South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 11:26 AM   #16  

RNMOM--- Thank you, thank you, thank you! I went and weighed on the scale here and it said....2 pound loss! I have updated my ticker and it has made my day!!! I am so glad that I went back and tried the last scale. Now, I just have to stay away from it for a week!
Old 09-02-2005, 11:34 AM   #17  

[B]The Schatzinator is back on AIR!!![/B] Thank goodness DH is ubergeek with puter stuff..I was up early this morn...but took a wee kip already! Now I am having another round of java watching the Mothra sized blind butterflies visit the bodelia bush... er DH thinks it's just a pretty weed..that dang thing grows feets overnight!
RNMOM: pathopjuyawdferl.. WHAT THE HOODLEDOO! U be SCHMACHT...I can't even spell let alone say that one! One of my "fondest" memories was " Cadaver Lab" at NJM&D..hehe. nuthin like holding a brain and a heart at 8:am in the morning...

Soon2bFab:
I use to throw an annual "TACKYTIKI" party in Jersey...I have lots of really tacky Luau related decorations... Try www.orientalexpress.com..lots of stuff on that site.

KO:
Good 4 U! Sigh, gotta get this big butt in gear...

Ruth:
As always not enuf hours in a day for you!

Kye: The biggest only blessing is Mom is okay.. Our hearts are in such pain watching this disaster.

Barb1037
: Yeah, I've been fighting something myself... just taking it slow..

Djett:
I'm hoping to get to 170 0r under this month myself!

Sweetea:
Good luck at the Drs..and hang tuff babaloouie..that weight will come off!

LC: Hope the rest of today is an easy one for you..and a 3 day respite!!!!

BG
: Sounds like a wonderful time planned ! ENJOY!

Pearsydew
: Sigh,,, I too have been doing the Chacha these passed 3 days... GRRRRRRR...Need to get myself back totally on plan!

HKO: Take care of your head darlin...!
Old 09-02-2005, 11:35 AM   #18  
Kyemom

WTG djett!!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2005, 11:57 AM   #19  

I love this thread! It's a great encouragement.

I'll be sticking to low carbs for the second day today. There are a few changes I will have to make to make it a true Phase I. So far it is going great.

Hope all you busy bees get everything done. I am off to some Spanish classes I am taking. I'll check in later.

Last edited by Chickita; 09-02-2005 at 12:03 PM.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:06 PM   #20  
The cat lady

"Waking up at 1 am with arachnophobically-induced insomnia isn't helping my headache, either!"

Do you dream of spiders or something?? I am sure there is a story here. I am deathly afraid of almost all bugs, but spiders especially!

I am sorry your head hurts so much. I don't know what happened, but you are in my prayers!
Old 09-02-2005, 12:23 PM   #21  
The cat lady

Good Morning all!! You know me the late riser. I was up at 3:30am to get hubby off to work. Fell back to sleep at 6am and then didn't get up until 10am. I really only got about 8 hours of sleep. Splitting it up like that doesn't help though!

My official loss for week one is.......drum roll, please....... 9 POUNDS!!!

I am struggling a little though. I have had a piece of bread the last couple of days. It is whole wheat, and it is only one, but still it is not Phase I. I need to be stronger and find another evening snack!!!

Don't know how much I will be around this weekend. Hope you all have a good one. No nightmares, headaches or overwork allowed!!!!
Old 09-02-2005, 12:33 PM   #22  
Slow and Steady...

davoswoman,

Congrats on the 9 pounds! Do you like no sugar added fudgsicles? I have one EVERY NIGHT as my snack. They satisfy my chocolate and ice cream cravings! Have a great weekend!
Old 09-02-2005, 12:39 PM   #23  

Candy that is FANTASTIC!!!! U go U go U go!!!!!

I sometimes mix up my NS Fudgicicle and have PhillySwirls- 10 cal each..
Old 09-02-2005, 12:49 PM   #24  
krazy binging insomiac

good morning everyone
chickita -- keep going. I find I'm set if i can make it through the first 3 days of eating properly.
davoswoman -- congratulations! 9 lbs is awesome! i'm jealous (course i haven't even hit my one week mark yet). and hey i'm considered a late riser here too..not because i actualy wake up late (unless you consider 8:30 late) but cause i live on the west coast and by the time i get here there's already 2 pages of chit chat. hard to catch up on some mornings.

to everyone else -- keep going!

me -- day five and i'm going strong. woke up this morning and wanted to call in sick cause i'm so tired but forced myself to go. when you don't have sick leave it really motivates you to go to work as much as you can. last nite i had a 'feel good moment'. i went downstairs to take out the garbage and ran into the really hot hawaiin bartender who works at the bar across the street. we talked and chatted and i got the impression that he likes me. i told him i had to move farther away from the bar cause i can't afford my building once i go back to school. his response, with a bit of a whine to it, was "don't move THAT far away". tee hee i was so giddy afterwards.

Last edited by nefarious_wytch; 09-02-2005 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:57 PM   #25  
gotta lose it!

