South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 06:31 AM   #1  
Just getting started...

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Manic Monday - daily chat

Good morning, Everyone!

I am hoping today turns out well. It's Day 1 back on Phase 1 for me... but I'm ready to go!

My tuxedo cat, Tux, isn't feeling well and I'm very worried about him. My husband wants to give him a day or two to see how he gets along, but the mommy in me just wants it fixed now. He's just lying around and not doing anything. Totally not him. The other 2 cats are like wow, where's tux? No one to play with!

Had a busy weekend, so I wasn't really able to post at all. We had our Senior Night at the football game (we won! off to playoffs we go! - we are also the defending State champs for class 3A). Adam looked so handsome. It made me get all teary knowing that was his last football performance (he plays the tuba). Saturday he had his SAT in the morning and then my husband had to drive like a demon to get him to the school in time to leave for his last band competition. They took 2nd in their class and 8th overall. We don't understand how they could take 2nd in their class, though, when they scored 1st place in 4 of the 5 categories and 2nd place in the 5th category. It makes no sense! But they were very satisfied with their performance, even taking 8th overall (they usually are 1st or 2nd - on occasion 3rd). I'm looking forward to getting the DVD of their performance. While they were at the band competition, my best friend (she drove up from Atlanta) and I went to an all day scrapbooking crop. Love those things - even though I only got 12 pages done, and wasn't really happy with the ones that I did.

Anyway, guess I'd better get myself off of here and get ready for work.

Day 1, here I come!!!!

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 11-07-2005, 07:54 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Morning~~

I got "virused" yesterday. Spent all day in bed achy, chills, fever and sinuses that felt like water balloons. I'm a little better today, and I have to go to work, since there's no one to fill in for me. I'm sure later on this morning, I'll wish I were dead, but one must keep on keeping on.

Diva, sorry about your kitty. If he's been laying around for a few days, he definitely has something going on and it's better to get it checked out than to just leave it. We have a tuxedo Manx. His name is Toby. Love him to bits.

Okay, gotta get my hair dried. Have a great day on the Beach everyone!
Old 11-07-2005, 08:04 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! It's NOT raining for a change and I have the sheets hanging out on the line. I hope they dry before the next deluge!

Sorry to hear about your Tux, Diva. I'd be off to the vet with him too.

Mamacita, you won't be doing anybody a favour going to work with the sickies! Can I persuade you to go back to bed? The world will go on without you.

I had a lovely evening with my neighbour Liz and friends and family. It's so nice to be able to just walk up the hill for dinner instead of driving somewhere. I really don't enjoy driving at night and after a glass or two of wine...... Liz went overboard with meat! She had salmon, a beef roast, a crockpot chicken and a big steak! Carnivore heaven! I managed OK and skipped the blueberry pie I brought along.

This morning I'm off to the clinic for footcare at 9 and then will tackle more jobs around here. My operation day is looming! This week I need to spend a day at the hospital for tests and will have to arrange for Rob to pop in to let the Girls out around noon.

Better get cracking, Have a Beachy Keen Day!
Old 11-07-2005, 08:17 AM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Aileen, I hope Tux feels better very soon! Lots of prayers and healing vibes going out to him! {{{{{Tux}}}}}}} Your weekend sounds hectic, but fun. It must be a bittersweet time for you and your son...Senior year is so full of emotions! Glad you had fun at the crop...I'm going on a scrapbook retreat next Spring...three days of nothing but scrapping, eating, and hanging out. We each get an 8 foot table to ourselves! Should be a blast!

Mama, you poor dear! I hope that you feel much better soon! Lots of tea (or other hot drinks), saline spray, and Tylenol Sinus are what get me through when my darned sinuses are killing me. Hope your day passes quickly and you can get back into bed soon!

Ruth, I hope you have a bright and beautiful day...we're having an unexpected heat wave here, but there was a horrendous t-storm last night, complete with tornados south of us. Today looks lovely, though. Enjoy the foot care and I hope the hospital tests are fast and painless. Glad you had a good time last night. Did Liz think you were on Atkins? That's a lot of meat!!!

