South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 05:46 AM   #1  

Default Wonderful Wednesday On The Beach!!!

WhooHooo, It's WEDNESDAY!! RISE N SHINE all you Mahvalous CHICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday's are my official weigh in days.... ALAS, the Scale Gods did not look Favorably upon my efforts... They decided to teach me a lesson in patience as I sit upon this pernicious pesky plateau. AH I HAVE FAITH!!! I WILL win the war!!!

DH hath return from Caroliner.(must.keep.Joisey.Accent.). He reports that the Landlordess Loves to WALK.. as I do...however, SHE IS A FITNESS FANATIC... and wants to get a job as a FITNESS INSTRUCTOR... I fear that she is going to take me under her wing as a "project".Sigh, I sense doom. Ah but then again, this could be a good thing.

I am having a most scrumptious cup of cawfee... as my furbabies snork and snarfle, and dear hubby looks so cute but sounds like a freight train...
Old 07-13-2005, 05:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning

Wow Schatzi you're up early!!
Sorry about the scales. Laughing at the Joisey Accent, I can just hear you now!

Another hot day here in lil ol' England. Things seem to be settled now after the events of last week, and our Police are doing a great job at tracking down those who were responsible. Just getting on with our lives.

Anyway due to the heat, I've decided I CAN NOT WORKOUT IN MY HOME, its just too hot. I need the gym and its blissful air con! So I'm headed over there in an hour and will be home for a nice Greek Salad for lunch.

Feeling good on the beach, a little light headed, very weak in the morning until I eat breakfast, but so far so good.

And cravings? None !!

Have a lovely day on the beach all of you.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:11 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, darlings!

Schatzi, I just KNOW you're going to aquire a deep south accent. Never mind, dear... you'll be able to communicate with some of the other gals here. heh heh.

Artemis, I hear ya re: the heat. It's quite dreadful. According to CBC, there is no longer any such thing as "normal weather". You're smart to go to the gym!

I'm seeing the "sit-in" psychiatrist today. Should be tricky, as I always manage to pull myself together when I go out.
No coffee for me this morning... I'll have to wait until I get home. ha! THAT should put me in a foul mood!

I hope everyone has a great day, girls!
Old 07-13-2005, 07:14 AM   #4  

Good Morning!

Schatzi: sorry to hear about the plateau-but you've certainly got the right attitude! As for the landlordess-hey at least she won't be bringing you a welcome-to-the-neighborhood cake

Artemis: have fun at the gym

Well I passed my test-yay! But last night I was soooo ill! It was Day 4 and don't know if it was bc my period is due or from the food or a combo but WHOA-I came very close to passing out in the store.Had a headache and then I got this MAJOR hot flash, and started sweating perfusely, then I was cold and clammy.Went home and straight to bed and could feel my pulse twitching the cold washcloth on my face. My heart was thumping and when I took my pulse it was only 60-which is very low for me. Scary.

Really hoping today is better.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:38 AM   #5  
K@t
Babywaby

Morning all,

Schatzi - I'm sure the scale gods will reward you next week if you promise to make lots of offerings during this week! So offer up all the exercise you can and slaughter any of those cravings you might have, these should apease the scale gods. If not we can just kill the scale and offer it up as a sacrifice

Artemis - Glad your ok and that people are trying to get back to normal there. I live in Portugal and after Madrid, lots of people were scared here too. But some people just don't have a choice but to take public transport. They have tightened security up a lot here in the last few weeks as well. Good luck at the gym, I have an AC in my living room so thats where I try to work out, otherwise I have a fan on in the room where my treadmill is.

JustJess - Hey I know about that woosey feeling, I actually passed out in my shower just before I started SBD and I think it was because of my blood sugar always being out of wack. It's very scarey! Thankfully my sister was at home. Be careful about eatting to little, try to make sure you eat all your snacks. During phase one I think every one feels a little woosey, so we try not to do to much in those weeks. Twords the end of phase 1 you should feel better and in phase 2 a lot better.

Me - Well, I wish I had more time to post here, I am relativly new and haven't gotten to know all of you yet. I keep posting on the exercise challenege at a minimum. Work has been crazy, and I have been trying really hard to stick to SBD. It's hard because my hubby likes to eat chips and stuff right in front of me. He just doesn't understand how hard it is. He thinks if I'm not suppose to eat it then I just won't. It's a daily struggle, but today I was down .5lb so that makes it worth it! I made some really yummy beef vegtable soup that is only about 300 calories per serving and almost no carbs. It's very filling and I have been eatting it for dinner with a salad. Let me know if any one wants the recipe!! Well, hope every one has a great day, I'm off to shower, and then to work!
Old 07-13-2005, 07:58 AM   #6  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hey all!! It's a rainy snuggly morning here. Boy, global climate change is sure rearing its ugly head in the bluegrass state! No significant rain for a month and now its been raining cats and dogs for days!! Grrrr!! Really screwing up my field time!! Been on phase for a whole week now with no cheating. I cheated two days after I started, but in my defense it was July 4th weekend, and then I ate Taco bell last week...no defense there...I'll have to just plead out , but have been a good girl so far. Hopefully the scale will reflect that on Monday. I'm drinking coffee trying to revive myself after being up till 2 am arguing with the bf!!! Men....I swear...they make me swear !!!

Schatzi: Sorry about the plateau (I love that word, hate what it means)! If I weighed what you did though, I'd be one happy beach chick!!! You shall overcome!!

Artemis & K@t: Good job on working out! I so admire you for that. That's something I need to do better with myself!!

JustJess: Take care of yourself!!! Eat some beans, maybe that will help with the wooziness??
Old 07-13-2005, 08:11 AM   #7  

Default Good morning!

