South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 01:51 AM   #1  

Red face SBD Cheese Pizza

So after 2 weeks I gave myself a little treat and had the south beach diet cheese pizza. It was extremely tiny but with a nice salad and some veggies I felt good. The pizza first bite was ok but as I had more I really began to enjoy it. It took a while to get used to the crust/bottom of it but the cheese was really tasty. I have missed pizza a lot and its good to know I can have that as a treat. On a second hand my picky 3 year old loved it and wanted it more along with my husband who thought it was pretty good!

So my review...

Pro: Its PIZZA! Yummy and cheese does have flavor, Convienent which I love

Cons: size but hey at least I got some pizza!
Old 07-26-2005, 08:34 AM   #2  
Kyemom

Are they individual or a family size pizza?
Old 07-26-2005, 10:00 AM   #3  

Individual size. When I got the box it looked tiny but it wasnt even close to being that big when I took it out. But I was happy I finally got pizza!
Old 07-26-2005, 10:10 AM   #4  

Since the SBD Pizzas are not microwavable, I haven't been interested in them. I take a whole wheat pita bread and add Ragu pizza sauce and some RF mozzarella. Then I can add whatever toppings I want (and each person in my family can get what they want). I usually use Canadian bacon, onions and mushrooms. Then I pop it in the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese and get the pita as crispy as I like. That's what dinner was last night when I only had a few minutes to throw something together before Brian's gymnastics and swim lessons. I believe my pizza is cheaper than the frozen and takes less time to put together. I know my toppings are lower fat and that my cheese is reduced fat. I also did have some cabbage with dressing to add some additional vegetables.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:11 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I know that craving well! I make myself a pizza using a whole wheat small pita as base. I add sf tomato sauce, herbs, chpped veggies, some Canadian bacon and top it with ff cheese. Yummy and I know what's in it. I usually make two and freeze one for another meal.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:55 AM   #6  

Barb and Ruth- Those sound good! I just take the easy way out and if I can put something in the micro or oven and its yummy I am all for it. My hubby is the cook in the house and not me!!
Old 07-26-2005, 04:32 PM   #7  

boboli makes a whole wheat crust and it it real yummy!
Old 07-26-2005, 05:10 PM   #8  

I've also tried the SB pizza and enjoyed it. I wish it was microwave so I could take to lunch after I'm done with phase 1 again; but it still helped with a quick pizza fix.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:13 PM   #9  

ang- I would prob eat the whole dang pizza if I made it myself!! I am bad with portion control and am a bad bad girl!
Old 07-26-2005, 06:12 PM   #10  
Started SBD 1/26/04

KimberlyHeidi just thought I would share what I did to help me with portion control when I was beginning to try to get it under control (still have some problems there but doing much, much better).

I put everything I thought I wanted to eat on my dinner plate. Then I would take another plate and take half of what I had put on my dinner plate and put it on the 2nd plate. I then set that 2nd plate somewhere so that it wasn't in my line of sight and eat what was left on my original dinner plate. I would also make sure I drank a least 8 oz of water while I ate.

I made two conditions to eating anything off of that 2nd plate. The first one being that I had finished my 8 oz of water and the second being that I waited at least 20 minutes from the time I put the last bite of food in my mouth until I could take anything off of that 2nd plate. I didn't start with 20 minutes in the beginning because I was having a problem with waiting that long. I think I started with 10 minutes and then worked up to 20 minutes.

It didn't take me long to realize that I really was full and didn't need the rest of that food to be full. Now I drink 16oz of water with my dinner and just pay attention to how much a cup of what I am taking would be or how much of the meat would be 3 oz and so on.

My hubby has horrible portion control and I have noticed that he has been watching what I am doing and is starting to do the same thing and is eating less at dinner.

Also what is on that 2nd plate is usually enough for lunch the next day so when you don't eat it at night it is already there for you for lunch the next day.

Don't know if this would work for you or not but it really worked for me.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:34 PM   #11  

Karla- That is a GREAT idea. I will try it and thanks!
Closed Thread