Me:
Did my workout at the gym this morning...felt so good to be 'back on schedule'...hope it lasts longer than just today, though! Only made it through 11 mins on the elliptical. I've been out of asthma meds for two weeks because our mail order pharmacy was having trouble getting them due to the hurricanes. I could really tell the difference...I've only had my Advair for three days now, and I was having a really, really hard time breathing on the elliptical! I wish I'd done more, but I have an hour-long ballet class tonight, which isn't cardio, but it's still movement.

We're going on a long weekend trip this weekend, starting Thursday morning, so I'm trying to get things together for that. Need to do my shopping and such today and hopefully sew my elastics on my ballet slippers...tried to wear them without last class and they kept falling off.

Have a great day, chickies!!!
Old 11-07-2005, 08:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Diva, Congratulations to your son! My DD was the drum major for her marching band, and I really enjoyed going to the competitions. Those days are long gone now. Hope Tux is OK, let your "mommy" instincts guide you, and have a great OP day on Phase 1.

Mamacita, feel better soon sweetie! Are you sure you can't just stay home?

Ruth, glad you had an enjoyable dinner with friends last night. When is your knee surgery? I hope all goes well for you.

Well, I made my new cheesecake recipe yesterday, but I'm not sure whether I should post it or not, as the recipe called for 6 eggs and 2 yolks (I skipped the yolks & it was fine), and took just over 3 1/2 hours to bake! I had a small slice of it for breakfast this morning (since it's my birthday!) and it was really good. There's a great recipe for a Breakfast Cheesecake posted already, but if anyone wants my recipe, let me know and I'll be happy to post it.

I don't really know what my day will be like. I thought I'd be babysitting efarly since the kids have off school today, but she hasn't called me yet, so I'll just wait. She's a doctor and has late afternoon and evening hours on Mondays, so I usually don't go in til noon or so. I could be cleaning the house, but I think I'm just going to curl up and read for a while. Supper is just going to be leftover lasagna, since we celebrated with dinner out on Saturday with DD.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:38 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, Beachgal!!
Old 11-07-2005, 08:38 AM   #7  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

New Day New Week,Wishing everyone a great beach week.To those who are going back to Phase 1 stay as long until the craving stop no longer.Remember what Dr.A. said that Phase 1 is not a crutch to lose weight faster.Its meant for craving alone. Going back to Phase 2,go back very slowly with the grain product group.I was on phase 2 for quite a while 2 years,& thats where I got into trouble,adding to much to fast. Right now I eatting only ONE grain group per day and I'm losing again.That my advice. take it or ignore it .Well,its up to you.
GETTING OFF OF THE SOAP BOX.

Nothing new around here, the weather is simply beautiful. Going down to the beach and do some walking.Tomorrow have alot planned stating off with a Senior Volunteer Luncheon and than off to a local nursing home to do some singing.

Divi40-Sorry to hear about your cat. With the busy weekend hope your not stressed.Good luck in Phase 1.

Mamamcita-Ughhh Take it easy today,and you don't want the viruses to return.

Ruth-Happy to hear you didn't have to drive.It nice to have a friend near by. I don't like driving a night either with the glare from the headlights.To hard on the eyes.Sending prayers in advance for a sucessful operation.

Hugs BB
Old 11-07-2005, 08:40 AM   #8  
beachbum

Hi Beach Gal & Cottage Have a great day Hugs BB
Old 11-07-2005, 08:50 AM   #9  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good Morning, chicks! I agree with bb about P2. One grain and one or two fruits a day is all I can do and still lose. Some day's I skip the grain totally. I'd never skip on fruit cause I'm paranoid of getting cancer but I think it does cause me cravings easier than grains do. If I'm having a meal thats higher in good carbs than usual, like the Chicken Tagine, I just eat P1 for the rest of the day. Seems to work. I've also been reading up on the glycemic index and it really works to eat low GI carbs. When I eat steel cut oats in the morning I'm satisfied for hours, even if I add fruit. I bought some rolled barley to try to make into a morning cereal when I'm done w/ a repeat of P1 in a few days. I love barley. It has such a sweet yummy flavor.

