Belly Fat First- Is this true?

• I know, I know. I have said a few times that I am going to start SBD and I have tried for like a day each time and quit. SO, here's to starting again tomorrow- okay? Anyway, so is this true that you lose your belly fat first? Thanks guys, I will stick to it this time- I promise

Jacquerlyn
  • Most people have said that yes, they lose belly fat first. I've lost in many areas in my 1 month on SBD.

Hope you stick with it!

Jenn
  • i usually lose in my chest first (damned there goes my best physical asset!)
  • Gotta go with the boobage... My bra actually fits now..and now my belly is flattening out.
  • I lost off both my chest and belly. I went from a 42DDD to a 36C and from size 18/20 down to a size 8. I used to wear XL shirts and now wear small or medium ones. But exercise has helped me to tone up.
  • Barb!!!! You must look FABULOUS! How wonderful... I wanna be you when I grow up
  • It was strange when I realized one day that I had shoulder blades. I am going to have to get some current pictures taken. And I can't wait until my sister sees me in August!
  • PATZgirl,
    Don't concern yourself with the "bellyfat first" myth. You only have 15 pounds to lose, so I wouldn't expect a dramatic change in your body composition.

Do you drink beer? If you do, and cut it out, you may see your belly go down, but everything else is proportional, in other words, it will come off the way it came on and that usually means, boobs will be the first to go.

All in all the South Beach Diet is a wonderful eating plan and you will see results if you follow the book.
  • I"ve heard that the last place you gained it is usually the first place you lose it. In my case that would probably be my face. I'm SO looking forward to getting rid of this second chin!!
  • I'm with Doss, I always see a change in my face first.
  • I wish *my* books would lose some of their boobage!!!

• I think it depends...the first time I did it (successful, but temporary because I was a bad, bad girl) I knew I had lost pounds but I hardly felt a difference anywhere, because I lost a little allover. This time I'm feeling like my stomach is shrinking a tiny bit (4-5 pounds down...). I wouldn't go by "bellyfat first", because people are different, have different body types, and different problem areas.