South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 11:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/248/170

Height: 5'7"

Default hi everyone can I join?

I am really serious this time, hubby and I have personal trainer at the gym (we joined 6 months ago and never go) so now he is helping us. It was very embarrassing when he measured us, my hubby has smaller measurements all around and my fat was 42% but he said I had a lot of muscle (I guess you just can't see it) anyway he gave us this diet that was so gross I told my husband I am going on phase 1 of SB (ex of diet from gym) can of tuna mixed with mashed potatoes yukkkkkkk the Dr told us both to go on SB so I am following Dr advice. I really like this site it seems everyone helps each other and I need that, I have played around with low carb diet since the 70's when Dr Atkins diet book first came out, my parents were following it, anyway I love to laugh (instead of cry) about my weight, I know it is not really funny but that is how my family deals with the pain of being fat. I asked the trainer at the gym, wouldn’t be nice if my parents gave me the genes of Lance Armstrong (7 X tour De France winner) then at least I would have a good foundation, but my parents and grandparents love food and hate exercise , so I need to work harder anyway glad to be here

thanks

Lynne
Old 07-26-2005, 12:00 PM   #2  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Hi Lynne,

I'm new, too. Well, new to the forum, not to weight "issues." I'm not following the SB diet "specifically," just going low carb and high protein on my own. I have a personal trainer, too, and she has CHANGED my life! I'm in a rut right now, so I thought I'd cruise/lurk through the forum to get re-inspired. I had planned to be just a "lurker" but everyone here is SO supportive that it was easy to just jump right in.

Welcome, and it's nice to "meet" another newbie!!

- Kate
Old 07-26-2005, 12:30 PM   #3  

Welcome to the beach!!
Old 07-26-2005, 12:44 PM   #4  
Kyemom

Welcome...pull up a towel and don't forget your sunscreen!!!
Old 07-26-2005, 12:54 PM   #5  

Welcome to the Beach, Lynne! Be sure to check out the stickies at the top of the Frequently Asked Question area. And the recipes - there are lots of good ones.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:50 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Welcome Lynne, from one who used to love food and hate exercise too. I still like to eat, but now I like things that make me feel good rather than just things that taste good but leave me feeling sick.

SBD is wonderful...and congrats on getting in the gym! Exercise is so key to weight loss!
Old 07-26-2005, 04:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 248/248/170

Height: 5'7"

Default thank you everyone

I am really excited

Lynne
Old 07-26-2005, 04:19 PM   #8  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Welcome to the beach Plumeria45 & LovesBassets. Pull up a beach towel and settle right in.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:18 AM   #9  

BEACH BADGES AWARDED TO KATE AND LYNNE! EVERYBODY ROLL TO YOUR RIGHT ...MAKE ROOOOOOM!!!!!
Old 07-27-2005, 10:39 AM   #10  
Kyemom

LOL...Schatzi..you are a trip!!
Closed Thread