South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 02:13 PM   #31  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

My Mom named me Kieran Bridget and you saw my last name
Kieran means little and dark and bridget means Strength
I also Lived outside Dublin for a year it was great!
Crap training time bbiab
Old 08-11-2005, 02:38 PM   #32  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

All these pretty Irish names and I got stuck with Lisa Marie. Lisa after father, Lee, and Marie after my great grandma (it's an Irish name I guess.) Although a lot of people will tell you that my parents just really liked Elvis. Everyone in college called me "Lisa Marie Presley Davis." Ha. Haha. Ha. Funny. AND original!
Old 08-11-2005, 03:17 PM   #33  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Weez don't feel bad I spent most of my life being called Karen
and anyone who was familiar asked me if I knew it was a Man's name, My response is Do I look like a man?
Old 08-11-2005, 04:15 PM   #34  
Who needs sleep?

I'm a pretty good mix, but largely Celtic (Irish, Scottish, Welsh) with some German, English, and Dutch and some long-ago Scandanavian (mainly Danes). My MN is Norton. Most of the Irish, Scottish, and Dutch comes from my Dad, while Mom is responsible for the Welsh and Danish/Scandinavian. I get English and German from both. Quite a mix! Not as bad as my SIL, though - she is half Norwegian and half Swedish - the joke is that she is always at war with herself!

My parents picked the name Heather because it was (they thought!) unusual and it was Celtic. In the small city where I live there is another person with my same name (I think even the same MI), who is a teacher at a local middle school (I'm studying to be a middle/high school teacher). Maybe I should change my name! My parents had a hissy fit the last time I suggested it, though, because they love the name Heather so much!

KO - I love the name Kieran, and considered it for DS before he was born. In this country, girls are given boys' names all the time, so I don't see the big deal myself. It's certainly not as boyish as Taylor or Cameron or Rhys or Aidan, IMHO! It sounds like a nice variation of Karen to me. I think it makes a very pretty girl's name.

Schatzi, Scots often use "colleen" to mean girl (like, "she's a bonnie colleen"), could that be what your Grandpa meant?

RNMOM, that sounds like fun, but I bet it feels goooooood to be back in civilization! Soaky bath time!

Ellis - thanks for the good luck wish! I'm hoping this one works out, as DH seems a really good fit with the company. The pay isn't as good as his last job, but it beats unemployment! Plus I think he'd be happier here than he was at his last employer, and that's pretty important. And my day is looking up - my little boy just crawled up into my lap a minute ago and gave me a "tiss" - he's already into mischief again, but that's okay!

Okay, now it's a few hours after I started this post - my MIL made it, and DH is back from his interview (went well, now wait and see....). DS just woke up as his Grandma was leaving - he'd fallen asleep snuggled up to her.

That's all for now!
Old 08-11-2005, 04:41 PM   #35  
I vant to draw your blood

Well, while we're discussing our pedigrees...

I'm predominately Viking/Mexican with some Welsh/Scots thrown in. With the exception of the Welsh, who, for the most part just tried to mind their own business, I come from a very BLOOD THIRSTY LOT! My poor DD's have Irish/Italian added to the mix.

In the late 1800's, my paternal great-grandparents ran a Scandinavian bathhouse in San Diego. My maternal grandfather was a gun runner for Pancho Villa during the Mexican revolution, and he "acquired" my grandmother by kidnapping her and taking her to Mexico on a private railroad car!

Now you know why I'm such an oddball!
Closed Thread