Last night for dinner I made Curried Zucchini Soup and Indian Chicken from the new cookbook. Yummy! The soup was so filling even though it was basically just zucchini and broth. The indian chicken was nice and spicy without being too overpowering. THere's cauliflower florets in there which came out so delicious. I highly recommend if you like ethnic type of foods. On P2 the indian chicken over brown basmati rice would be yummy.

Have a great day, ladies!! I'll check back later today. Welcome to the new chicks!!
Old 11-07-2005, 08:59 AM   #10  

Good morning!

I was bad this weekend. I am PMSing and lost all sense. But, as Beach Bum said this is a "new day, new week". I am just going to take it day by day.

OMG! One of my co-workers brought in some turkey roll ups on ww tortillas. I had some for breakfast. They were so good. He cut them up so they looked like little appetizers. They had lite french onion laughing cow cheese. They tasted sooo much better than eggs. I am getting so tired of eggs.

I FINALLY went grocery shopping. Now I have everything that I need to stay on program. And again as BeachBum said it is up to me.

Well, I am off to get some work done!
Old 11-07-2005, 09:20 AM   #11  
gotta lose it!

Good morning chicks...quick drive by...I have to get ready for my visit with dad....see you guys on Weds!! Have a great OP day!
Old 11-07-2005, 09:27 AM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Just a quickie Work work work
Back oP after losing my beachtowel Movingi is a PAIN! bbl to talk more
Boss in the aisle!
Old 11-07-2005, 09:47 AM   #13  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Morning ladies! Feeling cheery this morning for a change! This weekend was wonderful. Friday night we went out and had Mexican with the Sunday School class. Saturday night we went to the symphony and yesterday was church and tidying and etc! I made my sweetie chocolate chip cookies and ate some dough....for some reason my head thinks if I just eat dough and no cookies it doesn't count. dumb....

This morning started with my favorite breakfast of 1/2 a whole wheat bagel, 2 slices of canadian bacon, and one egg. That is usually my yummy Saturday brunch but I actually had time to make it this morning! I have issues on Saturday because I barely eat...it's so strange.

ANYWAY, have a wonderful day chickies!
Jessie
Old 11-07-2005, 10:52 AM   #14  

MARVELOUS MONDAY Chickabooms!!!!..

Diva: Hope Tux just has a little bug to get over... and Congrats to yer band , they done well!!! Hope DS scores well on those SATs

Mama: Darlin' Am I gonna have to Come to JOEJAH to get you better???? You Stay PUT!!! Chicken Soup fer you and Tea!!!

Ruth: S L O W D O W N !!! You're a mini Tornado!!!! Watch that Knee!

BG: Wow you're a regular exercise Queen!!!!! GO GO GO!!!

Pearseydew: hmmmm barley...may haveta try that too!
Djett: That's one of my favorites... LLC spreaded on Turkey..YUMOLAH!!! Great for Ph1 and adding the tortilla... for Ph2~!

All you other Chicks A BIG HI!!! and have a GREAAAAAT DAY!!!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2005, 11:10 AM   #15  
Will work for yarn!

Good morning Beach Babes!

Diva, I am right there with you on Day 1 of Phase 1, again.

Last week my eating habits were attrocious. It started with the Halloween haul my boys brought home, and ended with a fancy schmancy dinner on Friday night. I gained 2.5 pounds last week. EEEK.

But, I'm back with my feet planted firmly in the sand. I have some Beach-friendly meals planned for today, plus I have plans for going grocery shopping tonight to make sure that we stay on track this week. I will lose those 2.5 pounds this week, and then some. Like it was said before my post, today is a new day, and the start of a new week.

Have a great day ladies!
Closed Thread