South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 04:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Default THURSDAY CHAT: August 25

Happy Thursday Morning Chicks !

Well, not much to report from my side of the pond.

I'm still trying to get my house de-cluttered and prepare myself for my return to school. We return in mid-September. I'm getting anxious about the whole college thing and trying to keep my mind off it by doing housework

Yesterday we had a power outage from 4am till 10am. I'm not sure if it was storms that caused it, but the season is definitely starting to change now. We lit our first fire of the season last night, we were actually cold watching TV.

We'll probably now have about 5 weeks of up and down unpredictable weather - September can be a beautiful month here but it can also be very autumnal.

Have a fabulous day on the Beach all of you.

Last edited by Artemis__; 08-25-2005 at 04:43 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-25-2005, 06:16 AM   #2  

Good morning!

Artemis I am so jealous- I would give anything to be cold! It has been nothing but hot, hot, hot here in Dallas!

Back on Phase 1- I really did eat and drink what I felt like over the weekend, so my body is ready for detox. I am just so tired everyday- I don't know what the deal is with that. It seems like I get sleep every night! Who knows.....

Work today and then dinner at my mom's tonight. DH is taking both girls this morning, so I only have to get myself out of the house. Yippee! I will get the baby up for her bottle before I leave, but that is it. Ahhhhh...

Have a super day on the beach!
Old 08-25-2005, 06:46 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

It's pretty cool here too. The Girls and I decided coffee on the deck was not an option this morning. Not quite time for the woodstove over here, Artemis.

Kiko, you have two kids, a DH, a house to run and a job. That could just possible be why you are tired, ya think? And it's hot which is very wearing.

The rug is up and out and the floor looks pretty good! It will need some very light sanding to get rid of some paint slops. Obviously the people painted before putting in the wall to wall and didn't give a damn about the floor. Pigs! Didn't they realize they were dealing with my family homestead?

Food has been just terrible the past week or so. I've been a bit down about Harry and I guess I'm an emotional eater. Aren't we all? Today will be a pure day though.

I need to lug out the recycle and then get organized for Claire who is coming to pull out floor staples. I'm going to hide the new wallpaper or she'll decide to hang it too! She should be working for Extreme Makeover - Home Edition! It's wonderful to have such an enthused friend though.

Have a lovely day on The Beach.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:04 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks a quickie for me I need to get dd up, she has an orthodontist app this morning. Her dentist informed that she need braces a month ago. I totally lost it as she already had them. Her 12 year old molars for some reason are not coming in right, they are acting like wisdom teeth. Which she does not have. Anyway I am heading there this morning and they probably won't be happy to see me, I am going to remind him that he convinced me to put them in her mouth when she was in grade 3 beacause he told me she had all of her teeth and if we didn't do it know her eye teeth would cause big problems and she would need dental surgery and then braces anyway Anyway thats my fun today. Then I need to go pay a few bills, then back home to do a few things then I have to work tonight at the store. I really can't wait til the kids are back in school then maybe I can get back OP again.

Artemis- Thanks for starting us up. It is chilly here to this morning I actually had to put on a sweater.

Kiko- sorry to hear you are so tired. Have a great day.

Ruth- glad to hear the floor only needs a light sanding. Take care. I understand about emotional eating. I am that way.

Well I have to dash I was longer winded than I intended. Have a great day on the beach chicks.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:25 AM   #5  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Mornin'! It's going to be a beautiful day here. Today will be spent both teaching and being taught. I really am going to like my evolution class, I've had lower evo. classes and I find it fascinating, plus the professor thinks I'm smart...hehehe..got him fooled real good !!!!! My GIS class is another story, it's basically just learning a computer mapping program, which is used extensively in science but I have a feeling I will hate it. Plus...one of my classmates in that class is one of my students in the undergraduate biology lab I teach...go figure!! He's just about to graduate and needed the lab credit. We're both adults so I'm sure this little situation won't be a problem.

Have a great day, chicks!! I'll check in later!
Old 08-25-2005, 07:39 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Little Chick and Fungus Amung Us!

Just popping in to announce that Miss Lucy has finally gone into heat so I'm off to the vet for bloodwork and then will be on the phone lining up the new boyfriend for her. I'll be a Grand***** again by the end of October! Yippee! I love puppies!
Old 08-25-2005, 08:02 AM   #7  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicklets~~

As Dh reminded me, only 25 more days of getting up at the @sscrack of dawn! This vampire is retiring from the predawn hours. I'm gonna stick to being a daytime only vampire. Seriously, the 12+ hour days are wearing me out, so I've decided to give up the nursing home (boss is gonna have a litter of kittens over that!) at the end of September.

Ruth, glad you're getting some help with the household chores. So sorry you're feeling blue.

Artemis, I'm a tad jealous you're getting the nice cool weather. But we'll be there soon enough, so I'll be patient.

Kiko, with your busy schedule, you have a right to be exhausted, sweetie! Maybe some iron and B12 would give you a little boost. It sure helps me.

Little Chick, hey if the braces caused the probs with the molars, make THEM pay to correct it! I'd be too!!

And I think I must have missed something... Sweet Tooth, I know I sound like a dunderhead, but what happened, sweetie??? Let me know please?

Well, gotta fly!
Old 08-25-2005, 08:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

Good Mornin' ya'll! Juat popping in to say Hi before getting Julia ready for school. I was bad and let the kids eat oatmeal cookies and milk for breakfast. Baby was fussy all through the night so until the coffee kicks in I feel a bit fuzzy headed . I think naps are in order later this morning!!

So far I am down 9 1/2 lbs and I am feeling a lot better physically. The difference is really amazing -- I didnt' realize how crappy the sugar and bad carbs were making me feel. Hope this keeps me motivated as well as my other motivators.

