South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 02:55 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Talking (Bad) Fat Free Friday Chat - Sept 23

Mornin', Beachies!

Sorry I wasn't on yesterday. My parents have a DSL line and were having problems connecting. I missed you all! Glad to see that everyone was feeling cheerful in spite of sabotaging girlfriends (Grrr! ) and daft neighbors (Ruth, I LOVED the suggestion of sounding your horn at 6:30 on Sunday...or better yet, set the girls to barking outside the neighbor's window. )

Things are good here. DH just arrived and tomorrow the whole family will caravan in a rented mini van up north for a big 50th birthday party/family reunion for my aunt from Hawaii. She's one of the most generous women I know and it will be GREAT to toast her and give her back a tiny bit of the love she's shared with all of us over the years.

I won't be online until we get back; DH and I will be staying up north for a couple days after the fam leaves...I have a friend who lives up there that I haven't seen in forever, and he has family there. We'll take the coastal train back, which should be fun!

Everyone behave, okay? Don't make Ruthie dig out her chicken purse from under a dropcloth.

Ruth, are the window guys hunky? I seem to remember some very hunky window guys a year ago or so...

Have a great OP weekend, chickies!
Old 09-23-2005, 06:09 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Chickies, and sleep tight, Laurie! We'll miss you when you are offline.

The window guys were pretty cute and did a good job, so far. I remembered to take the drop sheet off the bed before I fell into it last night. When they finish up today, I have a major vacuuming task ahead of me. Claire insists on coming over this afternoon to work on the floor in the spare room - I am still scraping paint splatters and it's a very slow job when you can't kneel down. She is such a dynamo that she'll probably get it finished and then insist on doing the wallpaper!

It's after six and time to crank up the day. A car just drove down the street pulling a boat - some nutcase fisherman setting out in the dark, I guess. The Girls woofed at five (Thanks, Ralph!) but all is silent now. I forgot to thaw their good food so I'll cook eggs for them this morning - spoiled brats!

Do something nice for yourself on this TGIF! I may not be on much this morning until the window project is finished. My life is covered with plastic drop sheets!
Old 09-23-2005, 08:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

Mornin Chickies ! TGIF and that I will get a mini break by going to my moms this weekend. It's always a treat to get extra help with the kids. And a mommy fix for me ain't to shabby either .

Lots to get done today but no motivation yet. I gues I need to finish my coffee and get Julia off to school. That will make a difference. I hope you all have a great weekend!!
Big Hugs!
Old 09-23-2005, 08:17 AM   #4  

Good morning, ladies!

Thank goodness it is Friday! I am ready for the weekend!

I had a bad eating day yesterday. I will do better today!

I found a food diary that I started in June. In it I had put a starting weight of 186. That means that I have lost 19 pounds since June! I didn't start counting on my ticker until I started SBD. Plus, a lot of that weight could have been from major bloating. I was having problems with my cycle. I have been put on hormones to induce one and things have gotten better.

I also wrote down some measurements. Just out of curiosity I measured myself this morning. According to the measurements I had lost 2 inches on my waist, thighs and hips!! Bloating or not... that made me happy!

Well, gotta get some work done!
Old 09-23-2005, 08:19 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks, I am popping in again for another quick HELLO. Things are crazy around here, trying to get everyone organized with the new school year. I have been working just two days a week at the store but I am going to have to up it a bit because things are picking up you would not believe the people christmas shopping already. Then of course I have been teaching at the dance studio as well, plus I having been taking an adult dance class on thursday nights. What a blast. Well chicks I really have to run I need to get these boys settled down and try to get a few things done cause I have to work tonight. Hugs to all, have a great day.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:51 AM   #6  

Just popping in to say a quick hello! Have an appt to get the car all tuned up and oil changed...I'll see if I can visit later!!!
Old 09-23-2005, 08:55 AM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ladies
Lil Chick sometimes i start my shopping in Sept. . .if you have any Tea lovers adagio.com has some really cool stuff.
Dana! That's amazing Lady!!! I need to do Measurements! Maybe starting in October.
Sweet T I hear you on the mommie Fix I'm getting mine Next weekend
Ruth Your Dogs are Lucky!! If I'm reincarnated I wanna be one of Ruths Doggies!
Laurie Have a great time!
ME-I convinced the girls to try the Mexican Lasanga from the phase 2 entrees so we're gonna whip it up tonight with Turkey. Then Sorbet cake for them and Fudgcicles for me and as our Ap Edemame soo fun to eat!
alright I'll bbl
Kierie
Old 09-23-2005, 08:59 AM   #8  

