South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 06:18 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Chat - November 1

Well, that part of the scary holiday is over. I had 46 children which is a record and all my chocolate is gone. I have cheesies and Doritos left but am not tempted by them.

How did things go at your place last night?
Old 11-01-2005, 06:29 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning~~

We didn't have any kids last night as we turned off the porch light. Reason being, the kids in our neighborhood have grown up and have gone from cute kidlets to scary teenagers. Since our neighbors have gotten their cars broken into several times, DD's car has been broken into, DH's gas has been siphoned and someone has attempted to jimmy our garage door, we just don't trust the little boogers anymore. KWIM???

Not much going on here this morning. Not freezing cold, just a very cool 48*. Feels nice and toasty in here with the space heater running.

Gotta get my shower and some breakfast.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:00 AM   #3  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good Morning! I didn't even buy candy so I wasn't tempted at all. I live on the third floor of a walk-up so I didn't want to be going up and down 3 flights of stairs...but as you would have it, noone even rang the door bell. This is a college neighborhood so I guess we don't get very many kids around here although I did see one family trick-or-treating lastnight.

I changed my ticker to show the two more pounds I lost. I missed my goal by 3 lbs. but it's nice to see the weight slowly going down over the last several months. It helps put all the ups and downs of the fat-0-meter in perspective.

The new babies are doing great. Alfred and I had some cuddle time this morning so we could get to now each other better. In a minute I'll take Percival out for some cuddles too. So far they love blueberries and broccoli and they don't want anything to do with a dried apricot. My dog is very interested and wines at their cage. The rats seem interested in her and when I have them out they sniff noses and don't hide or act scared at all. My cat couldn't care less and other than the first night hasn't even looked the way of the cage. I ordered a cage online and with shipping and everything it cost $94! Yikes! But it's a good large cage and I will have it for a while.

Ruth: Good job resisting temptation. I would devour the cheesies and doritos in no time. Whats on your menu today? Your food always sound so delish!!
Mamacita: It's pretty mild here today too. I didn't even turn on the heater today too. Have a great day!!

Everyone else: ! Have a beachin' day!!!

Last edited by pearshape; 11-01-2005 at 07:01 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-01-2005, 07:31 AM   #4  

Evening chickies

You all sound like you managed to steer clear for Halloween - great work!

Today was yet another study day.. didn't actually achieve too much to be honest But I did eat well so that is a bonus... even managed to sneak some exercise in.

I am off to hit the sheets.... have a great day
Old 11-01-2005, 07:38 AM   #5  

I had the most childruns in a 3 hour span than in 6 years in Joisey. Alas, I still have candy left over and seriously considering just tossing it... cuz " I hear voices"... no matter how far or deep I bury crap food.. it calls out to me...."Oh Schatzi, come eat meeeeee."..or a seemingly random point of fact will interupt my thought process... "Yes, Sue, We need to get the testing done for (there're ringdings in the closet) the program enhancement.. " SEE! Insidious demon thoughts! Well, I've been totally off plan for the last 3 weeks... Today I will be on plan and take it a day or meal at a time till Stella get's her groove back..
Pearsydew: Gotta a new pet? or are they lab meeses?
Hi Ruth
Mamacita: I think you should knit yerself a Crazy lady hat with ear flaps... and wear old combat boots.. and wave a shotgun (unloaded of course) telling them hoodlums " GIT OFFA MY PRO-PUR-DY ya Varmints! That'll teach um!
Latah
Old 11-01-2005, 07:43 AM   #6  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hey Schatzi! We missed you lately! I have 2 new furbabies, very much pets! No experimentation going on with these boys. My friend "resuced" two rats from a teacher she claims didn't take care of them and now I have them. They're names are Percival and Alfred. They're still babies. I'll post pics as soon as I get some. Cute little vermin, I must say!!
Old 11-01-2005, 07:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning all! We had a little over 100 kids last night! Jake sat out on the porch and handed out the goodies while I took the 2 little ones I babysit for over to my GD's to go Trick or Treating with her. The girls I nanny live out on a farm with no close neighbors, so this was the first time they actually went door-to-door, and they had a blast, even the 2yr old! I wasn't even tempted by the candy - partly due to the stomach upset I've had the past few days. I'm pretty sure it was caused by eating some SF Russell Stover candy on Saturday. I will NEVER touch that stuff again! It was delicious but my body sure didn't like it! I've been to Curves already, and have a load of clothes in the washer, and have to leave for work at 8:30. I just fixed myself a cup of tea and some Mock Oatmeal. I just love that recipe and make it almost every morning, thanks to whoever posted it! Supper tonight will be Grilled Chicken with Sauteed Spagetti Squash. Just a salad and Mushroom Soup for lunch, as the little ones will want to spend most of the day outside today since it's warm and sunny. The family I've been with has persuaded me to work full-time for them now, so I've joined the ranks of you working women. It sure does keep me busy, I don't know how most of you with little ones still at home manage to do it! I really love my job though, and love the family I'm with, so I'm pretty lucky.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:51 AM   #8  

