South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 09:30 AM   #61  

CA85 Hows the breakfast cheesecake? I am going to make it one of these days.

I tried to make the mock french toast the other day and it literally turned out like cinnomin eggs, is that is what its supposed to look and taste like? Mine tasted like dog food but maybe I did something wrong???

Erin and Sunkissed me too about the scale. It looks at me all the time and I promised myself I would wait till Monday!

Last night I ordered the book and cookbook finally. Does anyone have the cookbook? I got it on ebay and it was only $15.00 for both so I thought it was worth it. Although I am still kicking myself because I saw them both a week ago for $1 each and didnt get them bc I thought this diet was just like Atkins! I am honestly feeling better than I ever have. I dont want to say or think that too much and jinx myself but I am proud of myself. I knew my husband was waiting for me to tell him this was not the plan for me and blah blah blah and I didnt!!

Kimberly
Old 07-14-2005, 09:51 AM   #62  
Kyemom

I have the cookbook...there are some really good recipes in there. The eggplant & chicken casserole is to die for!!!
Old 07-14-2005, 10:03 AM   #63  

The cheesecake isn't my favorite (even though it's diet, I'm used to my mom's AMAZING homemade cheesecake! She's an incredible cook...), but over the last few days it's gotten better. I think the more it solidifies the better it tastes, I haven't tried it frozen but maybe I shold freeze a couple and see how it goes. It IS great to have something ready for me in the fridge for breakfast, I just don't have the energy to get up and make eggs and turkey bacon or something every morning.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:06 AM   #64  

I didnt want to buy it at first bc was afraid this was just one of the many diet plans that come and go. But now that I am actually in the right frame of mind and believing this is a great plan I decided to buy them. I def. need some new ideas on food!

Kimberly
Old 07-14-2005, 10:07 AM   #65  

sunkissed - sausage is too high in fat. Also, chicken wings are dark meat and we are supposed to be eating chicken breast since it is leaner (but I eat chicken thighs occasionally myself - shhh! Don't tell! )
Old 07-14-2005, 11:34 AM   #66  

I had some yogurt for snack, plain nonfat obviously, sweetened with 2 tsp splenda and a tsp vanilla....tasted like the real thing! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Leslie for the idea.

I think I'm going to make chicken and black bean chili for lunch, we bought some fresh chicken (we usually get frozen) and it was going to expire...so we had to cook it all last night! We'll be eating plenty of it the next couple of days.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:10 PM   #67  

Whew! Day 4 already Day 2 was the hardest, I had such a headache. I'm sure it was probably from sugar withdrawal lol! My dh got me a nonfat latte though to get some caffiene in me and that helped a little

However, I made it through that and day 3 was better. Things are looking up!
Old 07-14-2005, 12:59 PM   #68  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Morning Ladies, err Afternoon!

Glad to see everyone doing well and perky to! We are all doing soo good, GO US!!!

Going good, getting tired of chicken, so am eating a salad for lunch w/ cottage cheese FF. Who would have thought FF is so good? I have never bought anything FF, just makes me thing it will be bland, but it's pretty good. I have learned so much just in a few days of being on this about myself, and about food! I'm very happy with SBD.

I also found another site that is about SBD only and they had before and after pics...so inspiring. I would hate to post the link though...not sure if that would be ok or not. Let me know if you would like to check it out.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:44 PM   #69  

Final and cumulative food report, here we go.

BFST:Breakfast cheesecake cup, a few peanuts
SNK: 1/2 Plain yogurt with added tsp vanilla and sweetened with Splenda
LCH: 1 cup chicken and black bean chili
SNK: About an ounce 2% cheese
DNR: Taco bake (mmm good!)
DSRT:SF Strawberry jell-o with Cool Whip Free
Old 07-14-2005, 08:27 PM   #70  
Starting over once again

TODAY WAS HORRIBLE!!!! I got so stressed at work. I didn't hit the vending machines like I was tempted to do. It was worse. Dh & I took the kids out for chinese food earlier. I feel horrible. There was so much sugar & carbs in it, I could literally feel my head swimming. Now my stomach is tore up. I've learned my lesson.

I need to find a way to release stress other than eating. I know I could get out & go for a walk & plan to from now on. I've just always been a stress eater & some habits die hard. But, this one has to.

Tomorrow is a new day & will be a better day. I'm going to fix black beans, salsa & cheese for lunch tomorrow. Dh & I are getting ready to go walk as soon as he gets home, so I'm going to do some laundry until then.

Later chickys!
Old 07-14-2005, 11:05 PM   #71  
going places

Default Only day 1 - can I still post here?

I started on July 5th and made it three days (lost 6 pounds)...then started fresh today, so technically that's day four for me right?

Exercise: I started my day with a 45 minute walk through the park - YAY ME! Finished the day with an hour of swimming. (The pool is also a great place for stretching, especially if you're like me and not very flexible )

Breakfast: I really can't stomach eggs for breakfast (they literally make me ill) so I had that mocha ricotta creme for breakfast (hope that's okay!) It filled me up and was really yummy!

Snack: Part skim string cheese and a sugar free gelatin.

Lunch: I browned some chicken breast strips and used fajita seasoning on them...then just threw them on a big salad (still warm) and topped it with a little ranch/salsa dressing. (Yummy!!) BTW - is ranch dressing okay?

Snack: Roasted Chick Peas w/ garlic salt and chili powder - YUM!! Sugar free gelatin.

Dinner: Lean taco seasoned ground beef - made into a taco salad w/romaine, green bell pepper, tomato and cilantro.

Snack: sugar free fudge pop

I had emotional eating urges for most of the day today...they really hit me hard mid-afternoon. I probably over-did the sugar free gelatin today...I'm sure glad it was there, though...and REALLY glad it wasn't the kind sweetened with sugar alcohols! I'm actually pretty surprised that so many companies are switching to sugar alcohols when a multitude of people can't tolerate it's effects. I picked up a package of Jello brand gelatin in the pre-made cups the other day and read the ingredients...sure enough it had sugar alcohol.

I've read a lot of great recipes today that I can't wait to try...I think it's great that you all are so creative, I know I'd still be gagging on eggs for breakfast if I hadn't found this site.

time for nighty night...

Val
Old 07-15-2005, 08:00 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 227/209/145

Good morning and welcome to Day 5 on the beach!
9 more days on Phase 1. Can I make it!?!?! I hope so! Things are going well so far. I'm not getting on the scale until Monday July 25. Hopefully I would have lost the 13lbs. I'll take any amount of loss though. I'm going to start an online journal. I'll post the link to it when I have it up and running. Good luck to you all and I hope you have a marvelous Day 5!!
Old 07-15-2005, 09:46 AM   #73  

Happy Friday Ladies! How is everyone doing? I had some yummy tomatoes and feta last night and it was so good. That really made me night. I still cant believe this is day 5! Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 07-15-2005, 10:00 AM   #74  

Good start today. 2 scrambled eggs and 1/2 cup plain yogurt (sweetened with vanilla and splenda)...and a LOT of water. I need to start chugging the moment I wake up to get in as much as I can!
Old 07-15-2005, 12:02 PM   #75  

For break we can have as many eggs as we want right? And cheese in the eggs is fine? I usually have 3 eggs and 1 or 2 pieces of lf american cheese and cucumbers for breakfast.

CA85 I have had a lot more water too lately and boy am I always running to go tinkle!
Closed Thread