South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 05:42 AM   #31  
Who needs sleep?

Mariana - I'm glad you had a fun time! I'm so jealous - I dearly want a mushroom farm or three myself (I'm like hobbits when it comes to mushrooms!) but I just really haven't a good place to keep them. Our house is old (nearly a century) and draughty, so there's no place I could put it where it could have the right combination of temperature, humidity, and darkness. No basement, either. The laundry room is the closest, but it gets pretty crisp in there, too, and it has a large east-facing window, and not a lot of space. Wah! Maybe our next house....
Old 09-04-2005, 06:48 AM   #32  

Good Morning all you East Cost Morning larks, West Coast night owls and Acrossed the Pond to DownUnder!
Ruth: Ah a stroke of luck that you were out and about when that tree came down... but major BUMMER bout Lucy . .WAAAAA no leetle portugese water puppies... My 2 Cairns are spayed.. how I want another little puppy but DH would have my head...
Chickita: Way to go.. One meal at a time !!!
Marianna: We will get to live another spring and summer vicariously through you Aussies!
HKO: I thought about obedience training myself..Don't want to go patting my own back, but my dogs are well trained.. I even broke my GFs rescue Doxie from constant inane barking. She was so exasperated she was gonna give him up.. I took him for 2 weeks and got him to understand "Enough"!
Hmm SusieCue and Louise..WELCOME LADIES

Pearsydew: your menu looks good to me.. heh heh, I saw your ChaChaCha on your signature.. Yes it's the only dance I know too!

Me: It's still dark here ..I'm having my coffee and watching a beautiful ruby throated hummingbird have breakfast at the feeder....waiting for the sun to rise and get out to the front yard to weed, prune and deadhead..First I'll throw in a load of laundry and give the girls a bath..We were tooo tired and achy to go out to dinner last night.. We were out from 8:30ish till 2:30 working on the backyard..It's really shaping up...so just hamburgers on the Barbie and a salad for dinner.. I ordered the last 3 books from the Dark Tower Series...( I go to amazon and their affiliates and buy the used hard covers.. Got all 3 for $40.) all used library copies in excellent shape.. I can't help it..just don't like reading paperbacks..So, perhaps a nice epsom salt bath tonight.. and resume reading !

HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL!

LATER TATERS!
Old 09-04-2005, 07:37 AM   #33  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicklets~~

Still a bit bleary-eyed here this morning. Dh set the DVD player up with our new computer monitor (we're still waiting for the cables and stuff from SIL to set up computer) and I watched Phantom of the Opera and Sahara til the wee smalls. Had a nice, long hunky guy watching session

For you Imeldas out there...I got two new pair of shoes yesterday. We're going on a cruise in January and I needed a black pair of dressy ones to wear in the dining room and a pair of slip ons to wear every day. Got both on sale.

Went to the farmers market and stocked up on yummy things to eat. Zuchini, yellow squash, broccoli crowns, onions, sweet potatoes... and dh found these drinks...I hestiate to even mention...made in Korea..."madarin orange"...they taste like juice but the first ingredient is high fructose corn syrup. 45 cans of this stuff!!! He thinks they're just the cat's whiskers! I'll stick to my unsweetened cranberry juice, thank you very much.

Ruth, so sorry there won't be puppies this fall...maybe in the spring?? Glad that tree didn't fall on anything but the ground!

Schatzi, sounds like you had a satisfying day in the yard. Hard work but don't you love it when you can see the results of your work right away? Gonna plant bulbs?

Heather and Marianna, I adore mushrooms! I wish I had a place to grow them...but all we seem to grow around here is mold! YUCK! But I did buy some portobello and some regular old white ones yesterday to add to my dried chantarelles. I'm making mushroom soup this week.

Okay, gotta see if my buddies are online yet. I'll pop in and check on everyone in a bit.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:28 AM   #34  

Height: 5'-2"

Heather, I remember in our old house (also a century house), finding a mushroom growing at the base of a kitchen wall. shudder. Why don't you try it.
How's your head today, hon?

Mamacita, good shoe shopping! I have a fair number of shoes, too, but I always forget they're there, and just stick to my Birks. They're so cozy.

Marianna, sounds like you had a lovely time yesterday!

Chickita, keep it up, girl! You're doing great!!

Ruth, I'm sorry about the puppies. But I'm happy for Lucy. I can't think of anything worse than having about eight kids at once.
Glad you got back safely from the island!

Jamie, welcome back, hon!

