South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 05:42 AM   #1  
keep on dancin'!!

Unhappy humph!

Hmm..So, I've been on the Beach for 12 days and I've been perfect and have not cheated once...but it seems like my weight has platoued and I'm not really sure how much better I can eat to keep loosing...I guess I could be drinking more water and I've decided to cut out salt almost completly...but I'm getting frusterated and a little disgruntled. I'm not giving up and I know it's normal to platou, but what you do when this happens?

thanks girlies!
Old 09-02-2005, 05:50 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

How much weight have you lost and how much do you want to lose? Please post your menu and we may spot something. Keep on trucking and read your signature!
Old 09-02-2005, 05:50 AM   #3  
Who needs sleep?

Livvy, there is a good thread in the FAQ forum on when your weight loss program stalls. Try checking out the tips there and see if they help you.

Some ideas: Since you are still in phase 1, are you avoiding absolutely all of the no-no items and adhering strictly to the approved foods list? Remember that a lot of processed and prepared foods contain hidden sugars. Drinking enough water is also essential - a bare minimum of 64 fl ozs of plain old water each day. Are you getting enough calories? If you eat too little, your body will go into conservation mode and you won't lose weight. You may want to post a sample day's menu showing what you typically eat in a day, if you'd like to invite comments or suggestions. Are you getting enough vegs? Your diet should be heavy on the veggies.

Good luck!
Old 09-02-2005, 06:07 AM   #4  
keep on dancin'!!

Smile thanks!

Hey ladies, thanks for the quick reply! You are all right, and I am probobly not getting enough water and probobly not eating enough...yesterday I had a red pepper, onion, cucumber, and lettuce with a can of tuna, and for dinner (i slept late, so i didn't eat breakfast) I made soup with a low sodium beef broth (and no sugar), onions, mushrooms, some oven roasted turkey, and a little low fat tofu...putting it down on paper makes me see how little food it actually is...I should be drinking more water and eating more veggies...I will try this and see how it goes! thank you so much...I was just always the dieter who would eat smaller meals to lose weight, but I have to get into the mindset of thinking that healthy does not mean small portions. I should be eating three meals and my two snacks! Thank you again!! xo, Liv.

oh and I started at 147 and am down to about 139...it's great progess, I just want to keep going! my goal weight is 120 (i'm short!)
Old 09-02-2005, 06:11 AM   #5  
Who needs sleep?

Livvy - I was always the same way, too. I'd eat like an anorexic parakeet! Now I know that eating too little - not to mention eating the wrong kinds of foods - sabotoged my efforts.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:20 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh my! You defintiely need to eat more. If you are worried about calories, run them through www.fitday.com. For your weight and what you want to lose, you are doing just fine!
Old 09-02-2005, 06:41 AM   #7  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

I find I lose more when I eat more. It's weird and contrary to what we're taught to believe. When I eat the 4 1/2 C of vegetables I get the best results. Also I've noticed now that I am strict about getting the proper amount of good fat I seem to lose better. My first time on P1 I ate a lot less fat than is required on the eating plan and didnt lose as much as I'm losing this time. I also quit coffee for 2 weeks last month and I think that may have jump started my metabolism because since then I've been losing weight. I've since added it back without any problems.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:32 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Livvy, even when you eat more (and you definitely should!), you'll find that your loss will be slower than most on here. It's not fair, since you're doing the right thing by working on this now, but you lose much more slowly the closer you get to goal. For instance, I was losing about 5-7 pounds a week for almost 7 months at the beginning of my journey on SBD. Now, it's about 3-5 a MONTH. With only 19 pounds to go, you're going to be losing slowly. But that's good...it means it'll stay off and will give you time to work on muscle development so you can look even 'tighter' at the same weight.

Plateaus are frustrating, no doubt, but they happen. The important thing is to keep going through them. Vent your frustration here, but don't go off plan, hon. You CAN do this!

Love your avatar...Olivia rocks!
Old 09-02-2005, 07:49 AM   #9  
keep on dancin'!!

Red face

Thank You All So Much! I feel 100% better and ready to keep on going!!

and thank you, beachgal, about the avatar...ironic that Olivia is a little pig, huh? haha. she is very cute, i agree!

you all are so supportive and that means so much to me!!
Old 09-02-2005, 08:08 AM   #10  
I vant to draw your blood

Liv--

Just a couple little tips that really help me...I'm the slowest loser on the planet (20 pounds in a year!!) and if it weren't for these little things, I wouldn't lose at all.

1.When you get up in the morning, drink a big glass--I'm talking at least 16 oz. of hot water with the juice of half a lemon or lime squeezed into it.

2.Twice a day ( I do mid morning and late afternoon) take a level tablespoon of sugarfree Metamucil.

3. Make sure you get at least 4 cups of veggies a day.

4. Move your posterior...you know what I mean...get some exercise...even if it's just marching in place to music for 20 minutes.

Hope this helps!
Closed Thread