It's the little things

• Just wanted to share with you all Little Victories and Little Changes i noticed today..
    Today we went to the movies to see War of the Worlds.. Usually I MUST have a large Popcorn, with XXX butter (Layered of course) and sometimes some MMS..

We stood in the refreshment line so that Ken (DH) could get a soda.. I was consumed with the smell of the Popcorn, and looking at the MMS like a fiend going thru withdrawal...

I said to Ken that I had to walk away ... and I thought OK you brought your water and nectarines , You planned for this, now stick to it.. and we walked into the theater...(YES, VICTORY !)...

I bounded up the stairs (HUH? WHA? ) full of energy... and Plopped into a seat (with ROOM TO SPARE... Again, hey whats going on here.. did they make the seats wider???)
    As we watched all the "commercials" I gave myself a hug for ignoring the popcorn and reflected on how it felt to have a bounce in my step and actually be able to put my arms down to my side in the seat! As I did, I noticed that I actually had my legs TOTALLY crossed over..not resting myankle or calf on my other thigh... Small wonders ...

I see this man and woman, the woman was very big, she labored up the steps, huff and puff, holding a large popcorn in one arm and a soda and candy in the other... She was wearing this shirt that said, some folks do Jane Fonda I do Sara Lee...(.like somesort of acknowledgement or defiance).They took the seats right in front of us... She struggled to get comfy ..and I just wanted to reach over , give her a hug and wish I could give her the SBD book... but of course I didn't... Then thought, There by the Grace of God go I...

What a difference a month or so makes... What a difference almost 20 poungs makes...!
    Just had ta Share
  • Good for you! It is the small things that make losing pounds such a victory.
  • That's a great accomplishment. Congratulations!
  • Congratulations!! That must be such a good feeling!
  • Good for you!!! You go girl!!!!
  • Good for you of passing the popcorn... Great willpower and strength..Keep at it!
  • Wtg!
  • Thankyou Ladies, it is these little things that are keeping me motivated!
    Hugs 2 U all
  • YEAH!
    It's a great feeling when you take up 1 seat comfortably. I measure my success by how many inches are left when I'm sitting on the bus.

Good job, keep up the good work with all that spring in your step
  • CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Ride the wave of that great feeling it will take you pretty far!!!!!!!!!!
  • Wtg!!!!
  • This made me tear up, quite literally. Doesn't it just astound you to know how much you've changed, especially on days when you've been down on yourself...
  • That is sooo AWESOME!!! I know how you feel, I wish I could encourage all the miserable looking overweight folks I see to try SB...they'd feel so much better!
    I got a lump in my throat reading this too!
    It DEFINATELY is the little victories that make us the most proud.
    I put on my blue jeans a couple of days ago...and I could'nt believe how baggy they were on me now!!

Schatzi, give yourself a HUGE pat on the back...you've gained super strength!
  • Schatzi, that's so great! I totally know the feeling. I had one of those last night. I went to lay down on the bed, on my back, just to watch some TV before actually going to bed, and as I layed by arms across the front of me, I felt MY HIPBONES! They really are there! They're not a myth!

Woo Hoo! and congratulations to you!
  • WTG girl!