South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 11:05 AM   #16  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Quick fly-by for me today...too tired to stay up this morning and slept in...made it to yoga five minutes late!

Ruth, love all that pepper stuff! You are amazing, girlie! How do you seal the jars for the fridge (or do you have to?)? DH is making pickles with our cucumbers and he's been sealing the jars by boiling them in water in a kettle, then taking them out...the lids get sucked in as the cool. Interesting!

Sweet Tea, at the dentist! My experiences at the dentist were always good as a kid--I loved going to him. Hope your kiddo feels the same!

Mama, you're having a time of it, eh? So sorry that you were attacked in the nursing home...hope she didn't have a good fist! Tell me more about your daughter's EBV...I was diagnosed with it a year ago and I'm totally confused as to what it means. My doctors think it's an indication of Chronic Fatigue syndrome. They say that you should take it easy when it flares up and do as much as you can when you feel good. I have a hard time ever 'taking it easy' so I'm not sure what they're taking about! Hope DD feels much better soon!

Me:
Yoga was really nice today in spite of my arriving late. Have to get to my quilting today and play catch up with errands I was supposed to run yesterday. I got involved with the computer and with making chicken soup (it turned out gorgeous!) Popped the soup in the freezer...will make homemade WW/egg noodles for it for next week or later when I'm done with Phase 1.

So, back to ONEderland today...doing Phase 1 during TOM might not have been the best decision in terms of numbers on the scale, but I think it's working...my cravings are fading away, thank God!

Getting stressed out about all the things I need to do before I leave next week...I have a weekend trip planned, then the day after I get back, I'm leaving for CA for three weeks. I haven't been gone from home for so long in a very long time! DH will be here manning the fort, but there are so many things to have to think about... yikes!

Better get to my shower and quilting. Have a great day, chickies!
Old 09-08-2005, 11:14 AM   #17  
MaMa Mia!

S/C/G: 154/145.8/110

Height: 5ft

barb- hes not too young but it makes him drowsy so then hes cranky from teething and being tired..LOL we use teething tablets, but hes just extra cranky lately. I think its about to pop through. Heres a pic to show u girls my lil man

chickita- that sound so neat about the classes. I wish i could find something around here like that. To small of a town.

I better be running. Wyatts heading under his daddys computer desk to get to all the things piledup there.. ttfn!!
Old 09-08-2005, 12:03 PM   #18  
gotta lose it!

Wyattsmomee - what a cutie!!!
Ruth - love red peppers, but not sure I would go through all that.....you're amazing!!
Beach gal - I posted pics of my before & after hair!! Big improvement!!!

OK, so I worked until 4am this morning - I'm tired so I'm going back to bed!! I hate working over nights....lose sleep & it kills my skin....MAJOR breakouts!!
Chat with you later!!!
Old 09-08-2005, 01:26 PM   #19  
Kyemom

Wyattsmom- What a cute boy!!
Old 09-08-2005, 02:12 PM   #20  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hello girlies. Eating lunch now. I feel like poop. Headache, body aches, tired, sore throat. No fever though, so no strept. 98.3 (I'm the school "nurse" too.) I took some ibuprophin and am hoping that I'll start to feel a bit better soon. It's all I can do to eat anything. I have to go shopping for piano books after work. YUCK.

On top of that, I am SOOOOO sore. Tore my knee up really good last night. It's only a little swollen, but it hurts like a you-know-what.

Ya know, I need to rant about work really quick here. Yesterday, on my LUNCH, I was on here posting and the pastor of the church walked by. He later came up to my boss, the Principal, and told him that I was playing on the internet on my lunch, and that I shouldn't be using school property for personal matters, etc. My boss said "Whatever" and that it's not a big deal since it was my lunch "hour" (30 minutes,) but Pastor isn't going to let it go.

Now. I have logged every single day that I have worked through my lunch. I don't get to leave my desk at lunch time. I have to be here in case parents need anything, the phone rings, there are sick/injured children, the lunch people need anything, the principal or pastor need anything, and I am to work through my UNPAID 30 minute lunch. According to the law, I'm required a 30 minute lunch break if I work 4-8 hours (and we won't even recognize the fact that I work longer than that most days.) At my previous job, I wasn't even allowed to answer the phone during my lunch because of the law.