Hey Chickies!

Do y'all take notes on each entry in order to respond to everyone's comments? My brain doesn't work well enough in the morning to remember what everyone said long enough to comment on it. Please know that I read them all even though I don't comment.

Schatzi, I have a joke in honor of your move South. What's the difference between a Yankee and a Damn Yankee? A Damn Yankee stays! Just kidding - we love transplants from the norhtern states.

My DH weighed last night. He started SBD Monday morning. I thought it might be a little early and hated for him to be disappointed. Boy, was I wrong. He lost 4.5 pounds in 2 days! He is elated. He hasn't been hungry at all. I'm finding that everything tastes so much better than what I'm used to eating. Real food with real seasonings instead of crap out of a box or a can. I'm feeling more energetic already.

I'd better run! I have a tennis match this morning with a team that's just asked me to join them for the Fall league season. I hope I play well and don't make them think they made a mistake!

Have a great day, all.

Leslie
Old 07-13-2005, 08:17 AM   #8  

Ooooh, I'm worrying bout our Mother Hen, Where oh Where is our Ruthie!

Ellis: Dahlink, I will hang on to my joisey accent with every fiber of my being... Y'all......heheee....Oh why not just have fun with the substitute Psychiatrist..tell em you like to run nekkid through the neighbors sprinklers while eating a Mars Bar..Shouting Hoodle Doo, Hoodle Doo!!!!

Artemis: You go Girl, careful in the heat.. specially if you are on Ph1!

JustJess: Oh Lordy Girl, I hope that it was just of case of nerves.. and post stress from your test... Which by the way...HOW FAB U PASSED!!!!

K@t: Glad 2 C U here!!! Men and Scales... sometimes just want to throw them both out the window!

Pearsy: You're on the right track!!! hmmm, up till 2 with BF..naughty girl

Last edited by Schatzi; 07-13-2005 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:18 AM   #9  

HiLeslie..our posts crossed in the mail... Have a wonderful time playing tennis... and KUDOS 2 DEAR HUBBY!!!
Old 07-13-2005, 08:25 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Poop! It's just after 8 and the house is already at 30ºC or 86ºF! I think I'll just lie in the Girls' wading pool for the day. Or maybe go to the Long Horn and drink all day.

Actually I am going down there but just for coffee. My pal Sue from Rochester is here for her annual cottage visit and we always do coffee when she's here. I think it's my year to pay! This afternoon I'm off to the Clinic for shot #4 and that'll be about it for the day. I'll pop back in later to see what you chickies are doing.

Ellis, we should consider banning Schatzi as she is just too damned cheery! And she's working on a Southern drawl on top of her new Joisey one! Whaddayathink, eh?
Old 07-13-2005, 08:27 AM   #11  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Ellis: So sorry, I didn't even see your post till just now!!! Not trying to be rude but do not have the proper amount of coffee coursing through my veins yet! I'm workin' on it !

Leslie: Hi..what a great wife you are!!! Your hubby is lucky.

Schatzi: Yeah right!! Lucky me!! Unfortunately it wasn't the good kinda staying up till 2 am..you know, the stuff that makes you wish you stayed up 'till 3!! You must know what I'm talkin about with the hubby back and all !! Mine's in CA and our argument was over then phone....even more frustrating! Will let you know when I see him in three weeks if there's any of good up 'till 2am stuff goin' on hehehe!!!!
Old 07-13-2005, 08:28 AM   #12  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Morning y'all...

Schatzi: going through the same thing you are--staying OP, exercising, but gettin' no love from the Scale Gods....grrrrrrrr

Artemis, you Chesire cat! Sounds like you are adjusting to the beach rather nicely!

Ellis: Good luck with the psychiatrist. Not a fun thing to do!

Jess: Sounds scary! Are you eating on schedule? Sounds like blood sugar dipped low!

Kat: Would LOVE to have your soup recipe! Can you post it in the recipes section?

Pearshape: Men...can't live with 'em,can't shoot 'em.....

Leslie: What great success your hub is having! Unfortunately for us gals, men folk always lose faster!

Me: Struggling with the scale not budging despite my 100% compliance to the program. Any words of wisdom?
Old 07-13-2005, 08:31 AM   #13  
A Lily from my yard!

Mornin'! Runnin late as usual!

Leslie... scroll either up or down (?) and you can read the previous posts while you post sweetie. I can't member all that stuff either! I do member thinkin like you in the beginin though.

Take care all must get hair down and be at work by 8. It's only 3 miles but I sit in bump 2 bump traffic every mornin.

Don't worry Ruth will b out 2 play shortly. She n the gurls r prolly laid up takin it easy! tee-hee
Old 07-13-2005, 08:32 AM   #14  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks

Going to the mall,this morning so I have to make this fast. W-I this morning and I'm up a pound Going to try some this different this week along with my 3 x's a week dinner at noon.My idea is that I'm not eating enough at my meals that I tend to snack alot in the evening while watching t.v. So this week I going to add 300 cals. to what I was eating [1000 Ph1 to 1200 Ph2]1300 is what I'm aiming for.

WISH ME LUCK IN MY QUEST FOR WEIGH LOSS.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 07-13-2005 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:37 AM   #15  
Kyemom

OMGosh...you girls kill me...I love when I come to work and literally LOL ...It is such a great way to start the day!!..Actually I have had a terrible morning, until I got online. I got up 45 min late then I dropped the kids off at summer camp and realized I still had on my slippers ..Must have left them on when I took the furbabies out!!!...So, had to go back home and change my shoes...still only 17 minutes late (and still the first one here )...Anyway stay cool girls and OP. I will check back in a bit!!!
Closed Thread