Schatzi - Thanks for the info....I have to put this party together on Sat...so I don't have much time. I was going to have ham salad & shape it into a pig shape, an ice tea ring with pineapple & cherries in to, pineapple upside down cake, and a veggie/cheese tray for me of course! There's only 20 people working...so I really don't need a big spread. I was also going to get some lays & some flowers petals for the table...and if that isn't good enough, well then don't volunteer me next time!
Old 09-02-2005, 01:00 PM   #26  

Default OOOHHH chatter.

Well all, I had a great night last night, thanks to all the helpful hints and suggestions. Planning goals is something to do today. So when I woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed at 6:30 thinking, yay, shopping day, I realized I was insane. I always liked mornings. it's a family disease. I tried a new recipe last night, a " pasta" dish made with spaghetti squash. even the kid liked it. And the house hold is supporting me. Since we are moving into a great MIL apt on a lake, we are getting rid of all our crap food (isn't it great when your house supports you?) and ive been purusing the fabulous recipes on this site. Ya'll better look forward to something from me, I'm a cook by nature. Probably why im fat right now, but ya know, it happens. Mama was Italian, French, and had stepdaddy from the south, so I gotta learn how to SBD those old family recipes. Daddy is Norse, so it's gonna be interesting to learn to eat and cook without the heavy fatty gravies and breads. I hope everyone's mornings improve. It's just simply a great start to a long weekend. Optimism is apparently my middle name today!!

Talk to you all soon!
-Misty
Old 09-02-2005, 01:11 PM   #27  
krazy binging insomiac

Misty -- hey i understand the cook by nature thing. My family is italian so you can imagine what i grew up on. and when i was a vegetarian for 6 years (and not very healthy at that) pasta was a staple food for me. its been really hard to give that up. i also face the problem of working in professional kitchens. i'm gong to culinary school in january wher eyou have to taste everything and trust me, they aren't so health conscious at culinary schools...can we say froi gras. it is awesome when the family supports. when my mom did WW, she was the cook for the family so my dad ended up eating healthier and when he also started to lose weight without actually following the plan he really began to support my mom.

lol...last night i dreamt about a dessert. not because i was craving it but because my culinary mind was spewing out ideas and last nite i was trying to mentally compose this new cration of mine in my head. that continued into my dreams. somehow though, when i woke up this morning, no cravings for it. that made me really happy.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:48 PM   #28  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

Having problems with my computer called "Sticky Keys" Its probably the humid weather thats effecting the key board.

Oh!! My son got another job,after leaving WOR Radio, hes working for CNBC TV. Making $40,000 from $ 35,000 a year. So I guess I worried before I really had too. I guess, Once A Mom Always A Mom.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day Weekend.Mine is going to be quite again,having no plans to go anywhere with the high prices of gas these days.

Hugs BB
Old 09-02-2005, 01:54 PM   #29  
Slow and Steady...

beach bum,

You'll never stop worrying about your kids! I am so happy for you and your DS! The extra $$ will come in handy! Now you will have less to worry about.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:12 PM   #30  
Who needs sleep?

Finally got some more sleep! I went back to bed about half an hour before DH's alarm started attempting to wake him up . However, DH insisted on walking to the station this morning; he said he really wanted the exercise, and I didn't feel up to driving anyway. I was really grateful for the extra rest. DS and I actually ended up sleeping until 11:30! Yikes! But I feel a lot better now - just a little achy still. If it was a concussion, it was only a teeny one anyway, and I didn't want to hang out in the walk-in clinic waiting room with an active toddler to keep under control! I don't know if a toddler's skull is hard enough to cause a concussion, but he certainly gave me quite the headache! Anyway, I expect I'll live, so no worries.

Lost another 2 lbs! I'm not counting it toward my Sept goal, since I probably lost most of it in August. I doubt I lost it overnight! But still, it's another 2 lbs closer! Yay!

I've noticed that since I finished phase 1, water has started to taste GOOD! I mean, REALLY good - delicious even! Sure makes it easier to get it down when it tastes so yummy! And it's only city water, too!

pearshape - maybe it won't be as bad as you fear. Do you think you'll start phase 1 over again, or just add some time on? Hope you don't get the cravings!

beachgal - sounds like great fun! I enjoy Twain; he's very witty. Have a great "you" day! Good luck with your mom, too. I think sometimes that if we radically change how we eat from how we ate while growing up, that our moms take it as a subtle criticism. Maybe if you tell her something like, "Mom, I love your cookies. In fact, I love them so much I can't control myself when I eat them, so I'm better off just not even starting since I really want to lose my excess weight, and if I fill up on your cookies I won't have room to eat all the veggies I'm supposed to eat! Maybe you could make <fill in the blank> - that is so good, and it will help me reach my goal." I remember somewhere, somewhen (college psych, maybe?) being taught to start any sort of criticism (or even a potentially critical-sounding remark) with something positive and end with something positive. Plus she still gets to feed you, which most moms seem to love to do!

little chick - hope your baby chicks are kind to you today, and I hope your day gets better!