Hi Ladies!
I am a friend of Ruth's from the journals. I cant seem to live without her.I have been reading here the last couple of days.
I dont follow South beach or any plan but i should. I definitely have issues with carbs.
I will keep on reading and I am looking for meal ideas. I need to borrow the book from a friend in town.
My life is jam packed and my "diet" takes a back seat.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:00 AM   #9  
Kyemom

Morning all!! I am so happy...I just got my grade on my English Comp paper & I got a 100!!!!!!!! This is huge for me, because I have never been a writing person The professor told everone at the beginning of the semester, to expect a C, as she does not give A's unless it is outstanding work...so I never expected an A plus 100....I now have a 97 average in that class & a 100 average in math....I really am smarter at 31 than I was at 17...lol.....Today is DS's 8th birthday, so I will be taking cupcakes up to school at 3:00!! He is just glowing today...a whole weekend that is all about him!! Anyway, I hope everyone has a fabulous day...I know I will...
Ruth- don't inhale too much window dirt/dust!!!
Old 09-23-2005, 10:06 AM   #10  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chicks!

Happy Friday!!!! I'm down another 2 pounds today! That makes 4 since beginning the phase I from the book re-do. Yesterday was pretty hectic so I didn't stick to the book for dinner but I was close. One of my fave restaurants has a yummy rainbow trout and steamed veggies so I ordered that to go and had that instead of the orange roughy in ginger and scallion sauce. I missed my afternoon snack of tomatoes and cottage cheese - just too busy.

My assistant is sick today. So I will be busy again! However - I get to see the cutie pie football coach tonight. The other football moms and I had a huge discussion about him and we've decided that we would make a good pair. Not sure about his taste. His ex-wife is very petite, very plain jane, no make up, no fancy hair, etc. I'm the exact opposite, not petite, not plain jane, love fancy hair and makeup, so I'm not sure we will be a good fit. However I'm willing to give it a try. The other football moms have been empowered with the task of connecting the dots so we will see what happens.

Last night I went to party at the place where I got my botox done. They had wine, cheese and desserts. I did real good. I had a couple pieces of cheese and a couple pieces of turkey. I had bottled water with lemon. I had so many women ask me about my botox, she ended up using me for a demonstration. I ended up getting a little more done on my forehead for free! Yippee! Most of the women had the same complaint that I did and that was the scowl lines inbetween your brows. I'm in love with their Vitamin C skin care line. My freckles are almost gone and it is really repairing some of the skin damage that I have.

Anywho - people seem to want me to work. I better run! Have a very OP day chicks!
Old 09-23-2005, 10:49 AM   #11  

Gooood morning ladies! Happy FRIDAY!!

I just thought I would do a quick check in and read how everyone is doing. Glad to see that things are going well for everyone!

Enjoy your friday and your weekend! I am off to try to get some ideas for some billboards I get a shot at designing - HOORAY! I will check back in later!
Old 09-23-2005, 10:49 AM   #12  

Hi.. just wanted to do a quick run in... I have to be honest and say that I have been a little preoccupied lately so haven't been visiting or on plan as much as I should be... I had my long awaited visit to the breast cancer clinic yesterday to try and find the source of some breast pain that I have been experiencing for the last few months... turns out not to be cancer ... whew... but I was mightly stressed about it for the last 2 weeks.... just couldn't focus and felt very agitated.

But back on track in the morning...

Now I am off to read some threads...
Old 09-23-2005, 10:51 AM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Kye that ROCKS!!!! both the grade and the Birthday. Thats great that you can bring goodies to your DS (My Mom always had to work but I wanted her to do that!)
Anchor Woohoo you on a hot streak lady as for Cute Football Coach he might be interested in the polar opposite I never understood the plain Jane Thing. Low Maintenance often but Comeone Pizazz is a girls best friend!
Old 09-23-2005, 11:01 AM   #14  
Kyemom

KO- I too work, actually the first time I have been able to do this....I just told the boss, that I am doin it...I am so fed up here....I figured if they fired me..oh well!!
Old 09-23-2005, 12:35 PM   #15  
RNMOM

Default Hi ladies

Well, I'm a lazy slug today, didn't go running earlier when I shoulda, now it's lightning and thundering out there and I'm not gonna.

I'm loving having a day off, since I get to work 12 hours on Saturday and Sunday. I'm proud to say that I have been a good girl since Monday but yesterday at work I was soooo tempted. Our cafeteria makes the best popcorn and that is a weakness for me lately. I do endulge occassionally when I'm on phase 2 but I've got awhile for that day to come.

Well, I need to get my "Saturday" cleaning done. You all take care.
Closed Thread