RNMom, four pounds!! You go, girl!! (damnit, I'd better pull myself together)

Schatzi, could you train my SIL's dogs, please? They are SO bad and yappy and UGLY!! (ugly is okay, but when it's combined with bad behaviours...)
Isn't gardening addictive!? Sounds like you're well on your way with yours! I was working on mine yesterday... had a marvelous time!

Got your period, eh, Kiko? What a drag. I can't wait for it to stop permanently!!
I hope the cleaning is going well... I'm getting a fair bit done, but I had a 2 1/2 hour nap yesterday.
If everyone would leave the house, I'd get a LOT more done! Actually, that's not true. I'd probably sit here on the computer...

It's a lovely, sunny, and cool day! We had a huge rain yesterday (very nice... we needed it). I'm going to see if my laundry on the line has dried. Again.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:36 AM   #35  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I love my friends! Art drove by early this morning and spotted the tree in my lane. He popped in to say he'll be over to take care of it later this morning! This means I'll "owe" him a very early full breakfast this week so I'd better buy a few potatoes for home fries. :shock: Art does have a wife who sleeps in most mornings. He is an early riser and comes into the Village to check some pump over at the Fairground. If my downstairs lights are on, he considers me ready for company!

It's gorgeous out there and Church isn't until 10:30. I must NOT get involved in anything outside this morning or I'll be skipping Church. It's too wet anyhow. After lunch, I'll drive to Perth with Hershey and do a duty visit to Harry. I hope he's in a better space than the last tiem.

Enjoy your Sunday of the last long weekend of Summer, Chickies.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:52 AM   #36  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

morning chicks.... I got to sleep in till 9 this morning. YIPEE. DD and I had a great shopping day we were gone the whole day with meet my mom, dd likes it when nanny comes shopping with us. Of course because she spoils her at times. Its funny my mom knows just when to do it. Not enough so that the girls think they will get something all the time. Grandma's a funny creatures. Anyhooo she got her a very nice brown jacket that ties with a ribbon, and a cell phone. Then I got her three pairs of jeans some underware and socks two belts and a purse so she is totally set for high school. I wish I was I am so nervous it is not funny. again. sorry. chicks.

I am not going to try to post to all either great to see us all posting so much.
Everyone have a great day and stay OP.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:40 AM   #37  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Terry let me sleep until 9:10! Woo hoo! Gotta get ready for church. Just thought I'd pop on and see how your mornings are going. Mine's been busy getting ready, but after church we're going to the store, then swimming at my MIL's house. WOO HOO!

Plus, weighed myself this morning and I'm 6 down from Tuesday when I started. I need to keep going, and maybe when TOM is over I'll drop a big load of pounds.

Everyone have a good day. Hopefully I'll be around to pop in later.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:09 PM   #38  

Goodmorning Beach Buddies,

It sounds busy and sunny out there. We have had the oddest summer, all cloudy and gloomy. I was gone until August and we should be having a lovely end of summer, but it is still cloudy. Ah well..

Went shopping for stretchy pants for riding my bike ....uh, does my butt look big in these I guess it is just baggy britches until I feel a wee bit more comfy.

I didn't eat much in the a.m. and paid for it at night. I ate a whole box of sf fudgsicles and and ear of corn. Just a little sand in my shoes, I'll start out today with a good breakfast and keep up with those snacks. The nasty ol' scale still shows another pound down today, so the lower carb intake is doing its thing.

It's really encouraging to hear how well you guys are doing. Have a great day.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:51 PM   #39  
Who needs sleep?

schatzi - Good job! Well done! My mom's best friend has 2 mini lonoghair doxies - they are little TERRORS! But sooo cute (think miniature Irish setters)! I mostly buy paperbacks (usually used) myself, because I like to read in bed, lying on my side, and a hardcover is a leetle awkward to read in that position. Plus I can fit a pb in my purse! I do sometimes get books in hc, though, if I especially like them. But then they are usually used or gifts - I hate paying hc prices!

Mamacita - there's nothing quite like the feeling of a getting a really good bargain on shoes, is there? Maybe because they are so darn expensive! What do you put in your mushroom soup? My two favorite ways to cook mushrooms are sauteed in olive oil with garlic and onions, and then braise a piece of lean beef (like top round) in the juices with the veggies until it's cooked to taste. Mmmm! And the other is mushroom stroganoff (with ff sour cream, of course). I haven't made this since going on the beach, but I think I'll try it with a little brown rice to soak up the extra sauce sometime soonish. Somewhere I have a recipe for a mushroom stew I want to try, too.

