South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 11:26 PM   #31  

Weezle - You have my prayers. Hopefully you can get back on plan soon and then you will probably feel better. I know I find it hard to lean on others but know that this is a safe place to get support here.

1day - I don't grill chicken a lot but take a look at the Chinese 5 Spice chicken in the cookbook. It cooks in the microwave and is so good and fast!

H-Ko - Good job staying OP.

I'm up working waiting to be able to test after my upgrade. I've done my part and just have to wait on the others now.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:43 PM   #32  
RNMOM

Default Barb

I just look at your stats and am just in awe! You are soooo my hero! Sigh...........can I have your autograph! I know I can do this!

We sorta started the same and did the same except you kept going and I fell and fell and fell and fell...........anyway, you're amazing!
Old 08-26-2005, 11:45 PM   #33  
The cat lady

Default Melatonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefarious_wytch
what is melatonin?
"Melatonin is the all-natural nightcap. It's secreted by the pineal gland, a pea-size structure at the center of the brain, as our eyes register the fall of darkness.

"At night melatonin is produced to help our bodies regulate our sleep-wake cycles. The amount of it produced by our body seems to lessen as we get older. Scientists believe this may be why young people have less problem sleeping than older people.

"Studies suggest that... supplements can hasten sleep and ease jet lag, without the hazards or side effects of prescription sleeping pills."

http://www.melatonin.com/

You can buy it at Walmart or any drug store. I usually get it at the health food store.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:45 AM   #34  

Thanks, RNMOM! I've actually stalled quite a bit lately. At this point I've stalled the last month or so. But I don't worry about it. I'll get there eventually and I'm so much healthier than before. You'll get there. You can do this! Look how far YOU have come.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:51 AM   #35  
krazy binging insomiac

well i went to the pharmacy to look into getting some melatonin (which you can get over the counter) but apparently it reacts badly with anti-depressants...which i'm on......so thanks for the advice but that's one option that is not available to me.

thanks anyway
Closed Thread