head cold= hard to make good food choices.
The symptoms are moving, which is actually better than excruciating pain in my sinuses. I ate 1 crispy crunch mini bar and 1 mini bag of Doritos last night. Why is it when I am sick that all I want is junk food? I did okay considering the amount of junk in the house BUT........
For the last 3 days I have had 1 non OP snack. I will NOT lose weight this way.

Daily Journal
1.My renewal statement for the day. I will eat proper meals and snacks.
2. Weekly weight. 229
3. Exercise-type, how long, what level. Walking to trick or treat for 2 hours, actually it was a stroll,doesn’t really count.It was nice tho.
4. % fat, carbs, protein.
5. # meals and snacks. breakfast, and then 3 snacks throughout the day and then a light supper
6.# fruits, # of veg. 1 apple, 3 veg
7. How many glasses of water. cant remember
8. Time of last food intake, time I went to bed. 9pm, bed 10pm
9. Why and when I ate due to stress or emotions. I ate a few times because i feel crappy. i had homemade turkey soup, falafel and apple....I didn’t do too bad til evening when I had a some cheese and crackers and chips. After 3 weeks with out crackers at all they tasted like bunk so I am happy about that.

10.General feelings about food, exercise, life. I prefer the good healthy stuff, I run out of time to prepare it well.I wish someone would help me. I run out of time to exercise well. Life is peachy. It is very busy. There are 3 things I can or should do tonight. I will make choices about it today. They are all for good causes, like school for my kids.

11. Any really good events or feelings today. Yes~The boys were wild in the morning and reined them in well. No yelling involved.LOL> I made some yummy turkey soup with spinach and a touch or curry. mmmm. I made falafel patties for lunches this week. They have 6 g fibre and 8 g protein and I LOVE them. They were from a mix with ne additives. DD was okay about missing a bunch of halloween stuff because she is sick. I had some nice cuddle time with her during the day. DS and I went trick or treating with a girlk form his class. Theynwere soooo joyful and had soooo much fun. He has been in a wonderful groove the last few days. I am really enjoying him. No angst.
DH is home cause of rain. He custom designed some trim for the bathroom on the weekend, maybe he can install it!!
I was super tired by 9pm last night. I left all the mess and “should do’s” and went to bed. Unusual but smart! LOL.

12. Overall, how did the day go. Not bad for a bunch of sickies.

13. How can I improve for tomorrow. Fight the junk cravings, feed my body healthy food.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:58 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

My ticker lies! I got on the scale this morning and have slipped off the Beach badly. There is quicksand down at the end opposite the cabana boy shelter, by the way. I am going to focus on very healthy eating 'cuz I sure need to drop a pound or two before my knee operation on the 17th. I guess I've been kidding myself. Wings and wine plus other goodies are the culprit.

