South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 12:05 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 227/209/145

Do any of y'all find yourselves going to the bathroom a lot more in the middle of the night from drinking so much water during the day? I have to pee at least 3x thru the night and this just started happening on 2nd day of P1. Just wondering if it's just me or does anyone experience this!
Old 07-15-2005, 12:05 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 225/225/175

Hi everybuddy! Just wanted to check in real quick at week's end to post my loss! I direct your attention to the ticker I haven't had a chance to read any posts or post at all this week. I've been having trouble w/my computer remote connection to the office, work has piled up, etc. Man, I hate when work gets in the way of fun! I'll get back on tonight when things are slower and ck on all the fun stuff I missed this week. Seems like everybuddy's doing so great!! Keep it up, chicks!!

Juliana
Old 07-15-2005, 01:17 PM   #78  
going places

Sunkist - I've always been a big water drinker and I've also noticed a number of late night bathroom trips since I started phase I. I don't think it's so much the water we're drinking as much as it's the body flushing things out. I'm sure the pesky bathroom trips in the middle of the night will subside in a few more days. Keep on chugging that water, sister!
Old 07-15-2005, 01:20 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 227/209/145

@valerie910...thanks! It's really becoming a nuisance...but it will be well worth it if it's because my body may be cleaning itself out! I'm gonna keep drinking water, water, water!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2005, 02:22 PM   #80  
Kyemom

I try to drink the majority of my water before 6:00pm...That way I am not up all night!!
Old 07-15-2005, 03:05 PM   #81  

Lunch: 2 cold chicken tenderloins (my brother ate all of the leftover taco bake, bah!), and "strawberry banana" yogurt (plain yogurt, few drops of vanilla, splenda, and like 1/2 tsp sugar free jell-o mix!)
Old 07-15-2005, 03:36 PM   #82  

Sunkissed- I am peeing so much more now too. Feel like I am pregnant again~~
Old 07-15-2005, 05:28 PM   #83  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

I've been going to the potty so much, I had to get TP on my lunch break so I'll have some more at home!

This weekend is going to be hard, no beer
I've done good all week, no cheats, so I will get over it and continue to do good, I don't want to sabotage myself this weekend, but the weekends are always hard for me.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:26 PM   #84  

Default Ive got a couple of questions, but first of all, Hi.......

I also started on 11, but havent posted here before. I should say I am in the UK so cant seem to find all the same stuff you guys get over in the US.

If there are any other UKers out there I would love to hear how you are doing and the things you are eating. I have been doing (well really not doing) WW for ages but getting bored and finding it really hard to stick to so thought this would give me something new to think about.

I weighed myself today,(said I wasnt going to until monday, but the scales in work are better than mine and I am not in work now until mid next week). I have been really good, but only seem to have lost 2 lb. I thought I would lose more in what is nearly a week. Oh well maybe next week it will drop away. How quickly did youall start to lose?

Also, Canadian Bacon, is that just Maple cured bacon or is it some low fat kind of bacon. I can get maple bacon, or lean/low fat bacon over here, which should I go for?

Thanks
Old 07-16-2005, 01:34 PM   #85  
Trying again

S/C/G: 220.4/216.2/173

Height: 5'11"

I haven't had a chance to post much this week. I've been doing good, only cheated a little bit yesterday when I went to lunch with my mom and had a tiny bit of barbecue sauce with my chicken breast. I lost my job Tuesday but that has actually made it a lot easier to stick with the program. I made the breakfast cheesecake but just got around to trying it today, it's actually really good! The weekend is going to be the real test. I can never seem to eat right when DH is around. I think I'm also going to try to start exercising next week. Nothing too outrageous, just taking long walks with my son.

It sounds like everyone is doing great!!!
Old 07-16-2005, 01:38 PM   #86  

Default Newbie Starting Date 7-17

I was just wondering about what is allowed on sb phase I, such as things you just pick up from the store to snack on!
sugar free fudge sicles, lowfat cheese, nuts!
What kind of yoqurt are we allowed?
Is there anything else you cant live without in phase I that i should pick up the store????
Thanks, amy
Old 07-16-2005, 03:20 PM   #87  

Good day foodwise so far!

Breakfast: 4 slices lean turkey, string cheese (I needed a break from eggs)
Snack: Tbsp peanut butter
Lunch: 3 "wraps" I guess you would call them (each consist of 2 slices lean ham, avocado slice, bit of 2% cheese, and mustard), and 1/2 cup skim milk
Old 07-17-2005, 04:56 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Chicks

Everything is going well - its now Sunday and I cant believe we are on Day 7 of P1 already!

My DH tried tempting me yesterday - he brought home some ice cream - I told him I didnt want it, and then later he went out and brought a bottle of wine home.

WHY do they try to sabotage like this? I know not all men do it, but over and over we read about spouses/partners pulling these tricks.

Anyway, so here we Day 7. Half way through.
We can do it !
Old 07-17-2005, 06:31 AM   #89  

I'm not doing phase 1 but let me see if I can answer some of the questions:

AMYC - you want PLAIN nonfat yogurt. Dannon makes one. Looks for yogurt with no added sugar. We've had lots of posts lately on what yogurt is good so you could search the forum for yogurt and find stuff. You can add SF syrup to it. I usually just add Splenda and cinnamon to plain. Reduced Fat cheese is a fine snack but it does have calories so don't eat a ton. You want no sugar added fudgesicles. Nuts are fine but make sure they don't have sugars added. Limit to 1/4 cup I believe. Check the post in the Frequently Asked Question forum for Phase 1 foods.

wendylynn - Canadian bacon is a very lean bacon. You wouldn't want maple bacon since that probably has added sugar.

Everyone - try to get in 4 1/2 cups of nutritious vegetables a day (not iceberg lettuce). That really helps you to get the healthy carbs that you need to make it through phase 1. It also helps with the weight loss in phase 2.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:42 AM   #90  

Doing fine. Weighed myself today-after 8 days I lost 2lbs, I've lost as much as 4lbs the first week of WW so I was a teeny tiny bit disappointed but since I haven't got much to lose I guess it's to be expected. I think I'll move on the Phase 2 now.

I AM happy to say that we took the kids to the boardwalk and I was able to resist my fave-Funnel Cake! They had funnel cake, soft pretzels and cotton candy and I didn't have a single taste
Closed Thread