South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 03:04 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Talking Hump Day Happenings...

Hey, LC, I always think of you on Wednesdays as it's your favorite day!

Mornin', chicks! Seems like the only way to be the first one in here is to post before I go to bed. I'm pulling late hours trying to finish the scrapbook for my aunt's birthday along with all the other stuff in my life!

Finally feel like I can admit to being in ONEderland to stay. Last week's Phase 1 did wonders. I was reading SARK the other day and she said there are both benefits and deficits to procrastination and that we need to embrace and be aware of both. I think there was something to the reasoning behind my dragging my feet as I approached ONEderland. Mentally, I just wasn't ready to be at a weight which put me in the same digits as skinny women. I know that sounds absurd, but that's how I felt. There was just such pressure in weighing something that starts with 1. I finally feel okay with it. I just finished reading Passing for Thin by Frances Kuffel (FANTASTIC read, BTW...check it out if you get a chance...it's really amazing how well she understands us 'fat chicks') and I know that helped me out immensely, no pun intended.

Took a ballet class on Monday night...it was one of those things I had wanted to do for years but never could because I was way too overweight. I actually felt skinny last night and was so happy to be doing this, finally, after a 13 year absence! I started ballet when I was 3 to correct my pigeon-toed feet. I did it until I went to college at the age of 17, so I really have missed it over the years.

I'm getting ready for my trip to CA...lots still to do, but slowly but surely, I'm getting there.

Have a great day, chickies!
Old 09-14-2005, 06:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Chicks

Beachgal you are such an inspiration, congrats on the ballet too. That is something I always wanted to do and always felt too fat, even when I was young when I definitely was not overweight at all.
I have some of the books by SARK, she rocks doesnt she? Its probably time to take them out again and get some inspiration.

I've been to the dentist (AGAIN!) this morning. I seem to be spending a lot of time there lately, and it isnt good for me b/c I am very very nervous of the dentist, my stress levels go up 24 hours before I'm due to be in the chair.

Aside from the dentist I just dont feel good today and have no clue why, I feel like I'm in a fog my head is muzzy. I'm just waiting for my groceries to be delivered and then I'm heading back to bed for an hour.

Have a wonderful day on the beach!
Old 09-14-2005, 06:50 AM   #3  
RNMOM

Default Hiya

Well, I figured at this hour no one would be on, I forget that time difference thing.

I've been up since 0230, insomnia really is a bummer, finally at 0430 I come to the 'puter to start my day today.....sheesh. Not sure where the sandman is but I would sure like him to crawl in bed with me It's probably because of the HORRIBLE eating I did last night..........what's with me????
I'm thinking like beachgal, I'm not ready to be at my goal weight???? So I sabatoge myself with bad eating. I did go to the gym yesterday and work out with the weights. Trying to alternate weights with running, exercise does make me hungry.

Have my first exam Thursday or Friday in my pathophysiology class.....was stressed about that. All these weird words and stuff are just crashing around in my head. The test is only open for those two days and I work a 12 hour shift on both of them............................take a breath............. Anyway, I need to cope with the stress better than turning to food.

Beachgal, congrats on getting to onederland. You really are an inspiration, I look at your ticker and see how far you've come and I'm blown away. So cool! Have fun in California...enjoy the sun!

Artemis, ugh, dentist. I feel your pain. Hugs your way and get feeling better. Definitely go to bed and get rid of your muzzlelyness.

Well, off to go read about blood, immunity, antigens and other unrememberable words. Have a great day on the beach!
Old 09-14-2005, 07:10 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and happy hump day. It's nice to see such early chicks!

Felt really poopy most of yesterday and am not sure why - nausea and general intestinal grumbling - probably the chili for the latter. Consequently I did very little in the a.m. except the Library run and freezing the stock. Long nap after lunch didn't seem to make much difference. Did laundry and more peppers late afternoon and picked more wonderful raspberries! I felt so crappy I wasn't even tempted by wing night at the LH - just had a BLT, watched Morse and went to bed by 11.

Slept until 6:30 this morning as did the Girls. I'm still feeling unwell but am dressed and ready to put out the garbage. The lads come to put in my new chimney liner this morning. I hope they are done by noon as I really should go to town for more doggie meat. On the other hand, an afternoon nap sounds good and they can always eat commercial for few meals or el cheapo hamburger from the local.

I'm hoping for a major health and attitude improvement after my coffee! Rubies in a bowl with yoghurt may help too.

I'll get back here later.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:29 AM   #5  

BUMMER! It sounds like all our morning chicks are not having a good day..BLEAH!
Beachgal: You truly are an inspiration to all us beachers! Getting mentally unstuck sometimes seems more difficult then the mechanics to loosing the weight.. I can't believe how much I miss my "security" Fat blob.. especially when I lay down on my side.. I have no fat ledge to rest my arm and now opt for a pillow... oh the horrors I could tell you about me and ballet.. I looked like I was inflicted with crippling polio whenever I got up on my toes.. and forget Tap, I sounded like a herd of buffalo.

Artemis.. oh the poor dentist! S/he is your friend..getting your oral health healthier! I hate when I get that foggy muzziness...

Ruth: Hmm maybe you need to rest up a bit..perhaps you're a bit run down ...Miss RunAround!!!!

RNmomyou've got an awful lot on your plate girl! Sounds like your brain is in overdrive.. the sooner this test and that pathoperhtuicakally course is over with the better!!!

The weather is el crappo here.. Lovely Ophelia is heading here in a day or so... I'm just gonna batten down the hatches, and do some needlepoint. Perhaps DH and I will take in a Matinee...

