Going back to the Beach with some questions

• Hi, everyone! I haven't posted in awhile. I tried SBD a few months ago, but wasn't really committed. I lost 30 pounds between December and March, but since then I've just been maintaining. I saw my doctor last week, and she recommended that I try SBD again, but this time do Phase I (I skipped it last time b/c I was nursing--still am, but much less). So here I am, back at it!!! Day 1 down.

I do have a couple questions that I can't find answers to in my book: 1) is there a daily maximum for healthy oils? and 2) Can we eat more than 1/3 to 1/2 cups of beans a day and still lose well on Phase I? Thanks!
  • Darlene, there's a great guide right here.
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56861
    It's a little more explicit for those of us who need more direction.
    Good luck!
  • Hmm... it doesn't say anything about beans. I'm sure you can have a good cup a day, Darlene. Particularly if you're still nursing.
  • Welcome back to The Beach. We kept your umbrella for you.

Check out the revised Phase I Food list in the FAQ Section as there are several changes since the book was published.

A serving of legumes per day is what you should start with and you could raise this as long as you are losing weight. In my opinion the equivalent of 3 tablespoons of oil would be reasonable.
  • Thanks, Ruth and Ellis! And Ruth, thanks for the clarification on the beans--I thought the "start w/ 1/3 to 1/2 cup" meant try eating that, and if you're stil hungry, you can eat more. I'm glad you set me straight!
  • Good luck!
  • Welcome back to the beach!!