South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 11:11 AM   #1  
Slow and Steady...

Default Words of Wisdom? I'm Stuck!

Hey Everyone!

I was so glad to find all of you South Beachers at 3FC! I have been on SBD for 8 weeks and have lost 26.5 pounds! I have been really motivated to keep going because the weight keeps coming off, but the past few weeks the scale has not changed! I have been behaving, but nothing!

Any suggestions out there about what I should change/add/delete in my diet?

Also...I'm going camping this weekend, and salad doesn't do well in a cooler. Any thoughs and suggestions about what I can take to stay on track?

Thanks!

Barb

Last edited by Barb1037; 08-08-2005 at 11:19 AM.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:52 AM   #2  
I will be-SEXY mom of 6!

WELL, i do not have experience with this as of yet because I just started. But, I have heard of that happening! WAY TO GO, for staying on track regaurdless of you recent NON-weight change. That can be discouraging, but you have stuck to it..... your my inspiration! I am interested to see what people say about camping cause I will be going camping too and I am wondering the same thing! GOOD LUCK!!
Old 08-08-2005, 02:21 PM   #3  
beachbum

Hi Barb

Big Congrats on your 26.5 lb loss The reason your stalled, it that your body is trying to ajust to your new weight.You lose again, Patience is a Virture..

As far as what to take along in a cooler.I used 3 beans salad in a cooler without losing the crispness.: I made the oil vingarette on the side and than I added it to the salad,before it was served. Thats my 2 cents. Hope that helps

Hugs BB
Old 08-08-2005, 02:41 PM   #4  
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

CONGRATS on losing 26.5 lbs. That's fantastic and in only 8 weeks. I think Barb is right with your body adjusting. When I have lost weight in the past, that has been my experience. I would get stuck every 5-7 pounds or so. And each time I would be so discouraged. I thought that maybe my body was "done" losing weight. And then it would drop again eventually, providing I didn't get so discouraged that I quit being good about eating. It's hard to say no to bad food choices when you feel like your body isn't cooperating.

Wish I had some advise on the camping food. The bean salad sounds like a good idea.

Good luck and have fun camping.

Leann
Old 08-08-2005, 03:06 PM   #5  
Slow and Steady...

Thanks, Beach Bum, for the 3 bean salad idea! I will use it! It just so happens that no one else in my family likes it but me...that way I know I won't have to share (I'm the youngest and never did share well ).

Thanks for the words of encouragement, fatmomto6chicks and Nittany25! I will "stay on the straight and narrow" and hopefully have good news within the next few days!

Barb
Old 08-08-2005, 03:09 PM   #6  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Congrats on the loss. I have to agree that your body stops and readjusts it's self every once in a while. Especially after you have lost a lot. Hang in there!!

Camping foods that I could think of would be:
Nuts (package for portion size)
Brick Cheese or cheese sticks (if not to hot where you are going)
crackers
tomatoes
cucumbers (don't peel and slice until ready to eat and they will last for a long time)
bell peppers
Zuccini
V8 Juice
Roasted Chickpeas
Boiled eggs (again depending on heat)
pre cooked chicken breast (heat issue also)
whole wheat bagels or english muffins & no sugar added jam
apples, necturines, peaches, strawberries

Depening on how long you are going to be gone, if you can find shade for your cooler and if you have a good cooler some of the heat issue items would last for 2-3 days without any problems. Hope this helps you generate ideas. Have fun camping!!
Old 08-08-2005, 03:37 PM   #7  
Slow and Steady...

Wow! Thanks Sheba's Mom! I could be eating better than the rest of the family. You listed things I wouldn't have thought of. Thanks, also, for the encouragement!

Barb
Old 08-08-2005, 03:42 PM   #8  

Hi, Barb, you have done great! Plateus are normal. Just stay OP and you will get past it.

As far as camping, search the forum for camping and see what you find. There have been several discussions of camping foods in the past. Will you have electricity? I like to bring my small George Foreman grill. I bring reduced fat cheese and whole wheat tortillas and sliced ham and make quesadillas. I also make ham and cheese rollups. I bring raw zucchini and raw cauliflower. I bring WW mini bagels for breakfast. I can also grill chicken breasts or steaks too. Now if I don't have electricity then it is a different story!
Old 08-08-2005, 06:05 PM   #9  

Hey.. I just wanted to say that your progress is fabulous. Perhaps increasing the frequency and duration of your exercise, or do something totally different will budge that stall.... have a marvelous time camping.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:14 PM   #10  

One easy meal is FF hot dogs...I know they are a once a week meal, but it would be a good dinner one night!!
I love to make shish ka bobs...if you bring the vegies along you only need a piece of meat to make your meal complete!!
I also like lean lunch meat and that makes a wonderful sandwhich on Whole wheat or sourdough!!! Just add lots of vegies and you will have a salad on a sandwhich!!
Have a great time!!!!
Old 08-08-2005, 06:28 PM   #11  
I vant to draw your blood

Barb,

congrats on the FANTASTIC start!!

Yup, I'd say the stall is definitely your body's way of playing catch up. You wouldn't want to look like one of my patients who lost 138 pounds (gastric bypass) in less than 18 months. She's only 52 but her wrinkles make her look like she's 72!

As far as camping foods, may I add:

Laughing Cow Light cheese wedges
Whole Wheat Crackers
Canned Tuna or Salmon
Natural Style Peanut Butter
Celery Sticks
Ranch Dressing (I like to dip grilled zucchini in it as well as use as a dressing for tuna or salmon salad)
Fantastic Foods Refried Beans (They're dehydrated and all you add is hot water)

Hope all these suggestions help you have an enjoyable eating experience on your camping trip.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:32 AM   #12  
Slow and Steady...

Thanks to everyone for the great encouragement about my stall! I will stay on the straight and narrow, and hopefully start moving forward again soon. I'll let you know.

Thanks, too, for all of the great food suggestions! Once I read the suggestions, I thought, "Why didn't I think of that!" I guess that's what friends are for!

Barb
Old 08-09-2005, 09:36 AM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Great job!!! There was a post I started around June 28th or so about camping and the gals gave great suggestions!!
Old 08-09-2005, 09:49 AM   #14  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Barb, don't divert too far from the straight and narrow, but mix it up a little. Eat different things than before or eat them at different times...like switch your normal afternoon and morning snacks, or each your starch at dinner instead of lunch. Drink lots of water, and change around your exercise routine, too. Try doing a different type of exercise or do a different level of intensity. If you've been on the treadmill or elliptical, try doing interval training...short bursts of intense movement coupled with periods of regular intensity. These things can help you break a plateau. They are annoying, but normal. If you stay the course with patience, you'll see the other side. When you get desperate, you might try P1 for a short time, or even a small indulgence. For some reason, sometimes that gets you started!
Old 08-10-2005, 11:26 AM   #15  

hang in there. the above is some great info
Closed Thread