Weezle - do you get bizarre dreams when it's around TTOM? I often do, too. And some of the dreams I had while pg with DS were real doozies! Hope it doesn't color your day - nightmares are such a drag. That's funny about your DH and the brownies!

djett - congrats on the 2 lb loss! Yay! I don't have a weigh-in day, really, although I usually weigh in either the end of the week or beginning of next. I go more by how I feel and how clothes fit, although that doesn't have the satisfaction of a numerically measurable change (except when you go down a size)! Hope your DS feels better soon.

barb - sorry you aren't feeling well. Take care of yourself and feel better soon! Maybe some chicken soup? It's easy to make and I know it always makes me feel better. Plus it usually lasts a while, which cuts down on time spent cooking subsequent meals!

kyemom - oh dear, I'm so sorry about your mom's troubles. I hope they can save something. But you're right - at least your mom is safe! Thank goodness for that! I hope you get off your plateau soon!

Ruth - I hope this time it takes! I'd hate for you to have to go through all this again! Any chance her boyfriend would be back in time? Or are you pretty sure you'll have to find her a replacement boyfriend?

sweet tea - I hope you feel better soon! It's really rough trying to care for yourself and get well when you have little ones, isn't it? They need so much from you! Hope you get some good mamma tlc this weekend!

ko - maybe some coffee or tea instead? Sorry about the allergies - they are such a drag, aren't they?

soon2befab - at least you can make some SBD friendly food that way! Better than having someone else make it and not being able to eat it and stay OP. Enjoy your time off and your luau!

rnmom - sounds like bliss! I've almost forgotten what it's like to have a quiet house. It's gotten so that even if DH takes DS out for a while, I have to play music or something because I'm used to the noise! I wonder if your classmate will toughen up or switch majors? I didn't take anything for my head; I didn't want to dull the pain in case it got worse - I felt it was my best gauge for knowing if it got worse. I can't take ibuprofin or asprin, anyway, only tylenol and aleve. Tylenol doesn't do much for me, and I try not to take aleve if I don't have to as it's not the healthiest thing around. So usually I just put up with pain unless I just can't take it or I need an anti-inflammatory or anti-fever med. Thanks for the suggestion anyway, though!

schatzi - it's nice to have a geek husband, isn't it? Mine's an ubergeek, too - so much so that he took this formerly computer-terrified gal and converted her to the point where I can even build my own machines now! Pretty impressive, eh? DS has started to display surprising adeptness with and interest in the forbidden electronics (forbidden at least while everything goes in the mouth!), so I assume he got at least a portion of the geek gene!

chickita - I adjusted my diet for a couple of weeks before I officially started phase 1, too - it all helps! It's still a move to a healthier you!

davoswoman - congrats on the weight loss! Yay for you! I often have a sf Jello with Cool Whip light on top in the evening, or a fudgesicle, or pistachios. As for the spider comment - in a thread earlier this week (I forget which day), I talked about the massive spiders that invade our house every late summer. They show up usually around 1 or so in the am. Usually I simply cannot sleep at night during this time, but I'm finding that with a toddler, I just cannot do that. So I sleep a little, then startle awake and look around for any spidery invaders, then sleep a little more, and so on until the fear is stronger than the exhaustion and I get up. I can hear them when they walk (they are that big), so when one is nearby, I can usually tell, even if I can't see it. It's a bad time of the year for me! At least they are harmless spiders, other than causing insomnia! For spidery sorts, they are T. Gigantea, except that many of the ones we have are even larger than TG usually gets - as large as the palm of my hand (estimate - I've never gotten close enough to do a side-by-side comparison!), or about 3-4 inch legspan. However, they are also supposed to keep their cousin, the Hobo spider, away, so I only kill (by proxy - thanks DH!) the ones that actually come into the house - they normally live in the crawlspace foundation. I'd rather have huge, harmless spiders giving me the creeps than have smaller, more aggressive, and mildly poisonous spiders biting me and my family while we sleep! Ugh - enough with the spiders!

nefarious - Yay on the feel good moment! Those can just make your day, huh? I usually find that if I force myself to get up and at 'em, I usually start feeling better after a while. It's a little easier on the one hand, being a SAHM (no worrying about what to wear, or makeup, or pain-in-the-backside heels), but then I don't get to call in sick no matter how sick I am, and I don't get days off or paychecks, so it balances out! Or it would, except that the time I get to spend with DS throws it waaay off the positive side of the scale!

weathergrrl - glad to hear your household is supportive! It makes a big difference! Good luck with your move! It is hard to lose weight when you love to cook - that is my problem too! Fortunately, we love Asian food, which (if you skip the rice and noodles) is actually pretty healthy.

beach bum - I'm glad everything came out okay for your DS! Enjoy your quiet weekend - I hear ya on the gas! I have a small SUV, so I don't do too much driving around except for shopping!
Closed Thread