South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 03:55 PM   #1  

Default Hello and Please help me with a question!!

Hello everyone!! I just found all you wonderful people last night and I love it here. My name is shortiemetoo/Karla and I will probably ask a lot of questions of you knowledgeable people here!!
I already tried a recipe for breakfast and it was awesome, it was mock french toast and I didn't even miss syrup...I just sprayed them with I can't believe its not butter and rolled them into crepes. I think they would be awesome as dessert crepes with berries and a little cool whip!! Tomorrow I start phase 2....Phase 1 has been great for me! I haven't been hungry, haven't cheated and I am already feeling a little better. No real cravings inless my 7 month pregnant daughter brings me down the candy aisle at the store...that is when I look...admire...and so far have walked away!!
Now my question please....I am going to an amusement park in 10 days...for six days!! I have my meals pretty well planned from looking at menus and knowing what is available from previous trips. I will probably not stick exactly to what should only be about 2 fruit and 2 grain carbs a day.. I figure I may have 3 fruits and 1 or two carbs to keep me from snacking on the typical amusement goodies.
Our room will have a microwave and a frig so I was thinking of making some hard boiled eggs and maybe the baked chilli Pie and zuchinni fritatta to bring and reheat. I will be eating out most meals but for breakfast wanted to have good choices already available. There are plenty of places to buy salads and fresh fruit, as well as grilled chicken. I did purchase some Kraft south beach snack foods in case I really want cookies or crackers as I can easily bring some with me. I also brought the "breakfast bars". I thought I could possibly have these in the morning with a protein and vegie. Will you please give me your opinions!! Thank you!!

I bought these Dannon light and fit smoothies before starting south beach and hope I can use them on my trip for a quick breakfast also:

Light 'n Fit Smoothie Strawberry Banana
Serving Size: 7 fl oz; 207ml

Amount Per Serving

% DV*
Calories 70
Calories from Fat 0
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol < 5mg 1%
Sodium 70mg 3%
Potassium 240mg 7%
Total Carbohydrates 13g 4%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 12g
Protein 5g 10%
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 4%
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) 4%
Riboflavin 20%
Vitamin B6 2%
Vitamin B12 10%
Biotin 0%
Iron 0%
Vitamin D 15%
Calcium 15%
Phosphorus 15%
Magnesium 4%
Pantothenic Acid 4%
Zinc 4%
Selenium 0%

Not a significant source of vitamin C

*%DV means % Daily Value based on a 2000-calorie diet

Ingredients:

Nonfat yogurt [cultured grade A nonfat milk, contains less than 1% of modified corn starch, whey protein concentrate, pectin, agar-agar, vitamin A palmitate, vitamin D3], water, strawberries, fructose, apple puree, banana puree, contains less than 1% of modified corn starch, natural flavor, sucralose (SplendaŽ brand), potassium sorbate (to maintain freshness), malic acid, red 40, blue 1, annatto extract (for color), sodium citrate. Contains active yogurt cultures including L. acidophilus.

I will look forward to any suggestions you care to offer!! And opinions on the smoothies also!!! Thanks so much for all the help so far from the great and informative information and the yummy recipes
Old 07-04-2005, 08:36 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! I'll take a stab at this but I'm sure other chicks will chime in.

If you are starting on Phase II, you have to be very careful not to add too many carbs at once. Try one carb a day for a week and then add a second one if you continue to lose weight. Be sure to read the FAQ section on this.

As to the shake, why not make a shake instead? There are recipes in the Recipe Forum. They are cheaper and better. Some of the ingredients you posted could stall you. South Beach focuses on unprocessed food. Snack bars and shakes are OK for emergencies but are best avoided.

I hope this helps - that was an awfully long question!
Old 07-05-2005, 01:07 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
Whew! I'll take a stab at this but I'm sure other chicks will chime in.

If you are starting on Phase II, you have to be very careful not to add too many carbs at once. Try one carb a day for a week and then add a second one if you continue to lose weight. Be sure to read the FAQ section on this.

As to the shake, why not make a shake instead? There are recipes in the Recipe Forum. They are cheaper and better. Some of the ingredients you posted could stall you. South Beach focuses on unprocessed food. Snack bars and shakes are OK for emergencies but are best avoided.

I hope this helps - that was an awfully long question!
Thank you, and sorry for the length of the post. I was interested in something during my trip to an amusement park...just want to stay as close "to the beach" as I can!! Thank you.
shortiemetoo/karla
Old 07-05-2005, 03:58 AM   #4  
K@t
Babywaby

What you have packed already sounds like your well prepared for your trip. As for the shakes, 13g carbs and 12g of sugar sound like a lot for just a shake. I would probably skip those, offer them to your daughter instead. I am using some shakes called revitalize when I'm in a pinch, you can check them out here

http://www.revitalize.com

Have fun on your vacation!!
Old 07-05-2005, 08:32 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Please be aware that most shakes are NOT SBD approved.
Closed Thread