South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 07:26 PM   #1  

Default Work Potluck

I'm stressing out a little bit about work Friday.We have a monthly potluck for all the birthdays that month. Anyone have an idea for a dish I can bring that'll keep me OP and also help me refuse all the cakes and goodies? I'm still on Ph1.

Thanks for all your help
Old 08-10-2005, 07:31 PM   #2  

Sues, Did you check out the Receipe thread for phase 1... Taco Bake is a hit with all .. Peanut Butter Cookies or Chocolate Meringue cookies are good too if you choose to bring a dessert item..
Old 08-10-2005, 08:04 PM   #3  

how about something like a salad. That way you know you'll have something to eat and alot of people will like it to go with dishes that other people have brought.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:49 PM   #4  
going places

I'm liking the salad idea...how about a 4 bean salad (if you like that sort of thing) or some deviled eggs?

I always bring deviled eggs and the bean salad to gatherings...I'm also going to add that cucumber salad that shatzi recommended to me a few weeks back...had that with supper tonight...YUMMMMMMM.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:59 PM   #5  
Who needs sleep?

I made some Greek Salad Kabobs last summer that were a hit. If I recall, I threaded on each short bamboo skewer: a slice of English cucumber, a small cherry tomato, a pitted Kalamata olive, and a piece of red or yellow bell pepper. Then I mixed up a simple vinaigrette of Balsamic vinegar and olive oil with salt, pepper, and oregano and poured that over the skewers in a tupperware container, sprinkled some feta cheese over the top, and let it marinate a few hours before serving. They went fast! The pieces should be small, so people can eat a skewer in 1-2 bites.

You could also make a sugarfree, crustless cheesecake, sweetened with Splenda, if you wanted something sweet. The Phase 1 Breakfasts recipes forum had a recipe for a sugarless cheesecake. Personally, I'm not into sweets; I prefer salads!
Old 08-11-2005, 08:22 AM   #6  

You can always do a deli meat tray with cheeses. OR, how about that awesome shredded pork from the recipie section. It is excellent. Everyone will love it.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:26 AM   #7  

Should've read your post better. You need sweet ideas. I guess my best advice is to really fill up on meal time food, and make sure you have some sbd treats waiting for you there, in case you feel the need. Think about how good you will feel if you are able to just say no to all the sugary junk. You will go home feeling great.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:28 AM   #8  
Kyemom

could you make a big peanut butter cup?...like a box of sf fudgesicles, jar of pb, tub of ff cool whip...mix & serve
Old 08-11-2005, 09:29 AM   #9  

Make the black bean brownies. They are sweet and no one will know that they are beans. They are very yummy.

Good luck.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:20 PM   #10  

Thanks for all the great Ideas. I've been wanting to try the bean brownies so I'll do that and Deviled eggs. I'm going to pack a can of tuna and a tomato just in case I can't eat any of the meats.
I love this board. I can get ideas and be inspired and feel like someone else knows what I'm going thru all at the same place. You guys rock
Old 08-11-2005, 02:46 PM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

You all are helping me out greatly, too. I had forgotten that we have a "Retreat" at the Principal's house on Monday, all day. "Bring a dish to pass." I'll have to figure something out. You have great ideas!
Old 08-11-2005, 06:41 PM   #12  

the above are great ideas
Old 08-14-2005, 10:01 AM   #13  

Well, I made the brownies and some yummy deviled eggs, only problem is my DD ended up with strep throat and I missed work on Friday. I'm glad I avoided the temptation but I'm sorry my girlie is sick.

Thanks for all the great ideas tho.
Closed Thread