Wouldn't this honk you off? I don't get a real break. I'm stuck at my desk (or running back and forth through the school) all day long with no time for me, and here comes Pastor (with his 5 weeks paid vacation and $100,000/year salary) who doesn't do anything ANYWAY and comes and goes as he pleases, trying to tell me that I can't check my email/forums on my lunch hour.

ROAR.

Anywho, I can be a if he decides he's going to try to play hardball. One of my closest friends is an excellent lawyer and doesn't charge me for legal advice. What would it be like to OWN a church and school, I wonder?

Hope you girls have a good afternoon. I'll be on this evening.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:50 PM   #21  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

Not feeling well today my back is out again.Had to zip the exercising,and I feel so guilty not doing so.

We're going to have 2 plain lots of refergees from the Katrina, at Edwards Military base. The people are elderly of the group,according to our local newspaper. Churchs here are going to adopt 1 family,and in my town(town of churchs) we have 6 so 6 familys will be help by us.Hope that other communities will do the same.

Sweet Pea & Djetta-Good Luck with the dentist. Yikes!! I hate going to them even today as adult.

Mamacita-Sorry to hear you little one is sick.That what happens when the children go back to school. I know my DGC are going to be in the same boat.Gee!! Little Old Woman are Getting Violent in Nursing Homes!! I can read the headlines now.

Pearshape- Hope you find your ZZZZZZZ's I hate that when it happens to me.

Fl_mom-That sounds beautiful a made made lake.. Hope it doesn't overflow,and flood everything.

RNMOM-have a wonderful 5 day off,you need it after all you went though.

Hi Wyattsmommee-,glad to have you aboard, your little boy is so cute. I looks alot like my DGS. mine is 18 mouths old.

Have a nice day and I'll see you tomorrow. Hugs BB
Old 09-08-2005, 03:25 PM   #22  
Who needs sleep?

Not much on today. Cramping too badly to even eat much the past 18 hours or so. DS is all I can cope with and more today. No daycare til next week, either, it turns out. Have a good day all.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:55 PM   #23  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

HI chicks....

Drive by. I am alive. Working on Hurricane Katrina relief. Diet is out the window, for now...

Hope all are well. Hug your family and your pets tonight.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:14 PM   #24  
Who needs sleep?

Jenne - I missed it if you posted it, so sorry it this is asking you to repeat, but how was Maine? I want to hear all about your trip, when you have time to post about it! If you have already, I'll try to find it; maybe you posted it while I was sick a while back.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:23 PM   #25  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Heather, check out Jenn's Everything Journal. Full report there.

I just had a nice long nap and ignored the remaining red peppers! i am hoping Lucy will steal a few more! Actually, I'm going to freeze them tonight.

The doc visit went OK and he did tell me I could increase my meds. It's been a nice relaxing day and the rain has cleared off. I just may watch a movie after dinner of red peppers and something else!

Have a great evening.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:40 PM   #26  
Who needs sleep?

Thanks, Ruth - I will take a look right now.

One of my favorite salads is made with roasted red pepper, feta cheese, and basil - alternate wide strips of the pepper, thin slices of feta, and basil leaves and repeat, then make a dressing of minced garlic, minced gingerroot, olive oil, sesame oil, and freshly ground pepper - saute the garlic and ginger in the two oils and let it cool to room temp, drizzle over the salad and squeeze some lime juice on top. This is out of a cookbook called "Chopstix" which I've had for years.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:16 PM   #27  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Default Klutz

So, my husband married into the "Davis" family and is carrying out the Davis Family Curse pretty well. Fell off of something at work and rolled his ankle. I just spent 2 and a half hours at "Express Care" with him. Fortunately, nothing's broken, nothing snapped, just a good sprain. He's to wear his air cast for 12 days and stay off of it for 4, so I'll be waiting on him hand and foot while I'm home.

He thinks it's a good reason to break the diet. I said "HA!" Gotta go get him some cauliflower now.

Later chicks.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:26 PM   #28  
Slow and Steady...

Wyattsmomee: Man is he a cutie! I hope you and he get some sleep tonight!

Weezle: Way to keep the DH on the straight and narrow! Now that he has to stay off it, looks like you are in control!
Closed Thread