South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 07:57 AM   #1  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Smile It's Monday and time to chat!!!!!

I guess I'll start us up this morning.

All the fair stuff is gone and out of my neighborhood, thank goodness. Finally, life can be back to normal and I can park in front of my house again. Yesterday was day one of P1 for me and it went well but I found I skipped dinner cause I wasn't hungry. Ended up snacking on a sf fudgecicly and a cheese stick later. I had gotten my veggie allowance in for the day though with B'fast and lunch.

I made the best 15 min Italian Sausage soup. It's just got onions, lean turkey sausage, italian seasoning, olive oil, and frozen italian blend veggies. It tasted yummy last night when I made it and prob will be better for dinner today. I just wanted to double check that lean turkey sausage is OK. If not, next time I'll make it with vegetarian sausage. There's no more fat per serving than is in the b'fast patties that are used in the book....oh, maybe I could make that homemade turkey sausage recipe in the cookbook. That woudl be interesting! My copy of the good fats good carbs, and the 30 min Cookbook were shipped from Amazon today. Can't wait to get them!! I love cookbooks!

Today I get to give exams where as last week I got to take them....would much rather be giving . So what's up on your part of the sand today?
Old 10-03-2005, 08:01 AM   #2  
I painted my avatar. :-)

Default Manic Monday Chat

Morning all you beautiful Chicks. It's almost 7 am here(Central Time) and no has started, so I suppose I will.

I actually got up this morning, and did the weight-loss pilates. I hated getting out of bed early, but I did it, and feel better than I thought I would.
Already got my shower, DS is still asleep, and I have my oatmeal and Orange Green Tea.

Its going to be boring at work today, so I will color his 'book' for him.
I want to thank all the Chicks for those sites. I found so many things he would like.

I am going to plan on doing 30 min on the weight training dvd tonite. SO that give me 65 min total.

How's everyone else doing on the beach today?????
Old 10-03-2005, 08:01 AM   #3  

Pearshape, they say great minds think alike!!!!!
Old 10-03-2005, 08:08 AM   #4  

!! Too true, Wendy! Ruth will combine them when she wakes up.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:12 AM   #5  

That was exactly my thought when I saw both threads,

Good ol' girl that Ruth is.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:18 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whaddaya mean "wake up"????? I was up before dawn cracked getting my kitchen set for Romano and his minions. Let me combine the threads and I'll be back....with a coffee.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:21 AM   #7  

Duh!! I should've known you'd be up with the roosters, Ruth!
Old 10-03-2005, 08:28 AM   #8  

See? That getting up early(for me) got to me.
Absolutely Ruth was awake, duh........
Old 10-03-2005, 08:29 AM   #9  

Mornin ladies. I have cleaners coming this aft to fall clean the gunge outa my kitchen.
2 women tho. Not as sexy as Romano I am sure. This will be the best $100 I have spent in a long time. Thanks to the Avon bonus Godesses.
Once these screeching maniacs go to school I will have 2 toddlers for the morning.Going to Storytime at the Library.Then a tidy of the kitchen and wash some dishes and then I will file and do office work or go deliver Avon books this aft.
The sunrise glowed pink this morning. Incredible.

My eating this weekend was not incredible BUT so much better than the last month and I did stop myself from over indulging. I kept the bad carbs at bay.
HUGS ladies!!!

A pic from the princess party.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg princess3.jpg (19.6 KB, 38 views)
Old 10-03-2005, 08:31 AM   #10  

Good morning ladies,

Ugh! Today has been a bad start for me. I set my alarm early to get up and do some things, make breakfast, etc. But, I didn't notice that the battery was down. I woke up this morning. The clock said 4:00 and I thought, "Then, why am I so awake." I got up to potty and looked at another clock. 6:45 Definitely a bad start. Luckily, one of my co workers makes egg beaters and turkey bacon in the morning for us. I am down 16 ounces of water already and am sipping on a second bottle.

DS was in a BAD mood this morning. But, he went willingly into his class. PHEW!

Well, I better get some work done.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:48 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, the Girls have taken to howling when Ralph toots his horn. , It sounds just awful - as if someone has died! So naturally I am up BEFORE the roosters! (Who don't holler around here until nearly seven these dark mornings!)

Pearshape, I am sure you are mega-relieved that the Fair is over and life has settled back to normal. I love our Fair but also like getting the quiet of the Village back. That soup sounds good. The problem with turkey sausage is that it includes dark meat which we aren't supposed to have but......the fat is very low and some rules can stand a little stretching.

