South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 07:15 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Tuesday on the Beach 11/29

Good morning, Chickies~~

Can't believe no one started the thread, so here it is.

Had a nice Thanksgiving Weekend. Spent Thursday here, but went to visit family on Friday. Came home Sunday, and enroute we stopped in Dalton, GA, which is the carpet capital of the country. At the outlet store, we found some nice berber carpet for $4.99 yd. When I come home on December 16, I'll have new carpet!

My experiment with the veggies worked great! Last night I ate some granola-type cereal and had no ill effects from that, so....

I'M BACK ON THE BEACH!!

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 11-29-2005, 07:41 AM   #2  

JEEZ LOUISE it's a balmy 64 degrees here .. windyish and raining. ..Good Mornin' Mamacita!!! So glad you had a nice holiday..and new Carpet Whoo hooo... Christmas comes early for Mama! hmmm and what is this Grand Veggie Experiment mama? DISH IT!

Yesterday was Day 1 for Phase 1 for me: All went well... need to up my water intake though..More running about hitting the stores shopping. . I hope to get it all done this week so that I can spend next week crafting.

Have a great day everybody!!!!!
Old 11-29-2005, 07:48 AM   #3  

Just when you are feeling a little down something great happens to boost you up.
At least I think it is great. I am honestly still getting my head around it. I have been invited as a guest speaker to talk about my part in our school peace project at the Annual Canadian National Day of Rememberance&Action on Violence Against Women. It is in Memory of the 14 women killed in Montreal on this date( Dec 6).It is in a small city 15 min from here hosting for all the rural centres in the area.
I am beyond overwhelmed and when asked it was just assumed I would do it. I think I will but it is a lot to take in. I am having trouble thinking I have anything to offer to this. It is a meaningful event. I am honoured.The motto of the event is “First mourn.Then work for change.” I am speaking on the “work for change” and talking about our project at school and how our goal is to have a community trained in peaceful ways of communication and the potential for the adults these children could become.

Food yesterday was all about pasta.sigh. Today is a fresh start and I will focus better.

I am going to take my hubby up to the diner for dinner with a gift certificate I got at the auction last week. I will have my helper here for the aft and will ask her to stay with our 2. We need to connect. He had been busy with hockey too.

HUGS Ladies.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:59 AM   #4  

Good Morning ladies!

I am sleepy this morning. I stayed up late watching TV. I should have went to bed. I ate okay yesturday, but I definitely need to do some work on my veggies. Water wasn't as good as it should have been either. *sigh*

No gym last night, but I did play this video game I bought over the weekend. It is Jackie Chan's boxing workout. And, let me tell you it is a workout. I played some this weekend and my arms are telling me that I actually worked out. I also bought this one that has a mat on hit and you follow him on the screen, but have to hit the steps just right to make these little balls falling down hit right. Anyways, I did about 20 minutes total on both. DS discovered that I was doing it and it ended the play for me. I think that these games are a fun way to get a little workout in when I can't go to the gym. But, for tonight, dinner is made and it is back to step class for me!!! I am so pleased with myself for sticking with the exercising. I REALLY want to look good in my New Year's Dress!

Gotta get some work done! Everyone have a sunny day!
Old 11-29-2005, 09:01 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! It's a new era around here! The Girls have been sleeping in as Ralph is laid off and doesn't start his noisy truck! I actually slept until 7:15this morning although I was up at 3 for Tylenol.

Mamacita, I'm glad the old internal tubing is starting to accept veggies and other good stuff. What a long bout you've had! Don't push it, OK?

Schatzi, we have balmy weather too! All our snow is gone and we are back to mud! It's 42ºF right now and going up into the mid-fifties. I will try to get a few of the last batten-down-the-hatches pre-winter jobs done today. Bonus!

Hollyhock, you should feel honoured! We have a remembrance service for the Montreal Massacre this weekend. As usual, I get to read aloud the names of the murdered women - je suis bilingue, tu sais! - and choke up every time I do it. I like the fact that you are speaking to the future. We can only grieve for so long and it's then time to move on.

The stitches are out and my doc has had some stern words with me. I guess I should have been spending more time off my feet. Anyhow the whole healing thing will take until "around Christmas" so I'll just have to be patient. Yes, I'm discouraged but intend to rise above it. There is no way I can stay off my feet and still have a life so I'll compromise. I splurged on a cane - a pretty paisley one - and will use it as much as I can when moving around. I'll also have rest periods during the day. Dr. Jack gave me a grin and a hug and said, "I know you but do the best you can!" I love my PCP!

My sister and BIL are bringing dinner on Friday but I do have Cousins Ian and Peter coming for Saturday night dinner and maybe a sleep-over. Luckily I have a beef roast I can do and will throw together a pie or two using frozen pie shells! The sleepover is no problem unless Peter (RCMP) brings his horse!

