South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 12:11 PM   #16  

gracelikerain- try the pizza alternatives in the recipes section. I tried the zucchini pizza and it totally satisfied the two pizza lovers in our house! yum!
Old 07-19-2005, 02:39 PM   #17  

darling that sounds good. I miss pizza so much. Will have to try it too
Old 07-19-2005, 03:57 PM   #18  
Princess

Thanks darlingchick! I'll have to try that one! I posted about a crustless pizza the other day, but for some reason I just was to tired to cook and just had what was easiest. The good news is, it really didn't seem to have an effect on me, at least not that I can feel/see.

I am definitely grateful for this board so I know I'm not alone in this. The recipe section has been a life saver for me!
Old 07-19-2005, 03:58 PM   #19  

same here. i love to cook and i've enjoyed trying all the new things! i was a bit dissapointed with the recipes in the book alone- but this board has opened up a whole new section of the beach for me!
Old 07-19-2005, 10:05 PM   #20  

I cant wait to get my SBD cookbook!
Old 07-20-2005, 12:14 AM   #21  

Default One more gym motivation trick

I have one gym motivation trick to add to Darlingchick's list. I have all of my favorite Jimmy Buffett music on my mp3 player. I don't allow myself to listen to it any other time than when I'm in the gym. I find myself looking forward to my "Buffett time" rather than dreading the exercise. It sounds like the watching the SITC videos might be a similar approach.

Great job everyone on the losses!
Old 07-20-2005, 09:44 AM   #22  

Leslie- That is a great idea. I have my treadmill and bike in my downstairs living room with all my sex and the city dvd's. Now I just need to force myself to do it and find time doing it. You would think with being a stay at home mom I would have plenty of time but it seems like I never do! I have been bad this week I was supposed to start working out on Mon and that never happened =(
I gotta get my tush on that treadmill!
Old 07-20-2005, 10:16 AM   #23  

Default Finding time as a stay at home mom? HA!

The day isn't nearly as long as you think it is when you're a stay at home mom. I worked 40-50 hours per week until 3 years ago. I thought I'd have time to keep the house really nice, play tennis, read. Pu-leeeeze! If I manage to get one thing done between the hours of 9 and 3 it's a miracle. Only now I don't have a good excuse for the messy house!

Good luck!
Old 07-20-2005, 10:46 AM   #24  
Princess

Leslie & kimberly, what a great idea to "treat" yourself to a workout. I have a cross trainer in my spare room which has a tv/dvd in it. Hubby hs bought me 3 seasons so far of the show Friends on DVD, which I love! What a great way to watch these and workout to boot! Now, how do I keep myself from falling off the machine while laughing?!

Also, this will be a nice break for me from the teenagers . I homeschool, and sometimes need to take a breather but don't want to leave to go to the gym. Now I just have to remind myself that this will be my break
Closed Thread