.Got to my house and within minutes the snows came along with the wind for 15 minutes and than the power went out.

We lost all our dairy[from Thursdays Food Shopping] in the frig so yesterday I was busy throwing all the dairy out,as it was bad and stunk.Today we're going shopping to replace the items.

The only good thing about the stupid storm, is that we didn't eat and I lost 1 lb. But that was a **** of a way to lose it. Some people weren't as lucky as we were. Lots of trees falling down on houses and fires all over the place.

Have to go, will post later. Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 12-12-2005 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:28 AM   #11  

It seemed almost warm this morning compared to last week. I do have my gym bag packed and in the car and I WILL stop on the way home from work. I'm down to the lowest weight I have been in awhile this morning so I think this modified phase 1 is working. I'm doing Taco Bake for dinner which I haven't had in a long time.

I need to look through some recipes to see what I can bring to work for our potluck on Thursday. I might make a SF cobbler. The guy that normally makes cobbler (with sugar), moved this year. The company is providing meat, cheese and vegetable trays.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:30 AM   #12  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning Chicks!

I'm still happy about my 3 pound whoosh this weekend. Feels good. I even skipped dinner with the family last night cause there really wasn't anything positive to eat. Plus I would have overeaten anyway. So I had approximately 900 calories yesterday - which isn't enough - but I'll make sure to eat well today.

I have a busy running day so take care chicks!
Old 12-12-2005, 10:14 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Good mornin' ya'll

Hope everybody is doing great. We had a hectic weekend. Inlaws had their Christmas dinner-gift giving evening Fri. Saturday DH & I finished shopping, no more going out to the malls, dept stores, yeah . Then Sat night was DH company party, it's more of a redneck palooza, I hate to admit it but I fit in well. Occasionally the redneck comes out in me and I love it!! Had a lot of compliments about the way I look now, everybody was so nice, I usually only see these people 2-3 times a year and the last time was in June after I first started SBD. So they made my night. I drank a bit too much and ate off op a bit. But I danced all night and I sure felt it in my legs yesterday and even this morning. I hope that doesn't mean I'm getting old But back op today, didn't do too bad yesterday. You know how the hotels have their "breakfasts" well I ate cereal for the first time in months and man was it good. So like I said back on track today, I don't feel bad about what I ate this weekend cause it's the holiday and it's nothing I can fix this week, only gained about 3 lbs, so its doable.

Ya'll have a great day,
Old 12-12-2005, 10:23 AM   #14  

Quick Question: Did all of you big "losers" lose your weight solely on SBD?

H-ko: What is "nsv"? Thank you, whatever it is!!!!
Old 12-12-2005, 10:30 AM   #15  
RNMOM

Default Hiya, Happy Monday

Wow, everyone sounds so busy for so early in the AM, well, early here. Been off and on here for the past couple of weeks. Not doing any strict eating right now at all and I'm just trying to keep my head above water until this week is over. Pathophysiology final, dinner party for my dh's boss and co-workers that I'm hosting, shopping......you all know the drill. You are all busier than moi!

It's nice to read the posts, looks like you are all behaving yourselves and there's some new chickies too

I'm off to study! Take care all~!
Closed Thread