3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   yep i'm screwed (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/60610-yep-im-screwed.html)

nefarious_wytch 06-30-2005 01:37 PM

yep i'm screwed

it's official... on July 14th I will be involuntarily unemployed for the first time in my life. i really just want to go home, cry and binge on ice cream and junk food.... ah chocolate chip cookie dough would be so good right now!!

Schatzi 06-30-2005 01:40 PM

Oh Nefarious Wytch... Hopefully one of your interviews will end in a job for you...
We're all pulling for you!

PHinsUP! 06-30-2005 02:01 PM

:grouphug:
nefarious....I'm sure you'll find something even better than the job you have right now

a broad abroad 06-30-2005 02:05 PM

Sorry to hear of the job loss. Don't think of food. Think of all the prime time you can use to focus on your exercise during this glorious time of year. Try to look on the bright side. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise, a chance for you to explore new avenues, or take the road less travelled.

jenne1017 06-30-2005 02:08 PM

No bad food! It cost money to get it and you need to save yours and you wil regret it later.

hit up some of the restaurants and stuff in your area. Scan the papers and re-vamp your resume (I can help if you need it!).

I hated asking my dad for money, even when I was in the hole with him for $1000. Our relationship may be rocky but when I was laid off, he was there. And I paid him back (not that he took it!). That's what parents are there for. If you need to ask yours, the worst they can say is no.

sarahyu 07-01-2005 08:42 AM

We've all gone through the poverty at one time or another. Wondering where the money will come from for the rent and the car payment. Which gets paid this week and what won't get paid until next month. I started paying everyone just a fraction of what was due, just as good faith money so they knew I was trying but couldn't quite do it.

Call your credit card companies now and tell them you are having problems. Ask them for some help, at least it will be on file that you have talked with them. Unless you are planning to charge the next few months then maybe you don't want to tell them yet you are unemployed.

Don't try to focus on the diet right now. Ramon noodles and canned tuna when it goes on sale. Just remember to only eat when you need to nurish the body, not because you are stressed out about the situation. Food will not help, well, at least not permanently. It might make you feel better the 2 minutes it takes to eat the cantainer of ice cream but the problems will still be there when you come down from the sugar high.

I know this is tacky, but when I went through my lowest point. I told my pastor at church and he put a bug into many people's ears and I had dinner invitations left and right and people would stop by my place with a container of something and say stuff like, "I found sweet potatoes on sale and made too much for the family, would you take some for me? I really hate to waste food."

Do you guys in Canada have unemployment benefits? Are you eliglble?

Try to take it one day at a time, shoot sometimes it's even one minute at a time. Just don't let the emotions get control of your eating.

Sarah

Kelster2 07-01-2005 09:40 AM

Nefarious, I feel for ya girl! Been there, done that. When I was in college, it was literally living penny to penny. I lived on the WORST street in the WORST neighborhood in Lansing because the rent was cheap. The easier way for me to make the most of my money was the farmer's market (way cheaper than a store) and discount food stores like Save-a-lot and Aldi's (still shop there today, because I like to save $$).

Also, I took a second job at night at an answering service just to supplement the income. Look around your neighborhood, is there a convience store or gas station that might need someone on second shift?

Don't give up hope, there's always a way! ;)

Kel

*Victoria* 07-01-2005 03:51 PM

Canada does have EI, and Nefarious you should be eligible!! I think it is only like 65% of your usual wage, and it varies how long they make you wait, but if you need any information on applying for it go here :
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/gateways/n...ogram/ei.shtml

I'm not sure how much you know about this, but they need to supply you with a ROE within 5 days of becoming unemployed, and you can apply immediately after you get it.
You can apply online if you want, you need your SIN, ID like drivers liscence or Birth Certificate, your ROE & complete bank account info. Hope this helps a little! If you need anymore info just post questions :)

nefarious_wytch 07-01-2005 04:05 PM

yeah i know about ei adn that's my plan but its not enough a month to pay for my rent and my student loan payments (which I can't reduce because i'm on a credit counselling plan)... that's the problem... i really don't want othave to go back to cooking professionally cause i gain so much weight when i do that...

thanx everyone for your support

you'll be happy to know i didn't end up buying any junk food and rather bought dried beans and cheese so that i can stick to the diet.

jenne1017 07-02-2005 10:03 AM

Nef-

What about putting your loans on forbearance or defferment? I did for like 3 years. If you are unemployed, they let you do that ! Or at least they do in the US. I don't know Canadian law...

Tammy70 07-02-2005 11:26 PM

Hugs to you Nefarious. Been there myself before, I think everybody does at one point in their lives. I agree with Jenne, I deferred my payments on my student loans when I was unemployed. They gave me several months to get on my feet. It's worth asking, all they can say is no right? Just a question though.... if you're doing credit counseling can't you add your student loans in to that balance? We did the counseling many years ago but I don't remember if they allow student loans or not, I would check with your counselor just to make sure. The Lord doesn't give us anything we can't handle. Keep your chin up girl :grouphug:

nefarious_wytch 07-03-2005 06:41 AM

my student loans (except two of the bank loans because my parents co-signed but they're paying for those portions evreymont) are in my credit counselling program but they're still at $625/month and my rent is $775/month and moving isn't really an option.

i'll get through this....the next two weeks willbe fun though cause i have $17 until then. luckily i have some veggies now and more dried beans but i don't know what i'm going to do for mine and my cats meds. the clinic i go to around here (my family dr. is 4 provinces away) don't get samples. so i don't know what to do about that.

hey if anyone wants to give me a job let me know!