Off to pick out clothes for the kids... Have a great day chickies!!!!
Old 08-25-2005, 08:31 AM   #9  

Hi Ladies!

I got up late this morning. But luckily had some breakfast cheesecakes in the fridge to keep me on track. I am sipping water as I type. I'm proud of myself b/c I made it to the gym last night. Having not been OP for several days I decided to step on the scale to see what damage I had done. I was pleasantly surprised and moved the scale several times b/c it showed I was down another pound. Then I wanted to beat myself up. If I lost a pound during all of that, how much weight would I have lost if I made better choices. As I always say, you can only go forwards.

I am also dealing with the unpleasant side effect of losing my breasts. I'm not filling out my bra cup any more. I know it is a good sign to the changes that I am making, but darn it... why do they have to be the first thing to go?

Well, I better get to work. I hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 08-25-2005, 08:41 AM   #10  
Kyemom

Morning Beach Chicks!! How is everyone feeling this morning? I am good.. ..waiting to see the scale drop again. .Maybe if I have a "celebration" soon, they will finally drop!! lol...
Ruth- Glad your floors are gonna be so awesome- My girl should be going in heat, when you pups are due ...I can't wait either. ...gotta find a male!!
Pear- I too am taking classes, and it turns out my Math teacher is a Rocket Scientist for NASA ...OK how hard is this class gonna be?. ..A little freaked out here
LC- I agree...I would make the ortho. pay for those braces...he screwed up
Sweet Tea- WTG on the poundage. ..keep up the good work
Mama- I know you need a break ....the boss will get over it
Artemis- It is 63 degrees here this morning, I love it
Kiko- Sending some cool air your way
Me- DS football practice again tonight...spend my life at the field..but it is fun..Thinking of taking the kids to the beach (real beach..lol) on Labor day, as a surprise...they should be very happy ....Have a great day all....Where is Ellis? She is MIA again...We love you Ellis..hope you are OK!!!
Old 08-25-2005, 08:42 AM   #11  
Kyemom

Missed your post DJett...good job on the loss...be possitive and look forward!!
Old 08-25-2005, 09:11 AM   #12  

Height: 5'-2"

How sweet of you to miss me, Kyemom. I thought I mentioned that I was going to the cottage for a few days... Maybe I forgot?
We got back last night, and had a lovely time. It was VERY chilly in the evenings, and we only swam in the lake once. No bugs, though!

My DH is just pulling in the driveway, and I KNOW he's going to talk my ear off, so I'll be back in a bit.
Love you all...
Old 08-25-2005, 09:29 AM   #13  

Artemis... good luck returning back to your studies. The only time my house is ever really spotless is when I am procrastinating from doing my readings LOL

Kiko... Good Luck for Phase 1

Ruth... Emotional eating sucks... hugs to you.

Little chick... I hope that your day with your daughter at the dentist is Ok and that you are back on track with eating soon

Pearshape... What are you studying??? I used to study archaeology and loved the anthropology and evolutionary biology... very exciting stuff

Mamacita... 12 hour day!!!! How do you manage??? You must be superwoman!

Sweet Tea... I hope that you catch up on some sleep soon.

Dana... funny how your breasts are the first place that you lose weight - me too.. but my girls could do with losing a bit

Kyemom... The beach would be great... we are just planning our Christmas holiday now and are hoping to get some beach time in

Ellis.. The cabin sounds lovely. We decided to book a cabin in the sunshine coast hinterland to get away from it all over xmas and New year... it is right near a massive lake and we have a few acres to ourselves. So lovely

Well I found out a few nights ago that my nanna had a heart attack.. so I am feeling a bit sad. She has been in and out of hospital for the last month and they workied out that she had had a heartattack in her sleep this week to top it all off... she is 93... so hardly a surprise. But she has taken care of me most of my life - so I am struggling to work through her not being around too much longer. My daughter and I will spend tomorrow with her, taking some pictures and some video and having a lovely play now that she is out of hospital today.

My eating is going well, despite the emotional stuff. Which is a nice change for me.

Hope you all have a wonderful OP day on the sand.

I am off to bed.. night
Old 08-25-2005, 09:32 AM   #14  
Kyemom

Hugs to you Marianna!
Old 08-25-2005, 09:47 AM   #15  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks

Nothing really new at my end of the woods. Just going shopping for next week menu,if call that fun Going to take a walk along the beach,and going to start reading my new book called "the Watchers" by Dean Koontz.

Artemis-Thanks for starting the thread this morn.Sorry for you power outage.Hope it back this morn. We had it cooler up here also.Leaning forward to the cold air again,as I'm a winter lover. Can't stand the hot weather ,you can always put on clothes when your cold but You can't take off you skin.

Kiko-Sorry about your stiill in the Hot Days of Summer. Sending some [[[[cooling vibes]]]] your way.Good Luck on Phase 1

Ruth-What color scheme do you have in your house.???????New floors, We're thinking of getting our hardwood floors polystyrene in the neear future.

Little Chick-Good luck at the dentist. Gee! I remember those days like it was just yesterday.

Pearshape-Good luck with your classes this year.

Mamacita-Don't stress out on vampires day or night, I love vamp books any old way.

Sweet Tea-big congrats on your 9.5 total weight loss

Djett-You see you must of been OP ortherwise you would have gained. Congrats on your 1 lbs loss.

Kyemom-Have a wonderfulLabor day on the beach. Not going near the beachs on LD can't stand the crowds anymore. Your post with all the smilies, reminds me or "Gone Fishing" we're is she anyway.

To all I have missed,because I'm a slow poster. Have a wonderful beach day Hugs BB

Hi Ellis & Marianne.

Last edited by beach bum; 08-25-2005 at 09:51 AM.
Closed Thread