Later PerTaters!
Old 09-14-2005, 08:11 AM   #6  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Adding to the general misery of the day. More mental than anything else. The admin at the lab called me to keep me updated on my nursing home resignation. El Doctor interviewed three people yesterday. She(admin) told me that just from the resume, she wouldn't have hired one of them. AND, boss's "punishment" for my defection is to take away one and possibly both of my weekend On Call days. His explanation: "It's too difficult to find someone who would only work 2 or 3 hours a day". What a load of crap! He's going to find it more difficult to find someone willing to be at his beck and call every single stinkin' weekend!! Let me tell you...the FIRST TIME he calls me and asks me to do a weekend STAT, I'm going to tell him I want not just the STAT fee, but I want my On Call back---for the entire weekend! Rat B@st@rd.

Schatzi, you be careful with that hurricane headed your way. Scram if you have to, okay?

The rest of you chicks have a great day on the Beach!
Old 09-14-2005, 08:17 AM   #7  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

Darn it! Just lost a 3 paragraph post! UGH. Down another lb!
Beachgal Doesn't sound absurd to me at all, I have often felt the same when hovering 20 lbs above my target. Sounds like a good book, I will need to start reading about food/weight issues soon.
Artemis Who is SARK? I'm thinking Susan Roth maybe got married? I think that's the name of an author I've read on this issue. Sorry about the dentist. I do some deep breathing, stress/relaxation exercises when I'm in the chair, seems to help a little.
RNMom I am intimadated by the mere name of the class!! Good luck! Sorry about the insomnia. Some nights I take a couple benadryl to knock me out when I'm having that problem.
Ruth Feel better!
Schatzi I'll be praying Ophelia is mild.
On a non-weight issue - I am celebrating 100 days since quitting smoking! And I feel so much stronger than ever in my tobacco quit. This is the longest I have gone without smoking in 26 or more years!
I have lunch and dinner planned, now have to dream up a couple snacks and get rolling here! Have a great day chickies!
Old 09-14-2005, 08:45 AM   #8  
Kyemom

Morning girls!! I am down another pound this morning!! I know I am not eating enough veggies throughout the day....I need to find a way to have them (other than just V8) while I am at work. Any hints? Football practice rocked last night. DS is getting so good & so confident. Makes me so proud!! The coaches are loving him!! All of you in the path of this hurricane, please be safe. My mom finally got a check from the insurance company for her 2 vehicles (totalled from Katrina), she is buying an RV & a truck, so she has somewhere to live until they can rebuild their house. I am just happy that she is safe!
Old 09-14-2005, 09:00 AM   #9  

Morning, gals! Sorry to hear so many are not doing well today. I have jury duty in a half hour so I'll have to be logging off soon. Hopefully it won't take too long but just in case it does, I have chili in the crockpot so I won't have to worry about dinner.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:45 AM   #10  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Running late again,Tummy hurting Dh said it sounds late a ucler,Well tell doctor to run tests onTues as I have to go for a thyroid blood test on that day.

Will post later Hugs BB
Old 09-14-2005, 01:15 PM   #11  

Hi Ladies,

I am feeling Blech too. TOM is here and I am just feeling generally yucky. I have done horribly trying to stay on phase 1 this week. I give up. I am eating on phase 2. I haven't ate that bad this week, just not all phase 1. I have had something whole wheat for the past few days.

I had good news at my son's 3 year check up yesterday. I have been concerned that he may have some development problems. (He prefers to be by himself, he doesn't interact in play the same as the other children, he LOVES puzzles even working 60 peices alone at a little over 2 years old, he has meltdowns over simple things, he is obsessed with Thomas the Tank engine, he has been slow to talk, etc.)He is behind, but the DR seemed to think that he will catch up quickly. His speech has really jumped by leaps and bounds. The doctor said we may want to revisit it again in 6 months, but feels it is nothing to be concerned about or have evaluated.

Well, I have got to get some work done today. I have been pretty much useless today.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:20 PM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hey Chickadees!

So, I have two new motivations for losing weight. 1) The Biggest Loser, Season 2 is on TV, and 2) my best bud Lucas' fiancee wants me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding in March. YAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!! Oh girls, the dress is so pretty, but it's made for tall, skinny people with huge, FAKE knockers.

I'm 5'3", more curvy than skinny, and have huge REAL knockers.

Sigh.

We'll see what happens.

Gonna get some food. Catch you all later.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:30 PM   #13  

Weezle,

I loved the Biggest Loser last night. One of the girls, I think her name was Ryan is from my area and they have her on the local shows. They just talk to her over the phone b/c we can't see her. I think it will be inspiring too. I really liked the idea of the Doctor that was trying to lose weight to "inspire his patients".

Well, you can buy fake bobbies to add to your dress. Good luck on looking good in that dress. I know you can do it!
Old 09-14-2005, 01:33 PM   #14  
RNMOM

Default Please remind me.....................

You all have an assignment.............REMIND ME how awful I feel after a binge.............my gut is doing sommersaults and I feel bloated as all get out............Next time I have the urge to binge I'm coming here and you are going to remind me how awful I feel right now. Food is NOT worth this!
Old 09-14-2005, 02:04 PM   #15  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey girls I feel crappy too!
I don't have much time I'm all crazy with this project.
I watched the biggest loser I was trying to pick out which one had my body type is that sad?
I tried to eat real food last night not a good idea back to eggs cottage cheese Jello and FF jello pudding
BLEH
bbl
Closed Thread