Wenchy, thanks for starting us up. I do that all the time - start a post and then someone else sneaks in ahead of me! I hope your day isn't too boring and that you do get time to do Pilates. You exercising chickies make me feel so guilty but it doesn't last long!

Hollyhock, the de-grungers will be well worth the money! A clean kitchen is worth a thousand Romanos. I am still looking for a Gail replacement. The Princess party is wonderful! I am going to try to save it. If it doesn't work, I'll email you for a copy.

Djett, I hate it when my Doggie Alarm doesn't go off at the usual time - especially on a busy day. How lucky you are to have a co-worker cook SBD for you. I hope DS comes home with an attitude adjustment.

My kitchen is ready for Romano. He will not be here at his usual early start time (7:30 last week) because he has to get his "guys" working on other jobs. Then he'll be here to do my drywall. I think I'm getting personal attention because he knows he overcharged me. His estimate was based on major problems - like the chimney tiles all falling down - but we shook on it so......

Visiting Harry yesterday went pretty well. I got him down to the lounge for a coffee and then we sat outside for a while. Lucy was her usual charming self. I just know she will have no problem passing the Thera-Paws evaluation in four weeks. Of course, Mummy won't be the evaluator. She needs practice in meeting other dogs which I'll have to work on before then. She's too enthused and wants to play - a tail wag and sniff is acceptable while on lead.

This morning, after R. arrives, I plan to take a dog for a walk. It doesn't sound like much but I've been avoiding walking them because of fear of tripping. Hersh walks best so I guess it will be her turn first. I have some Tylenol3 for knee pain and have just taken one. I've never had side effects from them but we will see.

Have a super day, Chickies. I guess I'd better go and update the Sept. weightloss thread. Anyone else for October targets?
Old 10-03-2005, 08:51 AM   #12  

Good Morning EveryBuddy!!! drat a completely crappy weekend.. Both DH and I had some sort of stomach bug... kept us in and close to the bathroom .. Bleah! But Right as Rain this morning I'll be going to Harris Teeters for more Phase 1 stuff..and to Michaels for Pumpkin carving stuff..I'm planning on at least 5 carvings this holloween and my tools need replacing ... Unfortunately I was on like...Phase 5 the last week... So, off to the Phase 1 thread to join in !
Hope your day is Sunny Side UP!!!
Old 10-03-2005, 09:10 AM   #13  
Kyemom

Morning Chicks!!! I had an aweful lot of bad choices this weekend...Went out to dinner & dancing with girlfriends, and lets just say...Wine was not my drink of choice, and the tortilla chips I ate were not OP!!! Oh well, start a new!! Sounds like everyone had a nice weekend.
DJETT- how was the Melting Pot? That is my favorite rest. DH & I went there 2 weeks ago...so yummy!!!!
Wenchy- Is DS feeling better?
Ruth- I know you must be happy to have your hot water back...It is the simple things that we take for granted.
Schatzi- Hope you are feeling better!!
Holly- Wish I had cleaners coming to my house...enjoy !!
Pear- I so can not believe you got a ticket for parking in front of your own place...Hope your dog drove them crazy!!!
Old 10-03-2005, 09:21 AM   #14  

RuthIf you could put me down for a 4 pound loss in October that would be grand.

Holly I am so jealous!! I so want someone to come in a give this house a deep clean. That is one thing that we will do if we ever make enough money- even if it is once a month. It would relieve a lot of stress for me!

Pear We are planning on going to the Texas State Fair on Thursday. Talk about unhealthy food! Apparently they even have deep-fried Twinkies! How gross is that??

Wenchy WTG on getting out of bed to exercise!! I have got to get that habit going as it is going to be the only time I can fit any in!

Schatzi Hope you are feeling better! Your weekend doesn't sound like much fun.

Djett Nothing worse than waking up late and trying to get kids out the door. That is when I always feel like the worst mom- snapping at my 3 1/2 year old before the day even begins! I am sure you handle it better than I!

Me- First "official" day off today. Doctor's appt for the baby this morning and big DD's dance class this afternoon. I am going to throughly enjoy being home and relaxing this week. I cleaned the living room and one bathroom on Saturday- today I will tackle the kitchen.

Have a super day!
Old 10-03-2005, 09:26 AM   #15  

Kiko- It depends on what day you ask me! LOL This morning, I handled it pretty well. But, he was in a terrible mood.

Kyemom- It was awesome! My only regret was being so full when the chocolate came along. I still made a pig of myself!
Closed Thread