Ellis - Eeeek (about the mushroom)! I guess the other thing would be worrying about contaminating the spore - I hadn't thought of wild fungi in the house! As far as I know (although I haven't cleaned the fridge in a while) there are no rogue fungi here.... My head still hurts. My mom (an RN) says it could take a while before it feels better. Church didn't help - the praise team includes a drummer! Oy, my aching skull!

Ruth - What a pal!

little chick - why are you nervous? Because your DD is starting HS? Or did I miss something somewhere?

weezle - have a good swim!

chickita - it's grey and cloudy here, too. We've started wearing long-sleeve shirts, long pj's at night, and even jackets sometimes. And it's soup and stew weather! Chicken - White Bean Chili for dinner last night, and I'm planning on some sort of southwesterny steak soup thing for dinner tonight to use up some leftover grilled sirloin steak. Hope you have a better day today!
Old 09-04-2005, 03:57 PM   #40  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

H-ko - I am nervous about dd starting high school. We live in a little community her elementary was a small school as was her middle school plus they were close by now she will be going into the city. I think I am having a hard time with the fact that she is growing up. Makes me a little sad. I am sure I will get over it. She is not nervous at all, excited to say the least. Well I must dash we have been invited to a corn boil at SIL house, so I must go get ready. I have been drinking lots of water today and would like to suck back a few more glasses so I don't over induldge. Have a great night chicks.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:00 PM   #41  
RNMOM

Default Save me from this madness!

Can I please come over to someone's house and sit for just a minute????? Major lunatics on the loose in the ER today. I have been here for 10 hours and this is the first time I've sat down all day!!!!! No lunch, no breakfast, no bathroom, so what do I do????? I come here! Speaking of bathroom I'll be right back.......

OK, now I'm better...........

oh, nevermind, just got a femur fracture coming in by ambulance. Love to stay and chat but gotta go. At least I'm OP.....sorta.....I guess not, you're supposed to eat on this plan.....

Hugs to all!
Old 09-04-2005, 06:05 PM   #42  
I vant to draw your blood

Oh, geez, ((RN)) you poor thing! I hope you can catch a break soon.

Stories like yours make me glad to work in my insane little lab.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:39 PM   #43  

Wow! I thought my house was a little too quiet, but that's a lot better than a holiday-weekend ER. I used to do that; I feel for you!

Heather, all the soups and stews sound sooo good. It looks like we will have a bit of afternoon sun, so I'm wearing short sleeves under my sweater.

I'm off to a BBQ to test my resolve. I have a new crochet project tucked into my bag with my water to keep my hands (and head) busy. Good thing the guys like to grill big slabs of meat. I'll be able to avoid the rest.

Have a lovely evening, All!
Old 09-04-2005, 06:47 PM   #44  

Mid day check in... the front yard has been pruned, weeded, deadheaded, "fed" watered... mowed weedwhacked...Laundry.. food shopping.. DONE
LC: darlin, remember when we were that age..invincible! And.. now you are your parents! ugh! Once DD gets in a routine ..you will be fine...

Hko:
Too FUNNIE: Yeah, Alex..is a long haired Doxie! ..You're right about PBs being compact ..I guess my eyes are just gettin old!

Ellis: Yes indeed, I am sooo enjoying my bushes and flowers! I think I will do Bfit1/Sil proudly! ..and the hours do fly..the easiest time "exercising" Gosh I feel it in my thighs and butt and back!
Ruth: This is hysterical...I'm watching Crazy Casey attack the water sprinkler.over and over and over again! and my demur Darby is happy enuf to play catch and run with me
Chickitaah the H*LL with anyone else U GO GIRL..U have no idea how many people pass you either admiring you or wishing they were "Doing it"
Wezzle U minx U. . You'll be movin on to Beach Ph3 before we know it!! WEIGH 2 GO!!!! (go fishin is gttng cmpny! Whr the hdlDoo is SHE )
Mama: Your Soup is SUPER !!! L-O-V-I-N-G...IT! Made it up ... and had it fer dinner! 4 DUDES 4 U...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alrighty then... time for this scwewy wabbit to West and We Wax~..
Old 09-04-2005, 06:59 PM   #45  

GEEZ louise, takes me ferever to POST ! I missed the EXCITEMENT: RNMOM... Hope they put on the Hare traction splint right!..(NOW thats a work out! ) REPORT BACK STAT!! CODE BLUE CODE BLACK CODE RED
(sigh, I must relive my EMS days thru you RNMOM..I NEED MY EMS FIX!!)..of course, someone said B A R B E Q U E...yum Y U M
Closed Thread