Time for a little "rest" with ice on the knee and the heating pad on the sore thigh muscles. Maybe a coffee and a New Yorker "so as not to be feelin' I'se wastin' me time". Feeling Irish this morning - must be the drugs!
Old 11-29-2005, 09:03 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Djett, we were posting at the same time. Good for you with sticking to the exercise. I am joining you in working on getting more veggies and drinking water. Two cups of H2O so far today - I need to get with it!
Old 11-29-2005, 09:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

We're having balmy weather here, too. Very windy and overcast, with rain due tonight and tomorrow. I had another run-in with peanut butter yesterday, I just have no will-power around that stuff! I punished myself by not having supper to make up the calories, but I can't keep doing that. At least my scale was friendly to me this morning - I haven't gained any weight over the holiday. Oh well, enough of that.
How's everyone doing on their holiday shopping? It seems to me the stores are relatively empty so far. I was out a little on Friday and again Sunday, and there were no crowds at all. But I'm only halfway done. I keep asking for wishlists so I know what to buy, but so far no one has given me theirs. It's so hard to shop for people anymore.
I don't have any plans today except picking up the kids from school and babysitting the rest of the day. I'm thinking of making a meatloaf for supper with sauteed red cabbage and some broccoli w/ cheese sauce.
Mamacita, lucky you, new carpeting! We need carpeting for the guest room but it will have to wait.
Schatzi, have fun shopping and don't forget to drink your water!
Hollyhock, congratulations on the speaking request! What an honor, I'm sure you'll be great at it! Have a nice dinner with hubby tonight.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Wow, there were 3 of us posting at the same time!

Djett, way to go with the exercising! Since I've been going to Curves, I've been losing weight a lot faster. I really makes a difference!

Ruth, I'm glad your getting a chance to sleep in these days. Sorry it's taking so long for your knee to stop hurting. Healing is a long process, and I hope by Christmas you are feeling much, much better.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:35 AM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all

Just a drive by before my meeting with the Pres in 30 minutes and I have to prepare! Thanks for all the comments on our pictures you said you wanted to stay in the loop!

Hope you all have an OP day!
Old 11-29-2005, 10:08 AM   #10  

cottage- Yes, exercise makes a difference. I haven't been losing lately though. I wouldn't say that I am on a plateu b/c I haven't been eating properly. But, I think that the exercise is what has helped me maintain when I have a lapse in my senses.

Ruth- just 20 ounces down so far, but I'm going after my 2nd bottle. Now, if I could just stay out of the bathroom long enough to get some work done today. LOL
Old 11-29-2005, 10:13 AM   #11  

Morning, gals! I did make it to the gym and that felt so good. I enjoyed doing the elliptical although it was hard to go out into the cold afterwards. I did manage one little victory yesterday. I had to go the the cafeteria to break a $20 to give Brian his allowance. I stared at the cake they had and got a Diet Coke instead. Then I didn't go to the grocery store on the way home when I knew I was hungry. I went this morning after a good breakfast and didn't get anything that wasn't on my list.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:17 AM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi ladies
Works been so busy I'm slackin off for 2 minutes. Jen your pics are beautiful I could see the love coming through my puter screen Ruth if the muscles in your knee get tight maybe some icy hot or a heating pad away from the incision.
Holly! That's amazing! I'm so proud of you!
(pardon my ignorance but what is the montreal massacre?)
Mama I have new carpet too
Dana that sounds like fun!!!
Schatz I think I'm going back to defcon 1 tommorrow
I bought this international coffee mix (sf) while it tastes really good it makes me crave sugar
Its getting donated to someone else!
I made a really good and phase 2 dinner last night Pork loin and salad with some WW Cous Cous
the prob was I checked the nutritionals and the serving was 1/3 cup dry I made 2/3 cup dry and it would have been enough for 4 or me my GF and a hungry DH
so how are you supposed to figure it?
don't mind me I'm having a sugar headache!
Alright back to work!
Kierie
Old 11-29-2005, 10:17 AM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Barb woohoo that is a true Nonscale victory!
to quote JAnet JAckson "Control!"
Old 11-29-2005, 10:28 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Here's the info on the Montreal Massacre. It was Canada's Kent State with many differences. We'd better not get into a discussion here or we'll be into politics!
Old 11-29-2005, 11:26 AM   #15  
Kyemom

Morning girls!! Good to be back here on the beach....
Ruth...Sorry about your leg...what happened..uess I need to catch up.
Jenn- Cute pics!!!
Dana- u go girl....I asked DJ for one of those PS2 games that has a dance mat..to work out on...for Christmas!!!
Schatzi- Missed u crazy girl.
Pear- Rats ok?
Kierie-Where did u find WW couscous?
Me-- I am back on Phase 1...drank wine last night, forgot that is not Phase 1....so have to do better today. My new puppy will be here in 2 weeks...I am so excited. He is flying from Arizona!!!!!!! School is going great. Next week is final exam time...I will be glad for a few weeks off before next semester. I need to go get some water.
Closed Thread