Milkshake!

• Please tell me that it's ok!
    I just made a milkshake that tasted sooooo good that I feel guilty for it!
    I used Purity Double Free Vanilla Ice Cream...SF & FF with only 80 calories, and a little ff milk and a little black coffee, and added some SF Kalu Caffe syrup and blended it up.
    OMG it was delicious.
  • What's in the ice cream? We aren't normally allowed ice cream and the limit on SF treats is 75 calories a day.
  • OMG PHINS, That sounds AWESOMELY DELISH!!! I hope its okay too
  • the Ice Cream's ingredients are Nonfat Milk, Maltodextrin, Polydextrose, milk(adds a negligible amount of fat) Sorbitol, Stablizer(microcrystalline cellulose, mono & diglycerides, cellulose gum, carrageenan (standardized with whey powder) artificial vanilla flavor, aspartame, vitamin a palmitate
    the nutritional facts are:
    calories 80
    fat 0
    cholestrol 0
    sodium 70 mg
    total carbs 21g
    sugars 6 g
    sugar alcohol 4g
    protein 4g

so is it bad? or ok for an occasional treat?
  • the "OSE"'s in there is what worries me... but I have no clue
  • I would think the polydextrose would be a problem as well as the maltodextrin but maybe someone else would know for sure. I seem to remember that those are treated by the body as sugars.
  • HI Phins!!

I just tried a shake recipe for the first time tonight. I found the recipe here under phase 2.
    1 C skim milk
    1/4 C skim rocotta cheese
    2 t chocolate sf pudding mix

Blend for about a minute and then add ice to get the frothiness you want.

It was delish, it made me feel like I was cheating, felt a little guilty at first, then I figured it was on phase 2 so I should just enjoy.
  • Quote: the "OSE"'s in there is what worries me... but I have no clue

polydextrose (mostly fiber) is usually added to recipes to add bulk that sugar usually does, the cellulose gum is just a fiber for texture