South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 11:01 PM   #1  

Question did this happen to anyone else?

I just started phase 1 on Monday. I had a little bit of a headache that night, but Tuesday and Wednesday were just fine. Then Wednesday night, I started to feel terrible . I had a headache again, I felt nauseous, I had chills, and I was very weak and shakey. I decided that I should probably eat something, and when I was making it I actually collapsed. I didn't pass out or anything, I think my legs just gave out on me. After I ate I felt a little better, but stil not very good. I was just wondering if this happened to anyone else. I'm thinking that maybe South Beach just isn't for me. Or maybe that phase 1 isn't for me, and I should just go straight to phase 2. Any input or suggestions?

Thanks!
-Amy
Old 10-06-2005, 11:06 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Please post your menu with specific quantitities and we'll take a look...I'm to bed right now but other chicks may be in.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:09 AM   #3  
it's always something

It sounds more like the flu to me. If you still feel bad, you might want to see your doctor.

Otherwise, it is safe to go straight to Phase 2 and add some carbs back to your diet.

Please keep us updated
Old 10-07-2005, 01:58 AM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Amy, how long had it been since you'd eaten when you felt like that? Sounds like really low blood sugar. Make sure you're eating every 3 hours, okay? Do keep us posted.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Many people feel headachey and tired to very tired the first few days of SBD. But that extreme weakness does sound bad. Are you eating enough and every 2-3 hours?

Yep, you need to post what you've been eating and quantities please, so we can figure out what's going on.

Sarah
Old 10-07-2005, 09:19 AM   #6  
Kyemom

Sounds like you need to eat more....Eat those beans & veggies!!!
Old 10-07-2005, 03:43 PM   #7  

Looking back, I do think I didn't eat enough that day. I was feeling really good all day, and I was running around so much that I didn't eat very much. I guess I just really need to pay attention to that now. Thank you all for the replies!

-Amy
Old 10-07-2005, 03:45 PM   #8  

My friend and i did SBD and the first week by Thursday we were both super weak. i am talking we were in the car and our favorite song came on and we couldnt even sing loud we were so weak. It was at that point i switched over to WW. However, one of my other friends who does SBD said be sure to eat ALOT of protein you shouldnt feel like that bc she never does.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:16 PM   #9  
Who needs sleep?

Try using fitday.com to see how many calories you need and how many you are getting - as well as what proportions of fat, carbs, and protein. It is very important to eat enough, as you will not lose weight if you don't - plus if you can get dizzy and weak, as you found.

You should not be hungry on the SBD. You should eat about 4 1/2 cups of vegetables each day, plus adequate protein. This is not one of those starve-yourself-thin diets - it's a healthy way to live. Once you finish phase 1, you'll be gradually re-introducing fruits and whole grains back into your diet. Until then, don't just cut them out - replace them with other, healthy foods.

Try buying a large package of part-skim mozzarella string cheese for quickie snacks. Keep a stock of cut-up veggies on hand, too. Veggie soups are a great way to get your veggies in while warming up, too.

And be sure to drink your water, too - at least 64 fl ozs a day.

Good luck, and I hope you are feeling better now!
Old 10-08-2005, 01:04 AM   #10  

Thanks everybody for all the info. I'm feeling much much better now. I just really need to be careful and eat lots of protein and eat regularly. Thanks again!

Amy
Old 10-08-2005, 09:14 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3

Amy... It is very important to eat enough and often .... I did Atkins once and that happened to me, I ate a can of peaches right away and it improved but didnt get sick. On SouthBeach, I dont get the wide swings after the first week, its great!!!!
Old 10-08-2005, 09:16 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3

Amy, I carry a snack pack of almonds with me.... believe me, a handful is all you need to curb hunger ...... India
Closed Thread