Schatzi, join me? I will be doing Phase II, rather than Phase XVIII!

Good going on the 2 pounds, Pearshape. Isn't it interesting to watch interspecies reactions? I am considering getting a kitten just for that but probably won't because I developed an allergy to them as I got older.

Sleep well, Marianna. We'll try to keep the noise down today. It sounds as if you have your life in balance.

Mamacita, lousy rotten kids! Bastidges! We have problems like that in spurts but they get squelched fast. The good thing about village life is that there are no strangers - everyone knows everyone and misdeeds finally get their comeuppance.

Lucy snitched a package of cheesies after refusing to eat her breakfast. Can you say spoiled rotten? The rest of the packages are now on top of the piano until she figures out how to get up there. I swear she is part cat. She likes to sit or lie on top of the bookcase and look out the window and actually purrs when I pet her sometimes.

Haircut and mini-shop in town this morning so I'd better get going. It's not raining although it did lst night. I was wise to cover my 5 cords of firewood with a tarp yesterday. I need to get my men friends to stack it for me but must buy some beer before then!

My bath is ready - Avon Magnolia today,not Vanilla Creme, as I'm trying to stay OP!
Old 11-01-2005, 08:02 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Hi Hollyhock! I think you did incredibly well considering all the other stuff happening in your life. I know it's hard but swear off the "shoulds", OK? They eat up time and replace it with guilt. I hope your creeping crud abates today.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:31 AM   #11  

We have no trick or treaters at my house. I took my little trick or treater to my mom's. We took them on a long trek on a steep hill. Some of which was running. My 3 year old went from running to not wanting to even walk, so I also carried him a large portion of the time. It was fun. He had a blast. He was a greedy little booger. I have never seen him act that way. He would be reaching for the people's bowls. I would say no and they would say, "Ah, let him get whatever he wants. " My mom lives in a subdivision with a lot of split foyers. So, when people would open their doors it would look a lot like my mom's house to him. When he started getting tired and ready to get into his candy, each house was Granny's and he tried to get in the door. AAAARRRGGGHHH! I was so happy to see my mom's house!

I cheated last night. I knew I would. I ate well the rest of the day. So, today I am back on program with no excuses. I have aerobics tonight. I am both dreading and looking forward to it.

I hope everyone has a sunny day on the beach!
Old 11-01-2005, 08:44 AM   #12  

Ruth~ creeping crud...ROFL!!!!! That's gotta turn anyone off.

Well, 2 of my kids arrived with an orphaned, 4 week old kitten they are nursing. Their Mom didn't want to leave it at home for 8 hours. It nurses every 3. It is adorable. King Clyde gave it a good sniff and is ignoring it. LOL!
Old 11-01-2005, 09:00 AM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey ladies this is super brief
No heat or hot water at the townhouse!
no trickertreaters and plentying of Chocolate!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Ruth Bastidges LOL I just bought Johnny Dangerously on DVD I love Michael KEaton!
bbl when I can chat
Old 11-01-2005, 09:18 AM   #14  
Kyemom

Hey Everybody!! I was good, not halloween cheats for me. We only had 5 trick or treaters, all at one time..so pretty boring...I did good to have all of that chocolate staring at me, and me not eat any!! I met my goal for October, and am going for 4 pounds in November. What about you?
Old 11-01-2005, 09:38 AM   #15  

Brian and I missed most of the trick or treating since we went to a Halloween party. Unfortunately I had a piece of fried chicken and a slice of birthday cake there. Brian didn't want to eat any and I really felt like I had to be polite due to ethnic background of the host family. If we hadn't been running really late, we would have eaten first and then I would have had a valid excuse. Oh, well, at least I ate no candy. We had very few kids come to our house so we have lots of chips left but those done tempt me. And I'm working from home the next two days so hopefully, by the time I go back to the office on Thursday, the candy will be gone. I want to stop this slow increase and go back toward losing.
Closed Thread